• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #4: (2M) Rangers at (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — Bringing it Back Around

3 minutes ago, siddious said:

The rangers fucking suck. For fucks sake how did they beat the pens 4x in the regular season? 

Yea I don't know man. Rangers have a decent amount of skill, but it's evident they're lacking that extra gear and desperation needed in the playoffs. Pittsburgh has it thanks to all their playoff experience and the Rangers are learning it the hard way. 

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Zibs been getting dominated in the dot on the PP and its just not the same when he doesnt win the draw. Sure sometimes theyre able to gain the zone after a clear but its a total nuetered version on the PP when they have to enter the zone

Need a guy that likes to take the puck to the net.

1 minute ago, rmc51 said:

On the money. They win a lot of the board battles and come away with the puck, especially in our end of the rink.

Bunch of 5 on 5 sequences in the last 10 mins that looked like Pens PPs. 

Game is still very much up for grabs. I don’t get all the negativity here. This whole series, each team has had “dominant” stretches or periods. That wasn’t a great period, but was far from

our worst. We needed to slow the pace down, and this looked more regular season than playoffs. Igor looks to not have any carry over from the other night, which is good. Need to just find our stride, and PLEASE remember to put pucks on net. Far too much respect being shown to Domingue who is an NHL goalie but not enough lack of respect for his spells of bad play.

• Like 2
  • VINNY! 1

Better prepare yourselves for fucking Louie Domingue to beat the Rangers. Rangers haven’t gotten the memo to pepper this guy with shots when they’re in the slot or prime scoring area. Special teams is also letting them down. Rangers getting outplayed by one of the oldest teams, would have thought the Pens legs would have fallen off by now. Rangers are far from the first period of Game 1 Rangers team. 

Edited by Blue Heaven

1 minute ago, Karan said:

Yea I don't know man. Rangers have a decent amount of skill, but it's evident they're lacking that extra gear and desperation needed in the playoffs. Pittsburgh has it thanks to all their playoff experience and the Rangers are learning it the hard way. 

It's pretty clear that this team has a big problem with it's top players.  Scoring 90 points or 50 goals is great in the regular season but honestly who gives a shit when you disappear when the games matter?  Kreider has had moments in his career int he postseason, so I can't just discount that.

Zib and Panarin though?  Sorry but they just are not the same players when the game ramps up.  Fox too for such a "smart" player he has to know the situation better.  Domingue is an AHL goalie that just got beat clean from 20 feet out on a wrist shot.  You have got to test him when you get a grade A chance.    

Not a good vibe from Sheshty so far.  There was no reason for him to be sliding back into the net (even before Crosby wacked at it).  He's given up a few rebounds.  Really no high danger chances.

Kreider heads right off.  Hit on middle of collar bone I think.  NG.

ANd Zib should take a close look at Crosby.  Where is he doing his damage?  He's constantly right in Igor's grill.  Zib is never within 3 feet of the crease unless it's on a fly by.  That is where cups are won, end of story.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capt said:

It's pretty clear that this team has a big problem with it's top players.  Scoring 90 points or 50 goals is great in the regular season but honestly who gives a shit when you disappear when the games matter?  Kreider has had moments in his career int he postseason, so I can't just discount that.

Zib and Panarin though?  Sorry but they just are not the same players when the game ramps up.  Fox too for such a "smart" player he has to know the situation better.  Domingue is an AHL goalie that just got beat clean from 20 feet out on a wrist shot.  You have got to test him when you get a grade A chance.    

Even during the season, NYR don't play with any urgency. And you cannot keep passing up open shots like this. 

They can still win this. 

Would love to see Yukon get on the 1st PP here. 

21 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

If Kreider wadi in front where he should have been, he wouldn’t be hurt. 

wow, that's a tough take being he's been ok on the PP this season and figuring out where to be. I even go as far as to say he's scored more from being a little bit off to the side.