• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #2: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — Game 2.76̅

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Jarry is coming off a fractured foot. He’s been in a boot for a few weeks. I doubt we have to worry about him for a few games at the least.

And you know what? If they pit him in without playing and practicing? So be it. He's almost a better option for us 

• Keeps it 100 1

7 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Jarry is coming off a fractured foot. He’s been in a boot for a few weeks. I doubt we have to worry about him for a few games at the least.

Agreed. I think Jarry would be fantastic for Rangers at this point.

DeSmith is the worst case scenario. 

8 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Bread had a good offensive game, obviously, but did anyone notice that his backchecking was suspect?

Absolutely. Obviously it's ridiculous to complain too much, but up until the last 15 minutes or so I caught myself thinking that Bread really isn't a playoff player. Not in terms of production of course, but in terms of being a bit lackadaisical, trying too many cute plays that don't come off, being prone to pretty egregious turnovers in dangerous situations and at times unacceptable levels of back checking. That stuff is fine on a Tuesday night visit to San Jose in November, but it could cost you in tight playoff games. Obviously the good massively outweigh the bad, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Edited by Gravesy
  • VINNY! 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

You know what? I'll take 3 points and some questionable defensive plays from Panarin over 0 goals and the alleged "elite defensive play" from Dick Rash.

"But he's so good defensively!"

1. Panarin needed that.

2. Miller continues to be amazing.

3. Losing Goodrow is not ideal.

4. Shesterkin was awesome again, but he needs to cut it out with that other shit.

5. Both teams are shooting a lot in this series so far.

6. Vatrano makes things happen simply by putting the puck towards the net. Who would have thought?

• Like 1

Our first 2022 playoff victory is in the books, gang!!!  A tip of the hat to a few of the unsung players last night:  K'Andre is becoming a force and a great step up by Braun to play a fairly solid game.....

...And here are the Top Lucky 13 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by TNT, the network with every retired NHL jackoff.

13 hours ago, josh said:

I would take bad refs over listening to Eddie O

13 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m assuming outside of attempted murder we likely won’t be given a PP tonight.

13 hours ago, Karan said:

Hope they still remember what to do on the PP, it's been 84 years after all...

12 hours ago, phillyb said:

FUCK YOUR SPICY PORK YOU FAT FUCK

12 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Braun playing like the veteran we hoped we would get at the deadline. Much better than Nemeth

12 hours ago, G1000 said:

Rangers perspective : We scored a goal!

Penguins perspective: Why didn't the refs call an "illegal puck in the net" penalty? 

12 hours ago, Flynn said:

I’d bet my 401k I could win a draw against Strome, wearing  roller skates and having pounded 9 double IPAs 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Vatrano doing some sexy heavy breathing for giannone 

11 hours ago, Flynn said:

In before @Keirik says next goal wins. 

Like banging a 2… it still counts as sex the next day. 
Fuck yeah  Bread!!!!!  

11 hours ago, Phil said:

Someone might hit him so hard it'll fix his lazy eye.

Koharaski is a fat fuck. Shut your donut hole lardass. 

@ozzy with a much more enjoyable task of combing  through the comments!

I gotta say, I'm very thankful I get Sam Rosen and Joe Mich for this round, and not subject to those fucking jerk-offs on TNT!

Reaves hit on Malkin made me pee a little, and just his presence alone in those last 5 minutes is one good reason I like that watchdog in the front yard. 

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Flynn, who was on fire last night!!  That softy was the goal that put the vice grips on the Penguin's balls. 

Now let's go take 2 on the road!

• Believe 1

20 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m seeing a lot of comments of Eddie O being terrible to listen to last night. What was he saying?

There were a bunch of bizarre comments but the one that stuck with me is where he was absolutely adamant that the contact was solely Shesterkin's fault for "initiating contact" with Carter.

• Like 1

I read a lot of comments last night and listened to the TNT feed. I watched the play in real time, slow motion, etc. I don't understand what Shesterkin is supposed to do there. He is indeed just going back to his net and it seems like the entire onus is on Carter to avoid him. The puck isn't there either, so even if you want to debate that goalies are fair game for body checks, he's still ineligible to get hit. 

I just don't get it, but all of the comments wondering this are viewed as "homer" and I should stop feeling bad for the flopper lol

9 minutes ago, Karan said:

There were a bunch of bizarre comments but the one that stuck with me is where he was absolutely adamant that the contact was solely Shesterkin's fault for "initiating contact" with Carter.

