• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECQF #5: (2M) Rangers vs. (3M) Pittsburgh Penguins — This Is the End, My Only Friend

7 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Skating in between the circles with your head down, looking at the puck? Yeah, you might get your bell rung.

Ask Eric Lindros how looking down went for him.

To be fair, he’s been going to the middle of the ice like a knife through warm butter all series. Most likely wasn’t expecting anything to happen…he thought wrong. Clean hit too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Kreider- Copp- Zibanejad 

Panarin-Strome- Vatrano 

Lafreniere- Chytil- Kakko 

Gauthier- Rooney- Reaves 

They can't keep the top 6 the same. If Crosby comes back,  they have to put Copp on him. Give him more draws and take pressure off of wimpy bitch Zibanejad. Or like I suggested earlier, put Zibanejad on Panarins RW.

Zibanejad clearly is not engaged in the center position. Take his defensive responsibilities away and give it to someone more suited for it. As far as I know Copp is the Rangers best faceoff guy. Maybe their best defensive forward too. Line him up against the guy who keeps killing them. 

Really angered by Zibanejad.  That scrum where Lindgren was on his back with Malkin taking liberties on him in a helpless position and Zibanejad literally turned away. There's no way he didn't see it.

Sickening. 

They won, and looked very good doing it for most of he game, especially defensively, even before Crosby went down.

Chill, homie.

8 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Sullivan had nothing to update us with about Crosby. Said he’s being evaluated and that he has an upper body injury.

And he seemed pissed about the hit.

Oh boy.

Sullivan wakes up pissed.  His game faces range from pissed to angry to incredulous to smug

• LMFAO 1

22 minutes ago, Bugg said:

I'm not a mathematician or scientist or study physics by any means, but can someone tell me how its possible that this could be an elbow when it looks like the contact is shoulder to shoulder.  These Pittsburgh clowns say that this screenshot is after the initial headshot, but how could Trouba's elbow possibly hit Crosby in the head, and then have shoulder to shoulder contact in an instant?  

18 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Sullivan had nothing to update us with about Crosby. Said he’s being evaluated and that he has an upper body injury.

And he seemed pissed about the hit.

Oh boy.

He'd be far less angry if his check to Wes McCauley didn't bounce

• LMFAO 1

8 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Snuck him in and thought no one would notice, huh?

Gotta get a guy in the lineup that takes the puck to the net consistently. AHL scorer against AHL goalie. I wonder how often he has faced Domingue.  

I know he never scores on his drives. But this goalie is dogshit and nobody is trying to go to the net. The Pens are... They are up 3-2. The Rangers just dressed 7 D men and didn't use the 7th guy. Why the heck not insert the big dummy? It's house money at this point. They need offense.  They need cuts to the net. They need puck possession.  He brings some of that and playoffs can bring out the best in players. See the kid line for this example. 

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

I'm not a mathematician or scientist or study physics by any means, but can someone tell me how its possible that this could be an elbow when it looks like the contact is shoulder to shoulder.  These Pittsburgh clowns say that this screenshot is after the initial headshot, but how could Trouba's elbow possibly hit Crosby in the head, and then have shoulder to shoulder contact in an instant?  

There's an answer to this that tracks well IMO:

Trouba had no fucking idea where Crosby was because he was puckwatching and went for the pokecheck instead of the body. The ONLY way you get from point a to point be that fast is if Crosby rode up his arm. 

Just now, leetchy2 said:

I suspect that Crosby has a leg injury not a concussion. If you look at Crosby's left leg just before the hit it buckles & twists as Trouba's stick goes through his left skate. Then the hit comes.

Sullivan specifically said he had an upper body injury in his post game. 

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

They won, and looked very good doing it for most of he game, especially defensively, even before Crosby went down.

Chill, homie.

Disagree. They looked terrible. That was a miracle comeback. Crosby going down changed a lot. They couldn't contain anyone up until that point.

Zibanejad looked like crap again. They can't roll with that guy as their top defensive matchup, or guy that gets top minutes right now 

They're going into Pittsburgh,  which is a house of horrors for Shestyorkin. They need to try to contain the Crosby line in any way possible. The top 6 is bringing nothing. Theres nothing there. None of them are clicking. Gotta change it up, gotta coach. Gotta get the top players going and they can't leave it as is.

Swapping Vatrano and Copp as RWs isn't going to do it. Im not messing with the kid lines current chemistry. They need a bit of a culture shock and they really need an answer to Crosby/Guentzel. Zib needs less responsibility right now.

All isn't well, despite that win. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Gotta get a guy in the lineup that takes the puck to the net consistently. AHL scorer against AHL goalie. I wonder how often he has faced Domingue.  

I know he never scores on his drives. But this goalie is dogshit and nobody is trying to go to the net. The Pens are... They are up 3-2. The Rangers just dressed 7 D men and didn't use the 7th guy. Why the heck not insert the big dummy? It's house money at this point. They need offense.  They need cuts to the net. They need puck possession.  He brings some of that and playoffs can bring out the best in players. See the kid line for this example. 

You know what? I'm down with Gauthier being in the lineup next game. Things have been upside down. The kid line is the best line. Who saw that coming? Maybe Gauthier surprises....can he actually play the left side though?

12 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

If Goatpiss plays next game Gallant should expect to get fired.  
Nemeth only dressed in case Lindgren couldn’t make the whole game

Well he didn't make the whole game.  He missed a big chunk of it. Gallant rolled with 5 D. 

Gallant should get an extension if he plays Gauthier. Key to the city. Nobel Prize. Mount Rushmore. World's greatest dad mug.. 

6 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

You know what? I'm down with Gauthier being in the lineup next game. Things have been upside down. The kid line is the best line. Who saw that coming? Maybe Gauthier surprises....can he actually play the left side though?

Does it matter much as a forward?  Not like there's a system to stick to. Throw em out there and let him do his thing. Its better than nothing (Hunt) . 

Zero reason to not give him a try. They just played a game with 17 skaters. Literally. 

I'll shut up now. 

Go kid line!

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Does it matter much as a forward?  Not like there's a system to stick to. Throw em out there and let him do his thing. Its better than nothing (Hunt) . 

Zero reason to not give him a try. They just played a game with 17 skaters. Literally. 

I'll shut up now. 

Go kid line!

I'll try anything. The opposite of anything anyone would have guessed is happening in this series for the Rangers.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=302641118197620

Edited by rmc51
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Disagree. They looked terrible. That was a miracle comeback. Crosby going down changed a lot. They couldn't contain anyone up until that point.

Zibanejad looked like crap again. They can't roll with that guy as their top defensive matchup, or guy that gets top minutes right now 

They're going into Pittsburgh,  which is a house of horrors for Shestyorkin. They need to try to contain the Crosby line in any way possible. The top 6 is bringing nothing. Theres nothing there. None of them are clicking. Gotta change it up, gotta coach. Gotta get the top players going and they can't leave it as is.

Swapping Vatrano and Copp as RWs isn't going to do it. Im not messing with the kid lines current chemistry. They need a bit of a culture shock and they really need an answer to Crosby/Guentzel. Zib needs less responsibility right now.

All isn't well, despite that win. 

They certainly didn't look terrible so we can agree to disagree.