• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Penguins Round One — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/2022 at 04:00 PM

17 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'd put him in...I bet he gets on the scoresheet too!!!

Definitely. Motte went on that deep playoff run with the Canucks in 2020 and should know what it takes in an elimination game. 

• Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, Flynn said:

Do you putt Motte back in tonight? 

I roll with 7 D again,  but I don't use Nemeth as that 7th D, AND I actually rotate that 7th D in and out to keep him mentally in the game and to not run Lindgren into the ground. 

Jones or Hajek.  Pick your poison. I'm fine with either. Just no more Nemeth. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I roll with 7 D again,  but I don't use Nemeth as that 7th D, AND I actually rotate that 7th D in and out to keep him mentally in the game and to not run Lindgren into the ground. 

Jones or Hajek.  Pick your poison. I'm fine with either. Just no more Nemeth. 

Agree. And 11 forwards is fine. We have two 3rd line wingers who are young enough and capable of way more minutes to make up for no 12th. In fact Lafreniere was able to get the extra shifts and he most certainly deserved them.

• Like 1

First, great win.

Second, I still don’t think the Rangers are playing anywhere near as well as they can. A lot of credit to the Pens as they are forcing some of the Rangers’ bad play. They are playing extremely good hockey. Ultimately they are playing better hockey than the Rangers in my view.

Third, just keep extending the playoff life even if the wins don’t look good. Try to buy time to find the groove again that got them 52 wins in the regular season, because that’s what they will need in the next round if they pull off the win in G7 or it will be a quick 2nd round. The more time you buy, the more time things might start to feel a bit more comfortable for these guys. They aren’t used to it.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

This has really been the best possible outcome this year. Game 7 for the kids to learn at home. If we win? It’s just house money. 

hopefully we will shake off some of the softness, played a bit better tonight but not that much better 

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Do the Penguins go with a cold Jarry if he's ready to go? That last goal Domingue gave up might expedite his return.

I think it will, and the Pens will be charged up due to his "courageous" return.  Hopefully, his rustiness offsets that.  They will stay mum about the starter and try to make a Willis Reed last minute entrance for Jarry.  

Of course, much as the Pens fans may grumble about a third goalie letting in a softie, it was, after all, their first goalie who let in the series turning softie last year.

16 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Last time Cindy had a concussion I think he missed a large part of the season.

Would shock me to see him Sunday.

No concrete data that Crosby has a concussion, all speculation. Have no idea what the NHL does here; but there doesn''t appear to be any indication Crosby is in the league's concussion protocol. NHL has repeatedly bent over backward for Crosby, not calling penalties nor suspending him for on ice infractions that it wouldn't tolerate from any other player. What happens here if Crosby , not in the league protocol, decides to try and play? 

Edited by Bugg

Can anybody remember a goalie that uses his glove like Domingue? It's very peculiar. Not many turn it over and use it on the backhand. It finally burned him, at the best possible moment.

Despite that, I think the Ranger forwards report *was* to go high, but as we've progressed it looks like they've spotted something low. He doesn't get in to the butterfly like a typical NHL goalie. He becomes very narrow when under duress. 

My guess is Jarry plays Sunday, and there's no guessing how that goes. Very shitty spot for Sullivan  between the 3rd sting goalie, playing scrubs like Friedman, and losing Crosby. We have all the advantages and just need to press them and close this out. 

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1