• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#69) Rangers vs. New York Islanders — Nice

For years, I’ve had an issue with the Rangers rosters embracing their rivalries, especially with New Jersey and the Islanders. There were games that players on those teams treated games against us like they were playoff games and would run through a wall, and we’d just “olay” the game and let the 60 minutes play out.

Embrace this shit man. They hate us. Hate them back and beat the shit out of this team.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

How can you say screw it when it’s a reality? This group of Islanders plays very well against the Rangers.

It's fine. Breathe. Calm down. They're fine. Plenty left. 

And if not, you've been watching long enough to know about who gives a shit when playoff teams play non-playoff teams post deadline...

A team's playing at the string versus teams waiting for the playoffs to start. 

Sure as a fan you want them up for Friday night rivalry but it has no bearing on the fact that they'll lose to Carolina in R1 anyway 🤣

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

For years, I’ve had an issue with the Rangers rosters embracing their rivalries, especially with New Jersey and the Islanders. There were games that players on those teams treated games against us like they were playoff games and would run through a wall, and we’d just “olay” the game and let the 60 minutes play out.

Embrace this shit man. They hate us. Hate them back and beat the shit out of this team.

they should be embarrassed especially after they owned us last season as well

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

I never thought I would be so bored watching a NYI-NYR game.  This shit is putting me to sleep.  The fans are dead, no LGI/LGR chants, haven't even heard a Potvin Sucks chant and I hate that chant.  Its like a fucking morgue there.

MSG sucks anymore. That’s mainly why. They priced everyone out.

Back in the day, a late season Friday night against this team would be like a yelling match and booze fest. You can’t afford anything there now, and all the bars are closed.

• Like 1

Telegraphing passes, getting olayed all over the ice, no big hits.  Isles are playing aggressive leaving themselves open for odd man rushes and breakaways.  It’s a lazy effort by the Rangers.  Haven’t seen Kreider in front of Varlamov all night!

5 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

I never thought I would be so bored watching a NYI-NYR game.  This shit is putting me to sleep.  The fans are dead, no LGI/LGR chants, haven't even heard a Potvin Sucks chant and I hate that chant.  Its like a fucking morgue there.

Agreed, this shit is dull as hell. 

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Agreed. Not an ounce of hatred here though. Martin clobbered Trouba, they clobbered us late a few times, you would think something would brew. But nope, no pulse.

be a good time for Reaves to do something

or take a penalty

Edited by br-avery

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

For some reason, Igor looks lousy as hell tonight. Could be psychological now too, because we heard the stats he has against this team earlier.

It’s time to beat up on every Rangers player Richie? Who’s next Gallant?