• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#70) Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers — Ode to Keith Yandle

3 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Positives:

-they picked up a point on the Pens (game in hand) and the Caps (loss to Wild). 

-they woke up after a 5 period slumber

Yeah, true.  But OTOH, had they picked up the 5 others they’ve dropped against Isles and Flyers, they’d be in first and poised to play a lesser opponent in the first round with home ice advantage.

1 minute ago, ausman said:

Yeah, true.  But OTOH, had they picked up the 5 others they’ve dropped against Isles and Flyers, they’d be in first and poised to play a lesser opponent in the first round with home ice advantage.

Pretty obvious to me the Rangers are a second-tier team in the conference. You have the Canes, Panthers and Tampa (I’ll throw them up top due to recent success).

Rangers aren’t as stacked but anything is possible come playoff time. 

• VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

7 minutes ago, Parsley said:

Pretty obvious to me the Rangers are a second-tier team in the conference. You have the Canes, Panthers and Tampa (I’ll throw them up top due to recent success).

Rangers aren’t as stacked but anything is possible come playoff time. 

To be fair, those 3 are probably the 2-4 teams in the whole league after Colorado. The Rangers are arguably the top team right after that...5th?

• VINNY! 1

5 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

To be fair, those 3 are probably the 2-4 teams in the whole league after Colorado. The Rangers are arguably the top team right after that...5th?

I don't watch enough of the second tier teams to really know where they'd fall. Probably up toward the top of that (when/if healthy). Pens, Bruins, Leafs, Caps, Wild, Calgary, Blues (out west). 

Edited by Parsley

• Phil unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Anybody can win once it gets to the playoffs.  

I mean...that's not really accurate, it's missing the qualifier. Anyone can, but they don't all have the same chance/odds. 

Fell asleep during the 2nd - I see Chytil was #3 in the shootout? wtf???

Did he have a good last period + OT or something? Because I can't remember watching him take one before and we have so many potential shooters... Strange decision.

Edit: Looked it up, he was 0-for-4 before last night. Strange indeed...

Edited by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc

15 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Fell asleep during the 2nd - I see Chytil was #3 in the shootout? wtf???

Did he have a good last period + OT or something? Because I can't remember watching him take one before and we have so many potential shooters... Strange decision.

Edit: Looked it up, he was 0-for-4 before last night. Strange indeed...

He did look pretty good last night. Some good chances gaining the zone. Looked like he was feeling it. I didn't hate the choice other than I'm not a Chytil fan.

I would've signed up for a point in this one halfway through the 3rd period for sure!  But 6 posts??? Geez!!!  Thanks again Igor!!!

....And here are the Top 7 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Dunrite Glass Inc.:  Your home for replacing all the broken glass behind the goal at MSG, from shots fired by Mika and Bread!! 

On 4/3/2022 at 1:29 AM, Keirik said:

You can’t Yandle the truth ! 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

How do we vote on the “doing more Ranger” when no one there is doing shit ?

12 hours ago, Pete said:

When the Chytil line is the best line, you're fucked. 

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

That’s not copper, it’s Gold! 

11 hours ago, G1000 said:

...you're not Keirik!

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Saw Chytil. Accepted the loss.

10 hours ago, Valriera said:

My wife when watching the shootout: “why chytil isn’t he just the worst?” 
...a keeper!

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Keirik who basically told it like it was.  Took a while to wake up in this one, eh big man??

I want my Stromie back...and while we're at it...Gimme a side of Kakko!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Cheers 1

Thought Michelletti babbling about "patience" at start of 3rd was exactly wrong. NYR's problem is they don't seem to play with any urgency until they have no choice. They prefer to stay on the outside and go for homerun cross ice passes instead of getting bodies and shots to the net early in the game. Further they are treating putting a body on opposing forwards as ...beneath them? Shots on goal as a stat don't convey how passive this team was offensively for the first 40 minutes. Against a shitbag team playing out the string, you can steal a point. Do that in the playoffs and you will be on the fairway in short order. These are simple things. 

Martin Jones is a shit goalie , the Flyers are playing out the string, tons of indications Yeo is a goner and his team wasn't happy with the Yandle thing. Get a lead early and the Orange Crud probably would've quit. Give any group of professionals a reason to be interested and they will get interested. And as much as we get down about the 3rd and 4th lines, this is mostly about the top guys holding a prettiest pass competition instead of getting after it. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 2

I think we tried to even out them selecting Owen Tippett after him getting stuffed on three breakaways and failing in the shootout.

To be fair, Chytil has been playing really well lately. I understand why Gallant rewarded him with an opportunity to step up. I don't think it was the best move with Fox, Kreider, Laf, Vatrano, Copp, Key, and others available to pick, but I get the rationale. 

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

2 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I think we tried to even out them selecting Owen Tippett after him getting stuffed on three breakaways and failing in the shootout.

To be fair, Chytil has been playing really well lately. I understand why Gallant rewarded him with an opportunity to step up. I don't think it was the best move with Fox, Kreider, Laf, Vatrano, Copp, Key, and others available to pick, but I get the rationale. 

I think that was probably the first time Gallant has over thought something all season. I don't care how good someone is playing in a game, if they're not your most skilled player, you don't put them in a skills competition. You would certainly never see Reaves in the SO, even if he had a hattrick in the same game.

Amazing comeback. But it would have stung slightly less if Fox missed the final shot.

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

I don't think it should've even gotten that far.  It was a miracle that Igor stopped every breakaway, and on top of that we hit the post dead on, 6 times. 

A lot of bad puck luck in that game...  Fuck it...I thought we were lucky to even get a point!

• Applause 1

7 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

None of these guys are terribly successful in shootouts, either, and they didn't have as good overall games as Chytil.

In fact, I think Chytil is best in 1:1 play, so I don't see it as totally out of left field.

• VINNY! 1

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I don't think it should've even gotten that far.  It was a miracle that Igor stopped every breakaway, and on top of that we hit the post dead on, 6 times. 

A lot of bad puck luck in that game...  Fuck it...I thought we were lucky to even get a point!

Oz, your positivity in every damn thread, everyday, is motivating. You should be a life coach; the glass half full mentality is something most could take note of and learn from. Thanks for keeping us all off the edge of a bridge on the daily!

• LOL 1
  • Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1

8 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Oz, your positivity in every damn thread, everyday, is motivating. You should be a life coach; the glass half full mentality is something most could take note of and learn from. Thanks for keeping us all off the edge of a bridge on the daily!

Hang in there my man!!!  We're gonna be a lot better when we get Rooney, Strome, and Kakko back.  That's going to push a few of the "lower hanging fruit" to the sidelines.

Besides, I'm thinking these games right now are seemingly just a dress rehearsal for the playoffs.  The Eastern Conference is pretty well set in stone.

This lineup is going to kick some ass....I think they just have to get more acclimated to one another, especially with Strome, Rooney and Kakko getting back in there.  That could take a few games as well.

I'm targeting the last 5 games of the season as a guide to see how we're going to look in the playoffs.  I think we're going to surprise a lot of people!!  😉

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

Just bad puck luck for us last night, to be honest. Jones stole a game. 

feel like they were just sloppy all night. passes to no one, lots of missed nets, poor defensive plays etc...

Should have beat them like they should have beat the isles and devils

• VINNY! 1

12 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Bad puck luck for us last night. Jones stole a game. I think the eye test confirms this. We had several posts, and Jones made several lucky saves.

Eh...Both teams had the same amount of HDCF, Rangers just had a ton more low % chances.