• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #1: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — to War!

Phil

Just now, Keirik said:

I agree. But in the end, we were screwed out of the lead with 3 minutes left despite playing two horrible periods. That just shouldn’t happen. I like instant replay. But how anyone can watch that in slow motion and take tha5 goal away is mind boggling to me. Kakko literally is trying to do Kreiders move and gets shoved from directly behind into DeSmoth. 

wtf is he supposed to do? Defy physics? 

You're preaching to the congregation, homie. But it never should have gotten to that point. Rangers let the Penguins storm back by playing absolutely awful in the second.

• Cheers 1

Just now, siddious said:

Funny I was just thinking the same thing. I love and hate it in hockey but I hate it when it’s the rangers. 

28 OTs apparently in Lundqvist's career. I think each of those reduced my life span by a month. 

• Believe 1

2 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Kakko needs to learn to pass or shoot the puck, he does the "stickhandle into the goalie" move just as much as Gauthier does his stupid move. He does it all the time

He did give a juicy pass to Chytil twice in this game, once in the first when Chytil broke his stick, and on the GWG....that was called back/

Just now, Costa said:

Rangers do this all the time. You got the other team on the ropes and lets them off the hook. No killer instinct.

It's weird how consistent that is with different players, coaches, managers throughout the years...

1 minute ago, ausman said:

Well I stand corrected.  Both Chelios and Messier on ESPN said it was the right call.  That clinches it for me

Chelios obviously hates the Rangers b/c he said Lindgren should have gotten a 5 and game for his clean hit.....and Messier probably doesn't want to sound like a homer or he hates the Rangers b/c he didn't get the head coaching job and they told him to fuck off

Edited by Blue Heaven

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

He did give a juicy pass to Chytil twice in this game, once in the first when Chytil broke his stick, and on the GWG....that was called back/

I was thinking more about breakaways and 2-on-1's, he does it so often.

But he's been good today, together with Chyts and Laf. I'm not trying to shit on him or anything.