• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#76) Rangers vs. Detroit Red Wings — Hangover Hockey

• Phil unpinned this topic
11 minutes ago, Valriera said:

That was an outrageous move by lafreniere who I think proved this year he at least has some level of talent. Hopefully next year he comes back in physical shape and he’ll keep growing. 

kakko? I don’t know anymore 

Yeah. I've seen flashes of the skill from Lafreniere here and there. Not quite as high end like what he did today though.

Kakko I haven't seen that kind of stuff.

While the Rangers could keep both, I only see Lafreniere as the one they should keep without question. I still think they are probably better off liquidating Kakko's value. There's more wingers on the way.

55 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Considering he's approaching 20 goals in his second season not necessarily playing with the best players all the time and practically no power play time, I'd say that's not too shabby.

Thanks for keeping perspective and not having your head in your ass. 

Seriously. It’s refreshing 

1 minute ago, RangersIn7 said:

Thanks for keeping perspective and not having your head in your ass. 

Seriously. It’s refreshing 

I try. I also forgot to mention that he's 20 years old. He's also in a much different situation, different circumstances,  than a lot of top picks in this league are. Some teams suck for awhile, this one is a Cup contender. 

14 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I try. I also forgot to mention that he's 20 years old. He's also in a much different situation, different circumstances,  than a lot of top picks in this league are. Some teams suck for awhile, this one is a Cup contender. 

That’s exactly my point

If they were shit, he’s be playing 18 minutes a night.

41 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

IIRC JT Miller was scoring 3G/6PTS as a 20 year old...and is now putting up 30G+/90PTS+ as a 29 year old. Gotta be patient with Laf. The potential is most certainly there.