• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #1: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — to War!

Phil

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah, I don't he's choking or anything like that. He just doesn't look right and he's annoyed with it. You can tell.

A bad time to be hurt, unfortunately. It really showed. I’m surprised it wasn’t being discussed more (I was watching on ESPN)

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Yeah. Price was insane that year. He gets injured, and you'd never know it wasn't him in goal. lol

and that's what worries me

Shesterkin makes almost 80 saves, yet loses while we make their 2 journeymen goalies look equal.

Need an onslaught next game 

• Keeps it 100 1

It mystifying why so few gave the Pens a chance.  Being "better" on paper or having the "better" goalie doesn't mean shit if you don't know how to translate that to winning the actual game or series.  The Pens know how to win, period.  With a fourth string and third string goalie in net, goalie was not an advantage for the Rangers.  It won't be unless the Rangers can sustain pressure on that goalie.  The Rangers top players were awful and the Pens top players played as such.  To try and place blame on the Schneiders, Chytils, Reeves, or other role players is pointless.  Igor was good so no blame there.  It's the top 6, they were fed their lunch by the Pens top 6 all night long.

Edited by Capt
  • VINNY! 1

Just now, -ERIK- said:

this really sucks losing this,I hate waiting till next game

They better come out fired the FUCK UP,DON'T care how tired they are.

They came out fired up for this game and then let up. They need to maintain. The Rangers are right there with Pittsburgh, but the Penguins have Crosby and Malkin and just that winning pedigree. You can't give them time to breathe when you get a lead like that. They were all over them.

Just now, Capt said:

It mystifying why so few didn't give the Pens a chance.  Being "better" on paper or having the "better" goalie doesn't mean shit if you don't know how to translate that to winning the actual game or series.  The Pens know how to win, period.  With a fourth string and third string goalie in net, goalie was not an advantage for the Rangers.  It won't be unless the Rangers can sustain pressure on that goalie.  The Rangers top players were awful and the Pens top players played as such.  To try and place blame on the Schneiders, Chytils, Reeves, or other role players is pointless.  Igor was good so no blame there.  It's the top 6, they were fed their lunch by the Pens top 6 all night long.

Panarin wasn't good,Mika was fine, but that won't be enough come playoff time. 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

They came out fired up for this game and then let up. They need to maintain. The Rangers are right there with Pittsburgh, but the Penguins have Crosby and Malkin and just that winning pedigree. You can't give them time to breathe when you get a lead like that. They were all over them.

They should be pissed and mad.

Im pissed they gave this shit Pens team life .

Pittsburgh has some age but some of those guys aren't that old and Crosby, Malkin and Letang are wonders. It's a fair concern, though. But, their lack of generating offense from the second goal on was pathetic. How many grade A chances did they really have all that time?

2 minutes ago, Capt said:

It mystifying why so few gave the Pens a chance.  Being "better" on paper or having the "better" goalie doesn't mean shit if you don't know how to translate that to winning the actual game or series.  The Pens know how to win, period.  With a fourth string and third string goalie in net, goalie was not an advantage for the Rangers.  It won't be unless the Rangers can sustain pressure on that goalie.  The Rangers top players were awful and the Pens top players played as such.  To try and place blame on the Schneiders, Chytils, Reeves, or other role players is pointless.  Igor was good so no blame there.  It's the top 6, they were fed their lunch by the Pens top 6 all night long.

The Rangers top 6 and top defenseman accounted for all 3 goals tonight. The Pens top 6 accounted for one extra one...the last one. It was close. The Pens also got 4 PPs. There was over 100 minutes of hockey played and the Rangers got one PP. Let's think about that for a minute. I think the game wouldn't have even gone OT if the Rangers got the calls the Pens did. I'm not excusing the Rangers' play after the 1st period, but it still needs to be said.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 1