• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #2: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — Game 2.76̅

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo
EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER FINALS
GAME #2 — 5/5/22

NYR Logo Reflection  vs. Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 7:00 PM
TV: ESPN, CBC, SN, TVAS, MSG, ATTSN-PT
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_Brooksie@StapeAthletic@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: nhl.com/rangersnhl.com/penguins

GameCenter - here

Series Preview - here

SERIES SCHEDULE:

FRn_lAPXsAEmdBz?format=jpg&name=medium

NYR Logo

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Andrew Copp, Adam Fox, Chris Kreider (1)

Mika Zibanejad (2)

Chris Kreider, Adam Fox, Mika Zibanejad (2)

K'Andre Miller, Jacob Trouba (+1)

Patrik Nemeth (4)

Adam Fox, K'Andre Miller (44:28)

Andrew Copp (34:19)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider A 🐎  / Mika Zibanejad A 🎧 / Frank Vatrano 🤌

Artemi Panarin 🍞 / Ryan Strome A 🧈 /  Andrew Copp 👮‍♂️
Alexis Lafrenière 🍩 / Filip Chytil 📈 / Kaapo Kakko 🇫🇮

Ryan Reaves 👊 / Barclay Goodrow 💰/ Kevin Rooney 🦞

Ryan Lindgren 🩸🩹 / Adam Fox 🦊

K'Andre Miller 🔑 / Jacob Trouba A 🚂
Patrik Nemeth 💩 / Braden Schneider 📈

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Igor Shesterkin

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

0-1

Healthy Scratches:

Dryden Hunt 💩 , Greg McKegg 🦷, Jonny Brodzinski 🥔, Julien Gauthier 🍁💩, Justin Braun 🧓, Libor Hajek 🤡

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Sammy Blais 🩹[IR] — Knee surgery; Out for season

Tyler Motte 💥[IR] — Upper-body injury; Unlikely to return this season

Zac Jones — ♠️
Tim Gettinger — ♠️
Lauri Pajuniemi — ♠️
Nils Lundkvist — ♠️
Jarred Tinordi — ♠️
Matthew Robertson — ♠️

Opponent Logo

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Jake Guentzel (2)

Sidney Crosby, Bryan Rust (2)

Bryan Rust (3)

Jake Guentzel, Kasperi Kapanen, Brock McGinn, Bryan Rust, John Marino, Matt Matheson, Marcus Pettersson (+1)

Teddy Blueger (2)

Kristopher Letang (46:41)

Jake Guentzel (36:23)

Starting Lineup:^

Jake Guentzel / Sidney Crosby C / Bryan Rust
Danton Heinen / Evgeni Malkin A / Rickard Rakell
Brock McGinn / Jeff Carter / Kasperi Kapanen
Brian Boyle / Teddy Blueger / Evan Rodrigues

Brian Dumoulin / Kris Letang A
Michael Matheson / Chad Ruhwedel
Marcus Pettersson / John Marino

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Louis Domingue

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

1-0-0

Healthy Scratches:

Daniel Sprong, Matt Irwin

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Casey DeSmith [DTD] — Had to take a dump
Rickard Rakell [DTD] — Still trying to figure out what time zone he's in
Tristan Jarry [IR] — Broken bone in foot; Will miss first two games of the series, minimum
Jason Zucker [IR] — Lower-body injury; Expected to be out until at least May 9
Nathan Beaulieu [IR] — Lower-body injury; Expected to be out until at least May 3

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

— Gerard Gallant's mantra to the team after a disappointing 3OT loss to PIT in Game 1

GIF to BELIEVE :

Excited Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

• Believe 2

If we can’t beat the shit out of a 3rd stringer in our building following a 3OT loss (especially one that sucks as bad as Domingue does) then this team is not who we thought they were…

…that being said, I think we torch this hack tonight and knot this series up. Let’s go!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 5

For reference, my mother is driving from Pittsburgh in a few hours where she lives to Long Island to stay the week. If she brings bad mojo Thursday night I might send her packing. Fuck Mother’s Day, there’s a series to win. 

• LMFAO 8
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 3

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

If we can’t beat the shit out of a 3rd stringer in our building following a 3OT loss (especially one that sucks as bad as Domingue does) then this team is not who we thought they were…

…that being said, I think we torch this hack tonight and knot this series up. Let’s go!!!!!!

It's as simple as this. They either show tonight that they belong or they show that they still have a long way to go.

Panarin shows up tonight. 2 goals and 2 assists. 5-2 Rangers.

• Applause 1
  • Believe 1

If they have continue to fail to generate anything and struggle against Domingue, they have bigger problems than the referees. Must-win game tonight, though. I don't think this team could beat a grizzled team like Pittsburgh four out of five. I don't care about the regular season.

• Believe 2

We better see more than 4 goals from the Rangers tonight with Louis Domingue in net.  Gotta think the Pens will focus on better defensive play in front of Domingue which would hopefully limit their breakouts.  When Crosby's line is on the ice, try and suffocate him.  

• Believe 1

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

No matter the lineup, if they can’t beat Domingue they might as well just go home

Domingue stepped in and played a tired team, they're gonna look a lot different to him tonight with fresh legs. The fairy tale ends for him, Rangers win 6-2.

• Cheers 1
  • JIMMY! 1
  • Believe 2

26 minutes ago, G1000 said:

This is a game where the youth of the Rangers should absolutely offset the veterancy of the Penguins. Let's bloody up the tuxedobirds.

First off, I believe the Rangers will win this game or I wouldn’t watch the game lol

However…how-ever…I fully expect a veteran Penguins team to muck this game up. Make it ugly. Collapse around Domingue. Don’t let anything through. Stay out of the box, which is easy for the Crosby Pens. Keep the game tight going into the 3rd for a chance to steal. Look and wait for a mistake by a young Rangers team.

I sense a 1-0, 2-1 kind of game. Not a scoring onslaught. And that will be a credit to the game the veteran Pens play with Domingue in net.

Edited by rmc51

12 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

First off, I believe the Rangers will win this game or I wouldn’t watch the game lol

However…how-ever…I fully expect a veteran Penguins team to muck this game up. Make it ugly. Collapse around Domingue. Don’t let anything through. Stay out of the box, which is easy for the Crosby Pens. Keep the game tight going into the 3rd for a chance to steal. Look and wait for a mistake by a young Rangers team.

I sense a 1-0, 2-1 kind of game. Not a scoring onslaught. And that will be a credit to the game the veteran Pens play with Domingue in net.

It's possible. I think a triple OT game played as tightly as the Penguins played it for as long as they did should have worn them down far more than it wore down our team and that should play into our hands tonight.

I hope they all watched the games last night and saw the teams that lost game 1 punching their opposition right in the mouth.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 2

fair enough.. I have a treasure trove of applicable gifs to lean on for this endeavor... I just wanted to be prepared in the event we do get weird, I want some really disturbing shit handy. 

• LMFAO 1
  • The Chyt! 1

Pens have scouted Panarin and Strome having their prettiest pass competition. Want to try to set up the perfect shot; good, they will let you, and collapse on you before you get the chance. They'll let you do it, and shut down those cross idiotic  ice passes. SHOOT THE GODDAMN PUCK WHEN YOU HAVE AN OPEN SHOT. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flynn said:

fair enough.. I have a treasure trove of applicable gifs to lean on for this endeavor... I just wanted to be prepared in the event we do get weird, I want some really disturbing shit handy. 

There will be plenty of time to get weird.

It Will Be Okay Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+