• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #1: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — to War!

Phil

1 hour ago, Pete said:

We knew this team would need to learn how to win, and they got lesson #1 in Game 1.

On the bright side, Pittsburgh barely beat a team that has a goalie, 90pt forward, Norris winner on D who all have more to give... All the while getting no breaks at all from the refs to Lindgren injury etc. 

The third line was fantastic and if they keep their play up, they'll be difference makers. Even Kakko was oozing confidence on the disallowed goal. 

It's fine

I agree. Could  you ask for a better game 1 for any team that needs to learn to win? They came out swinging, got punched in the gut, got kicked in the nuts, ended up having to play multiple extra periods, and lost by 1 in a game where we can honestly say they played nowhere near their best.

They hit the gamut of playoff stress short of "clinching games" or "elimination games" in five hours.

• Like 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
5 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Panarin should thank God they dress Nemeth so he wasn't the worst player on the team last night.

Nemeth had multiple mental mistakes during OT. Braun gets the tap for next game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Nemeth had multiple mental mistakes during OT. Braun gets the tap for next game.

Nemeth should never have been playing in the first place.

Also GG had the 3rd line out against Corsby too often for having the last change. He needs to sharpen his game, too.

Edited by Pete
  • Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nemeth should never have been playing in the first place.

Also GG had the 3rd line out against Corsby too often for having the last change. He needs to sharpen his game, too.

That and the 4th line O zone starts... Baffling decision making. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

Welcome to the Special Playoff Edition of the Ozzy Quote of the GDT!!

What a way to start of the playoffs!!!  An absolute classic Triple OT nail-biter!!!  What a game!!  Yeah we got fucked on the no-goal, but what a good game by the "Kid Line".  Lessons will be learned...no worries, fellas!

.......And here are the Top 21 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by No Doz: For those of you who stayed up 'til the sun came up, this one's for you!

15 hours ago, Keirik said:

Hanks suit lol 

channeling his inner Duguay 

14 hours ago, Flynn said:

Great shift. Too bad Chytil finishes like me at 16 

14 hours ago, G1000 said:

The way Reaves is going, the Pens might leave this game with the WIlkes-Barre defense.

14 hours ago, Phil said:

Reaves might literally kill someone tonight, and I will be entirely OK with it. We'll GoFundMe his defense.

14 hours ago, Pete said:

Shocking Guentzel missed no shifts after blowing out his ACL MCL and CDL

13 hours ago, Pete said:

Strome's bone is the straw that stirs the drink. 

13 hours ago, Karan said:

It really doesn't take much to get Guentzel to go down does it. He must have a lot of practice with it at Crosby's place. 

12 hours ago, G1000 said:

University of Pittsburgh Institute for the Visually Impaired.

11 hours ago, siddious said:

What is it about Malkin that makes me want to restart the Cold War? 

11 hours ago, CBrowningPI said:

Malkin is so dumb, he thinks Ukraine is a crane rental service.

11 hours ago, Pete said:

If we lose on a shot by someone named "Booger" I'll leave @The Dude alone forever.

11 hours ago, Pete said:

Strome has the smallest cock I've ever seen

11 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

My god Ozzy is going to have a field day if he continues the Quote of the GDT. 

11 hours ago, G1000 said:

Massive fuckin shout out to @Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc and @H-Dreamer for being awake and engaged in this one. It's super early for them and their dedication is amazing.

10 hours ago, Phil said:

DeSmith shit his pants?

10 hours ago, siddious said:

You think you got it bad… @Ozzyhas to go through 32+ pages of posts to find the post of the thread tomorrow

10 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

3OT. Nice. That's what we all wanted. More hockey.

Oh look, the sun!

10 hours ago, Winter said:

im starting to cramp up myself i better got walk to the beer fridge 

9 hours ago, Flynn said:

Hats off to Ryan Lindgren for setting an NHL record for getting hurt 13 times in one game. He took more trips to the room than I did when I had colitis. 

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

Mostly, but not all bad. Miller was absolutely fantastic. So good even, I can't even make a comment about his eyebrows.

Good Lord, it took about 2 hours to get through all of the zingers today!!  ….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Flynn.  Way to go man!

On a quick side note, I wanna give a shout out to @Pete's post here:  I think this says it all.  Believe, Boys!!!  We all saw that first period....we have it in us! 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

We knew this team would need to learn how to win, and they got lesson #1 in Game 1.

On the bright side, Pittsburgh barely beat a team that has a goalie, 90pt forward, Norris winner on D who all have more to give... All the while getting no breaks at all from the refs to Lindgren injury etc. 

The third line was fantastic and if they keep their play up, they'll be difference makers. Even Kakko was oozing confidence on the disallowed goal. 

It's fine. 

Edited by Ozzy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Applause 2
  • Believe 2

Im only going to assume since i'm not a doctor, but I think Lindgren broke something, in the Washington game he got hit with the puck towards the end of the game and couldnt skate, then yesterday he took a few more blocked shots and a hit.  At this point can't expect him to be Ryan Lindgren during the year or past seasons, he's going to be hobbling the rest of the way.

As far as a conspiracy theory about the Pens, do I really believe it.....No.  Did the Rangers lose the game b/c of the refs, yes/no, yes b/c they blew the goal review, Rangers lost as a team.  Also, with the 4-1 PP advantage including a 5 on 3, most hockey fans would think their would be some sort of soft call made against the team that has the distinct PP advantage throughout the game....That is the main issue, can't tell me the Pens didnt hook, interfere in over 100 minutes of hockey, a dirty slash by Crosby behind Laf's knee goes uncalled, the 2 rabbit punches by Guentzel to the back of Miller's head right in front of the ref......not called.  

Time to turn the page, rest up today and play a full 60 like they did in the first 20 yesterday.  

• Like 1

I'm not even saying they should eat up the D-zone starts and be a stalwart D line. But they totally sucked up the O-zone starts. Plus you gotta shelter the 3rd line too... and then you're quickly running out of O-zone starts to spread around to your best players.

Then you had the 4th line out against the Crosby line WAY too much. They got tuned. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

It's fine

All very true.  What hurts is how close we came to winning...and all this still being very true. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

Lindgren should not be your team top defense defenseman

I'm not sure anyone is arguing he is.. but his absence fucks up the ecosystem.. And most importantly makes Nemeth more than a guy who keeps the bench from floating away. 

5 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

They don't have a better option right now unless you think Miller is ready to be, and you're willing to break up Miller-Trouba to accomplish it.

6 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

Is he really?  I would think that would be Trouba/Miller as the top defensemen.  

Lindgren just complements Fox, but as far as shutdown that's Trouba/Miller.  

And this is the precise reason why I think its time for the Rangers think about moving on from Lindgren b/c of the wear and tear on his body after this season, free up $3 million in cap space that will be needed to give to K'Andre.  

Edited by Blue Heaven
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

They don't have a better option right now unless you think Miller is ready to be, and you're willing to break up Miller-Trouba to accomplish it.

I agree ,but I was quoting on another 

Poster ,,but somehow messed that up