• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #2: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — Game 2.76̅

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Pens have scouted Panarin and Strome having their prettiest pass competition. Want to try to set up the perfect shot; good, they will let you, and collapse on you before you get the chance. They'll let you do it, and shut down those cross idiotic  ice passes. SHOOT THE GODDAMN PUCK WHEN YOU HAVE AN OPEN SHOT. 

"Shootin' Pucks...Not giving fucks!!!"  Yessir....get it to the net... Shoot hard & often!

Okay, I just wanna say something about Louis Domingue...

It also turns out he learned how to handle tarantulas as a child, had his roller skates unofficially retired in Quebec, became an expert cook, foreshadowed his star turn at Madison Square Garden by 15 years, and has a documentarian father who chronicles life in Ethiopia and is working on a film about the Democratic Republic of Congo.... - Pittsburgh Post Gazette

What can't Louis do? He can't stop pucks, for one thing. This guy fucking stinks. STINKS. He was cut by the Devils AND Arizona. That's how fucking bad he is. You know why everyone is all over his dick after last game? Because they didn't expect him to save anything. Even one save was a miracle. And now he's everyone's charity case. He is fucking horrendous and it needs to be said before we hear the national media suck him off for the next 6 hours. THIS GUY BLOWS AT HOCKEY.

That loser better get his baking sheets ready because the countdown to the end of his hockey career starts at 7pm.

• Thanks 2
  • The Chyt! 1

My responses 

1. Number of points for Panarin - 2

2. Number of saves for Shesterkin - 33

3. Number of power play goals for Rangers - 1

4. Number of goals for Kakko/Chytil/Lafreniere - 0

5. Number of points for Rangers defensemen - 2

6. Number of fighting majors for Rangers - 1

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

I'll defer to the guys wearing letters on this question... Is it time to break out the "leg's get weird GIF's"? or is it still too soon? 

1 hour ago, Morphinity said:

No, we are BELIEVING.

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

fair enough.. I have a treasure trove of applicable gifs to lean on for this endeavor... I just wanted to be prepared in the event we do get weird, I want some really disturbing shit handy. 

1 hour ago, Morphinity said:

There will be plenty of time to get weird.

kung-fu-panda.gif

• Believe 1

Just now, fletch said:

Prop predictions for tonight, I'll rep closest predictions:

1. Number of points for Panarin 2

2. Number of saves for Shesterkin 34

3. Number of power play goals for Rangers 1

4. Number of goals for Kakko/Chytil/Lafreniere 0

5. Number of points for Rangers defensemen 1

6. Number of fighting majors for Rangers 0

• Applause 1

13 minutes ago, ThirtyONE said:

Okay, I just wanna say something about Louis Domingue...

What can't Louis do? He can't stop pucks, for one thing. This guy fucking stinks. STINKS. He was cut by the Devils AND Arizona. That's how fucking bad he is. You know why everyone is all over his dick after last game? Because they didn't expect him to save anything. Even one save was a miracle. And now he's everyone's charity case. He is fucking horrendous and it needs to be said before we hear the national media suck him off for the next 6 hours. THIS GUY BLOWS AT HOCKEY.

That loser better get his baking sheets ready because the countdown to the end of his hockey career starts at 7pm.

His career stats are pretty much on par with Georgiev. That might not be a high bar to clear, but he might also be capable of a hot streak much like Georgie. He’s still an NHL goalie and teams keep signing him. If the Rangers go in with this attitude thinking they’ll just pile up easy goals on him, they might just get shutout.

