• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Clinched

Phil

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Jesus Christ is he still with the organization?

Growing a Lasso-stach-o might be his best shot at getting into the lineup again.

"Who's this guy — someone else we got at the deadline?"

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Penguins are in a freefall.  If we want them in the first round we will need to overtake Carolina

4 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Let's do it, eh?

Not sure if wanna see Crosby so much.

Still the most dangerous player in the planet.

He goes out of the lineup for a day. Then the next night he comes back, he goes 2 goals and an assist.

I wouldn’t take his next 5 years over McDavid or Mackinnon. 

But everything they said about Crosby has been true. 100%. 
You don’t bet against players like him. 
He’s dangerous 

Couple that with Geno and Letang being in contract years… that’s a volatile mix to play against. 

Hypothetically… would it shock anyone to see those 3 light it up in a 1st round series?

The supporting cast isn’t great, but it’s not incompetent either. 

They’re a Death Adder. 
They don’t strike often.

But if they find they’re oats, and you get in their face, look out. 

CRIKEY! 

Dangerous 

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

Not sure if wanna see Crosby so much.

Still the most dangerous player in the planet.

He goes out of the lineup for a day. Then the next night he comes back, he goes 2 goals and an assist.

I wouldn’t take his next 5 years over McDavid or Mackinnon. 

But everything they said about Crosby has been true. 100%. 
You don’t bet against players like him. 
He’s dangerous 

Couple that with Geno and Letang being in contract years… that’s a volatile mix to play against. 

Hypothetically… would it shock anyone to see those 3 light it up in a 1st round series?

The supporting cast isn’t great, but it’s not incompetent either. 

They’re a Death Adder. 
They don’t strike often.

But if they find they’re oats, and you get in their face, look out. 

CRIKEY! 

Dangerous 

Sid, Geno, and Letang alone don't scare me, personally.  We have too much firepower now to worry about only 3 guys making that much of a difference.

2 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Matthews is the most dangerous player on the planet.  If he can play a full season he'll be the first player since the 90's to score break 70 goals.

That guy is on an insane tear,I really want to see him score 70 one season . His shot is so good.

18 hours ago, Long live the King said:

Matthews is the most dangerous player on the planet.  If he can play a full season he'll be the first player since the 90's to score break 70 goals.

That’s not unfair. But keep in mind, Matthews and the Leafs have not actually won a playoff series. 

20 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Penguins are in a freefall.  If we want them in the first round we will need to overtake Carolina

??? #8 will presumably be the Caps or the Penguins which means they would play Florida.  So if the Rangers overtake Carolina for 1st, it looks like the matchup would be either Boston or Tampa.  

Edited by Blue Heaven

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

??? #8 will presumably be the Caps or the Penguins which means they would play Florida.  So if the Rangers overtake Carolina for 1st, it looks like the matchup would be either Boston or Tampa.  

You are correct of course. Boston have been hot lately, I lost track of their points.

We have played well against both but not as well as we have played against the Pens.  Of the four teams I am most uncertain about us playing Washington.

The guys on Breakaway had a decent point in their last pod - there's no such thing as an "easy" path here.

The absolute best-case scenario for the Rangers is...what? Pitt in round 1, Boston in round 2, and then hope and pray the Leafs are there in round 3? The easiest matchup after round 1 is the Finals should we even get there.

57 minutes ago, G1000 said:

The guys on Breakaway had a decent point in their last pod - there's no such thing as an "easy" path here.

The absolute best-case scenario for the Rangers is...what? Pitt in round 1, Boston in round 2, and then hope and pray the Leafs are there in round 3? The easiest matchup after round 1 is the Finals should we even get there.

Colorado will probably walk to the finals and dump all over whatever banged up team makes it out of the absolute bloodbath Eastern Conference.

1 hour ago, rmc51 said:

Colorado will probably walk to the finals and dump all over whatever banged up team makes it out of the absolute bloodbath Eastern Conference.

We've said that for three years now and we've yet to see it, but that does seem to be the most reasonable outcome.

The Flames could fuck around there though.

4 minutes ago, G1000 said:

We've said that for three years now and we've yet to see it, but that does seem to be the most reasonable outcome.

The Flames could fuck around there though.

Here here on that. 
Though IIRC, they’ve lost second round series in 7 games 2x’s and once in 6 over that span, so they haven’t exactly been bad.

Nonetheless, I think they take the next step this year, but there are some obstacles potentially.

St Louis could give them a real hard time getting out of the division, and as said, Calgary too looks like a potential threat. 

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

They're my Cup favorite. Been since like January.

Pretty safe bet I'd say. That team's compete level and resilience is unreal. Going to be extremely difficult for anyone, even Colorado with all their talent, to overcome that in a 7-game series.

4 minutes ago, Karan said:

Pretty safe bet I'd say. That team's compete level and resilience is unreal. Going to be extremely difficult for anyone, even Colorado with all their talent, to overcome that in a 7-game series.

I think they'll stomp Colorado in a seven-game playoff series.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I think they'll stomp Colorado in a seven-game playoff series.

I’m still not overlooking St Louis for Colorado. I know they drubbed them hard last year, but to me, that team is very dangerous.

I think they beat Minnesota in round 1 and play Colorado in round 2.