• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#70) Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers — Ode to Keith Yandle

You guys care too much about Yandle. His streak should have ended a while ago in Florida. He’s been terrible. Phillys trying out guys who could be there next year. If Seeler has a chance to be on the team next year you play him. You don’t bench him for the rest of the season to keep -39 Keith Yandle in the lineup lol

This isn’t benching Eli Manning for Geno Smith.

Edited by rmc51
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

You guys care too much about Yandle. His streak should have ended a while ago in Florida. He’s been terrible. Phillys trying out guys who could be there next year. If Seeler has a chance to be on the team next year you play him. You don’t bench him for the rest of the season to keep -39 Keith Yandle in the lineup lol

This isn’t benching Eli Manning for Geno Smith.

No they literally decided to bench a borderline HOF instead of a 28 year old never was because they wanted to give a college guy his first NHL game. 
Don’t sign a guy then that hasn’t missed a game in 15 years if you aren’t going to respect that. Or be up front and say they don’t plan to play him if things go sour as a team which doesn’t seem to be the case since Yandle said himself he’s disappointed. You don’t think other players see this kind of treatment of a veteran with an active NHL record and see a lack of respect ?

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

No they literally decided to bench a borderline HOF instead of a 28 year old never was because they wanted to give a college guy his first NHL game. 
Don’t sign a guy then that hasn’t missed a game in 15 years if you aren’t going to respect that. Or be up front and say they don’t plan to play him if things go sour as a team which doesn’t seem to be the case since Yandle said himself he’s disappointed. You don’t think other players see this kind of treatment of a veteran with an active NHL record and see a lack of respect ?

I mean they've been playing Yandle for like 3 months out of respect. He has truly been terrible. Florida wasn't even going to start him at the beginning of last year and they buckled under the backlash about it. The guy has had received way more opportunity than deserved to keep the streak going

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

44 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Sure, except Seeler is 4 year older Hajek.

Yes, but they played Yandle over other options for months. 
The complaint should be that they let him play this long (extending his streak), not that they ended his streak. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, josh said:

The complaint should be that they let him play this long (extending his streak), not that they ended his streak. 

That's kind of my point. If they scratched him 2,3,4,5 games post-record, sure. 

But don't play him 20ish more games and then not let him get to 1000 because you're evaluating "young" 28 year olds. Once they kept playing him, it's kind of a commitment to getting him to 1000. 

And again, why isn't JVR sitting? Don't they have forwards they can be evaluating?

Edited by Pete
  • Keeps it 100 2

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

Couldn’t disagree more and it’s not even remotely the same as a Hunt or Gauthier or anything so I’m not sure why that’s being brought up. It’s a  15+ year NHL veteran. The Flyers signed him knowing his streak would be broken during the season and he’s been nothing but a pro. There was zero reason to scratch him so they could play a 23 year old rookie. They aren’t going to bring him back next year so you do the right thing as a professional organization and honor the commitment to the game Yandle has and let him decide on his own terms.  All you had to do was dress 7 d if you wanted extra looks for prospects.  He earned that right. 

Ok uhhh..... lets see. ... Oh, Kerik..

Jeez. I bring up players that aren't playing well enough to play in the lineup. THATS why they were brought up. 

They signed him to play hockey. Not to be a sideshow. Their depth was shit, he only cost 900k, and was probably brought in at the request AV.

He broke the record.  Enough. He's not a career Flyer. He's been there for a few months. If he were playing good, that's another story. But playing him JUST to pad a meaningless record that should have ended at the start of the season anyway?

Like I said. If it's a big deal. Release him/ buy him out like Florida did and see if some other team will help him make some more bullshit history.  The record is already a farce. 

There's nothing "iron man" about being handed games you don't deserve to play in, just to pad a record. 1000 games a shmousand games. 

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Ok uhhh..... lets see. ... Oh, Kerik..

Jeez. I bring up players that aren't playing well enough to play in the lineup. THATS why they were brought up. 

They signed him to play hockey. Not to be a sideshow. Their depth was shit and he only cost 900k.

He broke the record.  Enough. He's not a career Flyer. He's been there for a few months. If he were playing good, that's another story. But playing him JUST to pad a meaningless record that should have ended at the start of the season anyway?

Like I said. If it's a big deal. Release him/ buy him out like Florida did and see if some other team will help him make some more bullshit history.  The record is already a farce. 

There's nothing "iron man" about being handed games you don't deserve to play in, just to pad a record. 1000 games a shmousand games. 

Lol my God dude. You seriously are trying to make a link between Gauthier and Yandle. Okay. I'd say we are done here. LOL

Edited by Keirik
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

But don't play him 20ish more games and then not let him get to 1000 because you're evaluating "young" 28 year olds. Once they kept playing him, it's kind of a commitment to getting him to 1000. 

And again, why isn't JVR sitting? Don't they have forwards they can be evaluating?

And that "young" 28 year old isn't even under contract next year either lol

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Lol my God dude. You seriously are trying to make a link between Gauthier and Yandle. Okay. I'd say we are done here. LOL

No. I'm actually not. Sorry you seem to get triggered by the name.

You're missing the point entirely. Yandle doesn't deserve to play. He hasn't for months. What right does he have to be out there besides being a vet that once was a productive player? If you're not good enough play. You shouldn't play. It's that simple. 

Using daily scratches of lesser players that also aren't deserving of playing time, is a perfectly fine example of the point I'm making. The names I used have nothing to do with it. No connection.  Let it go. 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No. I'm actually not. Sorry you seem to get triggered by the name.

You're missing the point entirely. Yandle doesn't deserve to play. He hasn't for months. What right does he have to be out there besides being a vet that once was a productive player? If you're not good enough play. You shouldn't play. It's that simple. 

Using daily scratches of lesser players that also aren't deserving of playing time, is a perfectly fine example of the point I'm making. The names I used have nothing to do with it. No connection.  Let it go. 

Not triggered. Not sure why you can’t have a conversation without a little dig along the way. 

I’m not missing any point. There is no correlation (zero,none) between guys like Hunt or Gauthier who are borderline NHLers at best and an NHL veteran with 15 years experience and an NHL record.  In fact, trying to use those names as examples shows that either you have no concept of history in the NHL or just refuse to acknowledge it. 

The Flyers are a crappy team. They are going nowhere. They also aren’t improving for the future by keeping a 28 year old soon to be UFA that isn’t someone you “need to see more of.” You signed a guy on a one year deal with an iron man streak. The say you sign him, you acknowledge that accomplishment. If the Flyers were fighting for a playoff spot you can understand if he’s hurting the team. However they aren’t.

Frivolously taking him out of the lineup just for shits and giggles on a craptastic team is exactly what’s always been wrong with that organization. They have no clue wtf they are doing and have no respect for the actual game. Just a silly thing to do.

3 hours ago, josh said:

True but they let him overtake the record which was nice of them! Let him grab #1 in a year where the team struggled. I think they did him a solid. But at the end of the day....nothing to see here. Who cares! 

Let's go Rangers! Make the Yandle replacement a -5 so then this can continue after the game too!!!!

2 hours ago, Pete said:

They don’t owe him anything. They did enough by signing him and giving him a chance.

fuck, I wish they would have scratched Messier his last seasons here. 

12 minutes ago, josh said:

They don’t owe him anything. They did enough by signing him and giving him a chance.

fuck, I wish they would have scratched Messier his last seasons here. 

They didn't owe him anything until they got him to the record. They owed him something the minute they signed him, knowing what was at stake. 

• Keeps it 100 1