• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Penguins Round One — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/2022 at 04:00 PM

It will be a joke if he gets suspended. Trouba wasn't even going for the hit; he was going for the puck and Crosby is going to a high traffic area, contact was incidental. There is no story here other than Crosby is made of glass and still plays hard in the hard areas. 

• Bullseye 1

The still shot of shoulder to shoulder IMO makes it almost impossible that Trouba hit him in the head with the elbow. The still shot has troubas arms tucked in, usually after a hit the arms come up, and Crosbys head already snapped back when the still shot is taken. Almost impossible at the same time for Trouba to elbow him, tuck his arms with that the screenshot shows. 

I missed the beginning of the game, does anyone have clips of Trouba on Guentzel? 

The hit on Crosby is nothing - Seravelli’s take is correct. Pens fans on pointy boards are wildin, but if Trouba ebows Guentzel, that’s another story. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

This could be big.

Brodzinski-Rooney-Motte

Chances he gets a green light after one practice?

Brodzinski was dreadful in his one game. Guy had a chance and blew it IMO. Priority is Reaves, but if not I rather have Hunt. The 4th line's job is to hit and make sure the puck doesn't end up in their own net. Hunt is solid enough to do that and provide decent forecheck pressure. 

5 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Brodzinski was dreadful in his one game. Guy had a chance and blew it IMO. Priority is Reaves, but if not I rather have Hunt. The 4th line's job is to hit and make sure the puck doesn't end up in their own net. Hunt is solid enough to do that and provide decent forecheck pressure. 

Motte- Rooney- Reaves. Let's do it!

Also....Nemeth.....dressing him is useless if he will not play, let Hajek or Jones play instead.

• Like 1
  • JIMMY! 1
  • Believe 1

I think Nemeth was there solely in case Lindgren agitated his injury to the point where he couldn't go on. If Lindgren is good to go, play Motte or Hunt.

Or...keep rotating guys with the 4th line. I really liked that last night. It added talent and they had a few good opportunities, especially with Laf. Gets our best players more ice time.

• Bullseye 1

37 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

I think Nemeth was there solely in case Lindgren agitated his injury to the point where he couldn't go on. If Lindgren is good to go, play Motte or Hunt.

Or...keep rotating guys with the 4th line. I really liked that last night. It added talent and they had a few good opportunities, especially with Laf. Gets our best players more ice time.

I don't understand why people keep pointing out how Nemeth dressed and didn't play as if Gallant made a clown move. I think it's pretty clear as you said they were not sure Lindgren was going to hold up - at all for that matter and Gallant wasn't willing to risk having to play with 5 D two of them being Braun and Schneider at this stage of their careers. But the risk that Lindgren could play even at less than 100% was well worth taking. Nemeth was there on the bench for insurance only as horrible as he'e been and all. 

Gallant could and did mix in a forward to play with Rooney and Reaves as necessary which didn't hurt them at all as a team.  Hunt the only really the only likely semi-viable option. Brodz and the other guy who I can't even remember his name at this  point are irrelevant. 

It would be nice to see Motte bury the fodder guys even further down the line should he return. 

6 hours ago, Flynn said:

Whatever do you mean @G1000??  Its clear as day- 

The sixth and fatal shot—frame 313—takes Crosby in the head from the front. This is the key shot. Crosby going back to his left. Shot from the front and right. Totally inconsistent with the shot from the depository. Again... back and to the left… back and to the left… back and to the left… back and to the left.

Magic bullets and what not.