• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #1: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — to War!

Phil

1 minute ago, Capt said:

Chytil is one of the few that played hard the entire game.  His line was the most effective line all night long.

He was tying up Malkin, but then left him. Not sure why. But the real question is where were the defensemen there? Nemeth and Schneider. That's their job. Braun should be in for one of them next game, at the very least.

Just now, rmc51 said:

He was tying up Malkin, but then left him. Not sure why. But the real question is where were the defensemen there? Nemeth and Schneider. That's their job. Braun should be in for one of them next game, at the very least.

I think Schneider can be good in the playoffs in a physical sense, but he's going to make a lot of mistakes, and he did. He'll probably be the one sitting most likely.

1 minute ago, G1000 said:

We were the far better team in five of the six periods. I'm not worried yet. Just a shit outcome.

I thought we were better for the 1st, 1OT, first half of 2OT. The Pens the 2nd, 3rd, back half of 2OT. It was pretty even. Normal swings in momentum for a playoff game.

This will not be an easy series...at all. In fact, it's now an uphill climb after that dagger of a game.

I hate losing to the Pens,we are better and that's what is real annoying, but they need to stop fuvking around.

Congrats assholes now you gave this Pens team life and confidence 

Edited by -ERIK-

Fuck that one doesn't feel good. I'm questioning the conditioning of this team now, particularly the big stars to show up when it counts. 
Still concerned about Shesty's durability as well. Pushing him to a 3OT game on the 1st night of the playoffs was definitely not part of the plan.

Problem now is that Game 2 already becomes a must-win, because I don't see the Rangers winning 4 out of 5 against PIT, including 2 on the road. 

I think we lost because when the third goalie came in, we started shooting from any angle just to get the puck on the net.  As if he was going to allow a mega softie.  It only served to get him into the game.  It was the exact same thing that happened when we faced the Pen's third goalie in the first game in 2016.  We spent the first period there shooting anything we could at him.  The easy saves got him into the game and gave him confidence.  (It wasn't until Game 2 that we started playing to exploit his known weakness, which was lateral movement).

• Bullseye 1

I wasn't nervous about that game until the goalie change lol. Somehow it just felt like the hockey gods wanted to write a new storyline that starred a 3rd string goalie. 

Rangers were fine. Miller is a star. Kid line was great. 

Obviously the 2nd period sucked and that changed everything, but when you've only have 3 guys with real playoff experience you have to assume some bumps. Game 2 is huge now.