• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#70) Rangers vs. Philadelphia Flyers — Ode to Keith Yandle

56 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I figured that was coming lo. I hear ya. S puck goes in either way and someone scores. However, I guess some of those are secondary assists or occasions where the goal wasn't a direct outcome of bread's pass. An assist doesn't always mean the goal was from said assist but a goal is always directly correlated if that makes sense.

Maybe more accurately, when I say another gear, it's moreso where he needs to be a bit more selfish sometimes. I'd like to see more shots out of him. His shots are slightly down as well. We all know space and time decreases come playoff time. We really are going to need more shots from him in my opinion. 

And it's fair to ask for more shots, but as long as pucks go off his stick and either into the net directly or indirectly at around this rate, we're good.

Look, if he finishes with 22g and 73 assists, are we really that upset?

3 minutes ago, G1000 said:

And it's fair to ask for more shots, but as long as pucks go off his stick and either into the net directly or indirectly at around this rate, we're good.

Look, if he finishes with 22g and 73 assists, are we really that upset?

No of course not. Because we are a playoff team. 

If we however finish a 5 game series loss and Panarin has stats of 5gp 0g 3a with I think we are going to be upset and I'm not so sure if game 1 of thrbplatoffs resets his mentality into a different type of player. 

I'm just saying, two years ago he was a 33g 63a 95 point player in under 70 games.  I do think there is a different player in there we will need playoff time. 

4 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Panarin giveaways per game as Ranger 1.19, .62 and .89

I would’ve swore it was more this year.   

Last season, he had games with multiple giveaways and was credited with 0. 

russian turnover machine