• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Barclay Goodrow Is Week-To-Week with Believed Broken Ankle; Unlikely to Play in Pens Series

Phil

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

In reality, week to week likely means a broken bone. Did someone say he blocked a shot off his foot? 

It's time. 

spacer.png

He did yeah. I guess x-rays after the game is why he's out. 

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

We brought in Blais and Goodrow for playoff experience before the season. One game into the playoffs and their both out for the season. That sucks.

Motte - Goodrow - Blais could've been one hell of a 4th line

I'm kind of salivating about having a fourth line like that. We'll have to wait until next season.

That really sucks about Goodrow. You bring in for stuff like this and now he's gone. Ugh. At least both he and Blais will be well rested next year.

Didn't notice much of a difference with the 4th line with Hunt in instead of Goodrow. I thought Hunt filled the role of forechecking pressure and physicality fine. If Goodrow isn't in the top-9, I don't think he's adding as much value. Can't be that extra offense alongside Rooney and Reaves. 

The current 4th line is a problem.  How could it not be with the three players brought in for it hurt?

In Turkspeak, "week to week" means frozen in cryonic suspension in the hope that the player can be revived in another life, should the technology develop at some point in the future.  Ted Williams is on the IR week to week with his head frozen and his relatives fighting over it.

I'm not taking ANYTHING Gallant says about injuries as fact.  It's his gamesmanship, and after all season hearing different updates and whatnot, one thing I have learned is that I can't believe any of it.

In this case, Goodrow actually finished the game and took his last shift in the closing minutes of Game 1, which leads me to believe that his injury won't be long term.  I could be wrong, but I'm going to roll on the fact that Goodrow is one tough son of a bitch, and I wouldn't be surprised if he'll return for Game 3.

I'm also seeing some players raise their game, which is great!  Hunt played a solid 4th line role last night and was very "visible", and K' Andre is turning into an absolute beast on D!  I'm loving that kid!!!

• Believe 1

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm not taking ANYTHING Gallant says about injuries as fact.  It's his gamesmanship, and after all season hearing different updates and whatnot, one thing I have learned is that I can't believe any of it.

In this case, Goodrow actually finished the game and took his last shift in the closing minutes of Game 1, which leads me to believe that his injury won't be long term.  I could be wrong, but I'm going to roll on the fact that Goodrow is one tough son of a bitch, and I wouldn't be surprised if he'll return for Game 3.

I'm also seeing some players raise their game, which is great!  Hunt played a solid 4th line role last night and was very "visible", and K' Andre is turning into an absolute beast on D!  I'm loving that kid!!!

I’m sure his foot blew up after he took his skate off

15 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I’m sure his foot blew up after he took his skate off

13 minutes ago, Dunny said:

With a broken foot, which is probably what we're talking here, it's gonna be up to Barclay, but gotta think minimum two weeks until pain is such that it allows him to play.

You guys are probably right, and I'm sure it's painful as hell.  I just see this guy playing through it as soon as the pain is "bearable".

Lindgren came back what was it, 25 times in game 1?  He's going to be back soon.  They probably had to tie him to a fence to keep him outta last night's game!!  LOL

7 minutes ago, Dunny said:

That's OK, Braun was just fine with Fox. 

I thought Braun played a pretty solid game.  The only real mishap was the Sid goal, which looked to me like a combination of "puck luck" with that puck bouncing right back to him, and a miscommunication with Trouba.  I was thinking Trouba was going to bury him, but Sid's tough to get in the cross-hairs.

Check out this puck bounce...Maybe we should step in dog shit before we go on the ice next game!  😉

Edited by Ozzy