Yikes.

I mean, my personal opinion on the hit is this: we have been dealing with Jeff Carter for a long time. The last thing I’ve ever thought of him was that he was a dirty player. The game is fast. It almost looked like Shesterkin and Fox got a little crossed up playing the puck, and Carter, not giving up even though the game was over, cut around the net to pursue and just clipped Igor.

I wasn’t mad about it then (I was mad he was hurt but not the incident) and I’m not mad about it now. I’ve heard and read some fans saying we should go after Carter. I mean, I get it. Protect your star. But, thankfully, the situation was a big nada; Igor is okay, which is all that matters.

But saying he initiated contact, from

what I remember, is just not correct. Some douchebag Penguin beat writer named Dejan Kovacevic, who really knows nothing about hockey and is just a blowhard shock jock, was ripping Shesterkin on Twitter, saying he flopped. Does anyone want to alert him to the fact that he covers the Pittsburgh Penguins, a team who’s success is overshadowed only by the fact that eras of star players there have been criminal floppers? Joke of a fanbase.

6 minutes ago, -ERIK- said:

Carter definitely didn't try to avoid him but I don't think he tried to injure him.

I watched it a couple of times now, and I think you're right, man.  First off, Carter was never THAT type of player, as far as I've ever seen.  I think Shesty took a little bump there, but it wasn't a "wipe out the goalie" type hit. 

I admit my asshole was in a knot until I saw him get up, but after checking it a few times it didn't look awful.  It could've and most likely should've been avoided by Carter, but this is a 7 game series.  That means plenty of time to pick our spots for retribution.

I'm more pumped that our 4th line is really grinding away at their asses.  Their effectiveness in this series so far is paying off nicely.  As far as I'm concerned we should be up 2-0 barring that disallowed goal...which should have counted, by the way....but whatever.  Just keep wearing these fuckers out, and I think we can take these guys down!

I don’t know of Carter had intentions there, maybe he wanted to put some heat on to mix things up for the rest of series, but there’s not a chance Shesterkin was initiating contact on purpose. That makes no sense and it happened too fast. Eddie O can stick a fork in a toaster.

As he was laying on the ice and my wife was saying “oh no!”, I said it’s cool, relax, Igor has done this before where he can be a bit of a drama queen like so many goalies are where he’s not really hurt. Sometimes I think goalies simply just get a kick out of making everyone collectively hold their breath 😆

• LMFAO 1

8 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I dunno, looked like Shesterkin could have got out of the way pretty easy, but he rotated in to it, and then acted like a Honduran soccer player.

The dramatic little flop he does from his stomach to his back is hilarious in retrospect

16 minutes ago, Dunny said:

I dunno, looked like Shesterkin could have got out of the way pretty easy, but he rotated in to it, and then acted like a Honduran soccer player.

It's actually spelled: SIDNEY CROSBY, Dunny!   LOL

17 minutes ago, -ERIK- said:

I guess we will lose Vatrano next season but what a pick up he's been.

Not necessarily. I think they can keep him with 1 of Copp or Strome, but it basically requires Nemeth and Chytil to be moved and replaced with ELC.

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yikes.

I mean, my personal opinion on the hit is this: we have been dealing with Jeff Carter for a long time. The last thing I’ve ever thought of him was that he was a dirty player. The game is fast. It almost looked like Shesterkin and Fox got a little crossed up playing the puck, and Carter, not giving up even though the game was over, cut around the net to pursue and just clipped Igor.

I wasn’t mad about it then (I was mad he was hurt but not the incident) and I’m not mad about it now. I’ve heard and read some fans saying we should go after Carter. I mean, I get it. Protect your star. But, thankfully, the situation was a big nada; Igor is okay, which is all that matters.

But saying he initiated contact, from

what I remember, is just not correct. Some douchebag Penguin beat writer named Dejan Kovacevic, who really knows nothing about hockey and is just a blowhard shock jock, was ripping Shesterkin on Twitter, saying he flopped. Does anyone want to alert him to the fact that he covers the Pittsburgh Penguins, a team who’s success is overshadowed only by the fact that eras of star players there have been criminal floppers? Joke of a fanbase.

My problem is Carter had time to make a decision on where he could go. He decided to go through Shestyorkin. May have even stuck his knee out a bit to make sure he got him. 

I never thought of Carter as a dirty player. Always respected him. Not anymore. On top of being a Penguin, he just ran through our goalie. Fuck him. Can't let them have that one. Gotta respond to it.