• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#73) Rangers vs. Ottawa Senators — Pop Your Collars for the MDZ Tour

Phil

Just now, Valriera said:

Shame really because if even one of them was any good you’d have to say we’d be a favorite to win with our team this year 

I don't mean as a line, either. Each of them are basically getting shoehorned into the lineup and are the weakest link on any line they play on.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

10 hours ago, josh said:

Gallant won’t do it.

spread out the size, spread out the skill. There’s so much potential depth with the skill and complementary players. Use it to your advantage 

Playoffs the further you go becomes a war of attrition. Players are gonna get dinged up and hurt.  In most games if they're competitive you're gonna roll out 4 lines. And in playoff OT without commercial breaks, even more so.

26 minutes ago, Phil said:

I don't mean as a line, either. Each of them are basically getting shoehorned into the lineup and are the weakest link on any line they play on.

That's putting words to my observations from yesterday. It was maddening watching that line.

55 minutes ago, G1000 said:

That's putting words to my observations from yesterday. It was maddening watching that line.

Meh, it was Kakko's first game in forever.  While Goodrow as the C makes them more reliable, Chytil would make them more dangerous offensively.  As I said, kid line gets 10-12 minutes with OZ starts, Hunt-Rooney Goodrow gets 15-16 minutes and terrorizes the opposing Dmen.  Top two lines are rolling.

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

Meh, it was Kakko's first game in forever.  While Goodrow as the C makes them more reliable, Chytil would make them more dangerous offensively.  As I said, kid line gets 10-12 minutes with OZ starts, Hunt-Rooney Goodrow gets 15-16 minutes and terrorizes the opposing Dmen.  Top two lines are rolling.

I don't normally wholeheartedly disagree with you, but that's simply not going to happen and if it does, we're in serious trouble. 

That shit worked on Ottawa it ain't working in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

Playoffs the further you go becomes a war of attrition. Players are gonna get dinged up and hurt.  In most games if they're competitive you're gonna roll out 4 lines. And in playoff OT without commercial breaks, even more so.

We're going to want to roll 4 lines. If things go south fast, we are going to see 2 and a half lines. 

Just now, Long live the King said:

Excatly,  if we're giving the lines arbitrary numbers, the kid line is #4 and Hunt-Rooney-Goodrow is the bowling ball. 

Yeah, it could go that way, I just want Copp in for Rooney in that scenario.

Welcome back once again, folks!!  Well, We're in!!  Playoff hockey is back where it belongs at MSG!!!

....And here are the Top 5nominees for Ozzy’s Quote of the GDT, sponsored by

17 hours ago, Valriera said:

Complete as in cock and maybe a ball or two? 

16 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Maybe Del Zotto should focus more on his real estate career that he’s posting all over IG

15 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

Brady Tkachuk looks like he should be working on a fishing boat.

14 hours ago, rmc51 said:

This is why it doesn't matter what the wins look like in October/November/December. Just get them. This is a much different team now, but reaping the benefits of accumulating all of those wins.

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @CBrowningPI.  He really does!!!

But tonight is all about making it back and reaching our first goal.  Stay tuned...the best is yet to come, boys!!!

53 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Yeah, it could go that way, I just want Copp in for Rooney in that scenario.

There's no way any other fourth liner should be playing more than 8 to 10 minutes, Rooney maybe 12 to 14 because of his PK time. Motte as well, when healthy. 

This idea that Rooney's line should play 16-17 mins is a recipe for a sweep. 

• VINNY! 1

Even if your 4th line is fantastic, you can’t play them more than 10ish minutes per night. There just aren’t enough minutes to go around. 

If you figure on roughly 38-40 minutes per night split between your top 2 lines, plus 12-14 for your 3rd, it doesn’t leave much left over for the 4th. 
Those guys are gonna get 8-10.