• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Barclay Goodrow Is Week-To-Week with Believed Broken Ankle; Unlikely to Play in Pens Series

Phil

• Phil changed the title to Barclay Goodrow Is Week-To-Week With Injury; Unlikely to Play in Remainder of Pens Series
16 hours ago, The Dude said:

In reality, week to week likely means a broken bone. Did someone say he blocked a shot off his foot? 

It's time. 

spacer.png

I really like the idea of Gauthier in the playoffs.  I was thinking about this through the OT periods of GM1.  I was thinking the same in GM2.  I think his ability to skate up the wing with the puck and force the puck to the front of the net can pay dividends!  Players have to back him and look for rebounds.   I don’t think there is anyone who drags the puck to the next as often as Gauthier does on the Rangers.  Yes, he doesn’t score much but, with how tight the playoffs is the Rangers can design a bit of a strategy off those kinda plays.  It’s worth trying.    

9 minutes ago, Mission2Midnight said:

I really like the idea of Gauthier in the playoffs.  I was thinking about this through the OT periods of GM1.  I was thinking the same in GM2.  I think his ability to skate up the wing with the puck and force the puck to the front of the net can pay dividends!  Players have to back him and look for rebounds.   I don’t think there is anyone who drags the puck to the next as often as Gauthier does on the Rangers.  Yes, he doesn’t score much but, with how tight the playoffs is the Rangers can design a bit of a strategy off those kinda plays.  It’s worth trying.    

@The Dude just got a boner reading this

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 1

13 minutes ago, Mission2Midnight said:

Did we just become best friends?

But yes I agree. His skillet could be a good fit in a time, where nobody has the balls to take the puck to the net. He also can be a screen option infront of the net.

A guy that big that plays that style may be one of those playoff performer types that put it together when it counts. Or he could be what he's been. Kinda disappointing.

Either way, I'd rather see almost anyone in the lineup over Hunt. I'd rather Mckegg over Hunt.  He atleast has a skill or 2. He can PK, and maybe win a faceoff. Hunt does NOTHING  particularly well. He's the '22 version of Mike Hartman or Greg Gilbert. Kinda just there... 

Edited by The Dude

• Phil changed the title to Barclay Goodrow Is Week-To-Week with Believed Broken Ankle; Unlikely to Play in Pens Series
55 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Did we just become best friends?

But yes I agree. His skillet could be a good fit in a time, where nobody has the balls to take the puck to the net. He also can be a screen option infront of the net.

A guy that big that plays that style may be one of those playoff performer types that put it together when it counts. Or he could be what he's been. Kinda disappointing.

Either way, I'd rather see almost anyone in the lineup over Hunt. I'd rather Mckegg over Hunt.  He atleast has a skill or 2. He can PK, and maybe win a faceoff. Hunt does NOTHING  particularly well. He's the '22 version of Mike Hartman or Greg Gilbert. Kinda just there... 

McKegg has literally no skill.

Gauthier if put into the lineup would be a threat on the bottom 6.  He may not score but he will draw penalties.  He may take some too, if he can keep that part of his game under control I'd play him.  His speed and size is built for playoff hockey.  

14 hours ago, Capt said:

Gauthier if put into the lineup would be a threat on the bottom 6.  He may not score but he will draw penalties.  He may take some too, if he can keep that part of his game under control I'd play him.  His speed and size is built for playoff hockey.  

Playoffs is about effort and consistency.

He’s ensured that his size and speed are irrelevant. 

• LOL 1
  • Bullseye 2
  • JIMMY! 1

I know we got him for his leadership and experience and like many others here i loved the value we got over the first 2/3rds of the year but....  Am I the only one who thought his impact was way down over the last six weeks or so?

In any event, get well soon. Next man up.

Edited by Kick save and a beauty
edittid fer spellin