• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#72) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins — Black & Gold Gonna Fold

Phil

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo
REGULAR SEASON GAME #72 — 4/7/22

NYR Logo Reflectionvs. Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 7:00 PM
TV: ESPN+, HULU, SNE, SNW, SNP
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_Brooksie@StapeAthletic@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: nhl.com/rangersnhl.com/penguins

GameCenter - here

NYR Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

45-20-6 (96 Points)

2nd — Metropolitan

22-7-4

23-13-2

4-3

7-2-1

W1

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+31 (T-10th)

3.00 (18th)

2.58 (3rd)

26.8% (2nd)

81.3% (9th)

46.7% (25th)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Chris Kreider (47)

Artemi Panarin (65)

Artemi Panarin (84)

Mika Zibanejad (+26)

Jacob Trouba (80)

Adam Fox (24:04)

Mika Zibanejad (19:41)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider A 🐎 / Mika Zibanejad A 🎧 / Frank Vatrano 🤌
Artemi Panarin 🍞 /  Ryan Strome A 🧈 / Andrew Copp 👮‍♂️
Alexis Lafrenière 🍩 / Filip Chytil 📈 / Barclay Goodrow 💰
 Tyler Motte 💥 / Jonny Brodzinski 🥔 / Dryden Hunt 💩

Ryan Lindgren 🩸 / Adam Fox 🦊
K'Andre Miller 🔑 / Jacob Trouba A 🚂
Justin Braun 👴 / Braden Schneider 📈

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Igor Shesterkin

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

32-10-4

Healthy Scratches:

Ryan Reaves 👊, Patrik Nemeth 💩, Greg McKegg 🦷, Julien Gauthier 🍁💩

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Sammy Blais 🩹[IR] — Knee surgery; Out for season

Kaapo Kakko 🩹[IR] — Upper-body injury

Kevin Rooney 🩹[IR] — Upper-body injury

Libor Hajek 🤡[DTD] — Suffering from a severe case of Stinky-19

Opponent Logo

Standings:

RECORD:

POSITION:

ROW:

P%:

HOME:

AWAY:

S/O:

LAST 10:

STREAK:

41-20-10 (92 Points)

3rd — Metropolitan

19-11-5

22-9-5

3-6

5-4-1

L2

Team Statistics:

DIFF:

GF/GP:

GA/GP:

PP%:

PK%:

Corsi For (CF)%:

+43 (7th)

3.30 (11th)

2.65 (4th)

21.8 (15th)

85.8 (2nd)

52.4 (9th)

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Jake Guentzel (33)

Kris Letang (53)

Sidney Crosby (72)

Brian Dumoulin (+21)

Kris Letang (45)

Kris Letang (25:43)

Jake Guentzel (19:45)

Starting Lineup:^

Jake Guentzel / Sidney Crosby C / Bryan Rust
Rickard Rakell / Evgeni Malkin A / Jeff Carter
Evan Rodrigues / Teddy Blueger / Kasperi Kapanen
Danton Heinen / Brian Boyle / Anthony Angello

Brian Dumoulin / Kris Letang A
Michael Matheson / John Marino
Mark Friedman / Chad Ruhwedel

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Tristan Jarry

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

33-16-6

Healthy Scratches:

Radim Zohorna, Marcus Pettersson

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Brock McGinn [IR] — Upper-body injury
Nathan Beaulieu [IR] — Lower-body injury

Jason Zucker [DTD] — Lower-body injury; Could play versus Rangers

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

— Jacob Trouba

GIF to LOL :

fail bbc two GIF by BBC

• Thanks 1

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give this team more doubt about facing us. In 3 games, they’ve only scored 4 goals on Igor. We’ve gone stretches across the 3 games where we have flat out dominated play; can’t say they’ve done that to us yet. When this all begins for real, chances are that winds up playing the Rangers. Make them afraid of that idea, and blow them out of the water again. Let’s fucking go!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Give this team more doubt about facing us. In 3 games, they’ve only scored 4 goals on Igor. We’ve gone stretches across the 3 games where we have flat out dominated play; can’t say they’ve done that to us yet. When this all begins for real, chances are that winds up playing the Rangers. Make them afraid of that idea, and blow them out of the water again. Let’s fucking go!

This. The last 2 games were big markers laid down by the Rangers ahead of a potential playoff series. Now PIT is a pretty experienced/mature team so I don't expect them to get too rattled by that. But all professional sports teams go through self-doubt so let's rinse and repeat tonight and completely shatter their souls and any remaining confidence they may have about facing us in the 1st round!

33 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Playoffs are a different animal. The Rangers owned the Hurricanes during the regular season ahead of the bubble (which I know isn't perfectly analogous). They got snuffed in it/out of it.

I don't expressly fear the Penguins either, but I'm not so puffed up on the regular season record that I think it's going to be some kind of cakewalk, either. The Pens are a battle-tested team with hundreds of playoff games worth of experience. The Rangers aren't. I think the Rangers can win, but I'm sure as hell not counting my chickens before they hatch.

29 minutes ago, Phil said:

Playoffs are a different animal. The Rangers owned the Hurricanes during the regular season ahead of the bubble (which I know isn't perfectly analogous). They got snuffed in it/out of it.

I don't expressly fear the Penguins either, but I'm not so puffed up on the regular season record that I think it's going to be some kind of cakewalk, either. The Pens are a battle-tested team with hundreds of playoff games worth of experience. The Rangers aren't. I think the Rangers can win, but I'm sure as hell not counting my chickens before they hatch.

Big difference here.

That Carolina team had a system in place that was essentially that Ranger teams kryptonite. And a lot of their players were young and up and coming.

This Penguins team is, quite frankly, at the end of their run just about. They’re not ancient, but they’re not a team I think can keep pace with a quick team like the Rangers. Obviously a lot of big time talent is there still to be concerned with. 

But there’s a big difference in this Ranger team playing this Penguins team now, and that Rangers team coming off a hiatus and playing that Carolina team that finally at that point seemed to find their way and buy into the system.

Playoffs are playoffs, and they’re weird and anything can happen, I agree there. And I’m certainly not counting on anything. That being said, this is the matchup I think would be best for the Rangers. I think we matchup well with them up and down the lineup. And I think for this group, there would be a boost of confidence long term knowing they took out this long-time formidable rival in a playoff series.

Edited by RichieNextel305

I'm all for taking this one game at a time.  I agree with @Phil, I think there's a lot of battle tested scar tissue on the Pens, and no matter who we play, it's going to be a war.  I'm extremely happy with the progress the Rangers made this season, and I really would love to see them oust whomever it is we play.  But make no mistake, playoff experience and confidence I think, goes a long way in the NHL....especially at this juncture of the season.

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

funny goat GIF

Yeah, but.... If that's Sid the Kid, the Rangers will get two minutes penalty for roughing, five minutes major and ten minutes game misconduct....😁

Keep it clean, this game is for home field advantage in the first round playoff...

• Like 1

They will be desperate to win tonight and maybe we are not quite so desperate.  No way they want to lose three in a row to their most likely first round opponent.

A win also leaves us six points ahead of them with exactly ten games remaining.

There is also an outside chance of catching Carolina since they have come off the boil a bit and we still have two games remaining against them.  Who woulda thunk it?

Fun times

832 times is the trivia answer to how many times does/did Keven Hatcher blink a minute.

Sam talks to Joe about his anal leakage problem on air. Joe asks Sam to show the people in TV land. We then proceed to see Sam's gaping ass cave and know exactly why he has anal leakage. Bob Pages old microphone is seen laying sideways inside of said ass cave.

Hajek gets credit for an assist despite not being in the game.