• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#70) Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers — Ode to Keith Yandle

42 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Not triggered. Not sure why you can’t have a conversation without a little dig along the way. 

I’m not missing any point. There is no correlation (zero,none) between guys like Hunt or Gauthier who are borderline NHLers at best and an NHL veteran with 15 years experience and an NHL record.  In fact, trying to use those names as examples shows that either you have no concept of history in the NHL or just refuse to acknowledge it. 

The Flyers are a crappy team. They are going nowhere. They also aren’t improving for the future by keeping a 28 year old soon to be UFA that isn’t someone you “need to see more of.” You signed a guy on a one year deal with an iron man streak. The say you sign him, you acknowledge that accomplishment. If the Flyers were fighting for a playoff spot you can understand if he’s hurting the team. However they aren’t.

Frivolously taking him out of the lineup just for shits and giggles on a craptastic team is exactly what’s always been wrong with that organization. They have no clue wtf they are doing and have no respect for the actual game. Just a silly thing to do.

Yeah.  You might want to go back and read my response. The names I used are not indicative at all to the point. I said this already.. Let it go. The names mean nothing. The names mean nothing. The names mean nothing....Yet, you keep calling back to them and insist I'm trying to use Gauthier as an example.  It could be Joe Thornton I'm talking about.  It doesn't fucking matter. You play bad, you don't deserve to play. 

The guy broke the iron man streak  It's done. It's over. They signed him NOT so he could play 1000 games. They signed him to be a veteran D man that their coach was familiar with. He failed pretty badly and the team has already been nice enough to keep him in the lineup.

He's not a career Flyer. They just held on to a guy that WAS a career Flyer so he could play his 1000th game in their jersey, thenthey traded him to a contender. So, how shitty are they again?  Keith Yandle is no Flyer legend. They don't owe him more games. 

This is participation trophy stuff here. "Let him play so he can have that 1000 games in a row (but not really) to his name, even though he does nothing to deserve it"  There's zero dignity in the achievement if you are pushed through. They pushed him far enough. Hang em up or ask to be released and come back fresh next year to see if you deserve the games. 

Holy fuck I'm arguing over Keith fucking Yandle and the Flyers. 

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

They didn't owe him anything until they got him to the record. They owed him something the minute they signed him, knowing what was at stake. 

That’s e a toy right. If you aren’t going to honor what he’s about at this later stage of his career, don’t bring him in.

I’d understand it so much more if it were a team he was on for years sitting him. 

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah.  You might want to go back and read my response. The names I used are not indicative at all to the point. I said this already.. Let it go. The names mean nothing. The names mean nothing. The names mean nothing....Yet, you keep calling back to them and insist I'm trying to use Gauthier as an example.  It could be Joe Thornton I'm talking about.  It doesn't fucking matter. You play bad, you don't deserve to play. 

The guy broke the iron man streak  It's done. It's over. They signed him NOT so he could play 1000 games. They signed him to be a veteran D man that their coach was familiar with. He failed pretty badly and the team has already been nice enough to keep him in the lineup.

He's not a career Flyer. They just held on to a guy that WAS a career Flyer so he could play his 1000th game in their jersey, thenthey traded him to a contender. So, how shitty are they again?  Keith Yandle is no Flyer legend. They don't owe him more games. 

This is participation trophy stuff here. "Let him play so he can have that 1000 games in a row (but not really) to his name, even though he does nothing to deserve it"  There's zero dignity in the achievement if you are pushed through. They pushed him far enough. Hang em up or ask to be released and come back fresh next year to see if you deserve the games. 

Holy fuck I'm arguing over Keith fucking Yandle and the Flyers. 

Names mean nothing yet you brought them up? Ok guy. 

3 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Gauthier lol nice D

Reminding everyone why he took a seat in the first place.

Another night like too many looks like they would rather make impossible passes than simply get pucks and bodies to the net. And not play defense.

• VINNY! 1