• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #2: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — Game 2.76̅

1 minute ago, -ERIK- said:

Pens definitely could have had a couple penalties after the weak shit they called on Nemeth.

That's a good point, Rangers are probably owed one between the two weak calls against.

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is getting to be pathetic. Not much of a surprise. Been this way with this team since 2005-2006.

My expectations were not high to begin with this year, another year for the kid line would probably make a difference, funny that we had the other lines performing while the kids struggled, but it's the other way around. Good thing is we've seen Laf develop more, Miller finding his game, even Kakko and Chytil have shown good things in this series.

5 minutes ago, Karan said:

The refs definitely must've gotten some sort of memo before this series...

The conversation/ lecture Vatrano got by the official,  that lasted from the Pens crease to the Rangers bench makes me wonder/realize just what's going on. 

2 minutes ago, Dunny said:

That's a good point, Rangers are probably owed one between the two weak calls against.

I didn't see the Mika cross check but definitely looked like Crosby got away with a hook on Fox.

Just now, The Dude said:

The conversation/ lecture Vatrano got by the official,  that lasted from the Pens crease to the Rangers bench makes me wonder/realize just what's going on. 

Towards the end of that period I felt like it was making the Rangers even more tentative as if they're in the mindset of getting called by the refs on just about anything. Not a good head space to be in. 

4 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Cry conspiracy all you'd like, but the Penguins have played pretty disciplined. They clearly understand that eliminating power plays turns the Rangers in to Columbus.

I can’t tell if I disagree with your first sentence more than I agree with your second. I’m conflicted.

This one is the definition of weak, the over the glass one cut and dry. But ffs, we could actually play better than the crap they've shown so far tonight in such an important game. Wake the hell up.

Not for nothing it was also just a stupid play by Nemeth knowing the way the game one was called. Maybe actually hit somebody, if this was in retaliation for Petterson taking a run and missing somebody right before this.