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, fletch said:

1. Number of points for Panarin

2. Number of saves for Shesterkin

3. Number of power play goals for Rangers

4. Number of goals for Kakko/Chytil/Lafreniere

5. Number of points for Rangers defensemen

6. Number of fighting majors for Rangers

1. Number of points for Panarin 1

2. Number of saves for Shesterkin 24

3. Number of power play goals for Rangers 0

4. Number of goals for Kakko/Chytil/Lafreniere 0

5. Number of points for Rangers defensemen 2

6. Number of fighting majors for Rangers 0

1. Number of points for Panarin - 2

2. Number of saves for Shesterkin - 34

5. Number of points for Rangers defensemen - 3

6. Number of fighting majors for Rangers - 1

20 minutes ago, fletch said:

1. Number of points for Panarin - 0

2. Number of saves for Shesterkin -39

5. Number of points for Rangers defensemen - 2

6. Number of fighting majors for Rangers - 0

• Applause 1

1. Number of points for Panarin - 1

2. Number of saves for Shesterkin - 31

3. Number of power play goals for Rangers - 2

4. Number of goals for Kakko/Chytil/Lafreniere - 1

5. Number of points for Rangers defensemen - 3

6. Number of fighting majors for Rangers - 0

51 minutes ago, fletch said:

1. Number of points for Panarin

2. Number of saves for Shesterkin

3. Number of power play goals for Rangers

4. Number of goals for Kakko/Chytil/Lafreniere

5. Number of points for Rangers defensemen

6. Number of fighting majors for Rangers

We are the younger team we should bounce back physically much better then they do.

Play hard without being stupid.  We let the refs basically neutralize our physicality after the first period on Tuesday but we also helped them out in making some of those calls too.

If Lindgren is not at 100% he needs to sit.  We acquired blue line depth at the trade deadline for just such reasons.  Lindgren is tough and he will likely say he is good to go even if he is not.

Need to get back to what got us through the last three months or more.  Solid defense from top to bottom and opportunistic offense.  Also a mental approach that any loss was simply an opportunity to go out on a new winning streak.

There's no way Lindgren can be effective for this whole series.  Better to sit him this game and have him in something approaching passable shape for the rest of the series.

It used to be that most of the punishment he took was to his mug; now it seems to be to his body.

Edited by Sod16

13 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

There's no way Lindgren can be effective for this whole series.  Better to sit him this game and have him in something approaching passable shape for the rest of the series.

It used to be that most of the punishment he took was to his mug; now it seems to be to his body.

Giving up the body ala Dan Girardi..

.gotta love both of em!

• Keeps it 100 1

19 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Nah, if he's healthy enough to play, he plays. The drop off after him to back fill his role is fucking stark.

Injured Lindgren is probably better by orders of magnitude than Nemeth, top-pairing-defender.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Biggest fear going into tonight's game is that PIT pops in an early lucky/fluke goal which rattles the Rangers and they're left chasing the game all night. Really need to come out and dictate the play and score that all important first goal. For an inexperienced group, I think psychologically it's going to be very important for the Rangers to be leading at all points tonight.

Edited by Karan

5 hours ago, rmc51 said:

First off, I believe the Rangers will win this game or I wouldn’t watch the game lol

However…how-ever…I fully expect a veteran Penguins team to muck this game up. Make it ugly. Collapse around Domingue. Don’t let anything through. Stay out of the box, which is easy for the Crosby Pens. Keep the game tight going into the 3rd for a chance to steal. Look and wait for a mistake by a young Rangers team.

I sense a 1-0, 2-1 kind of game. Not a scoring onslaught. And that will be a credit to the game the veteran Pens play with Domingue in net.

When they start blocking shots, go after the ankles, wrists, whatever. Make them pay the price for blocking shots.

26 minutes ago, Karan said:

Biggest fear going into tonight's game is that PIT pops in an early lucky/fluke goal which rattles the Rangers and they're left chasing the game all night. Really need to come out and dictate the play and score that all important first goal. For an inexperienced group, I think psychologically it's going to be very important for the Rangers to be leading at all points tonight.

The Rangers were one of the best come-from-behind teams in the league this year. If they find themselves down 1 or 2, they should be able to find a way out of it. Especially with the Penguins goaltending.