• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Hurricanes Round Two — General Series Thread

Phil

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

I do wonder if Galant mixes the lines up a little for this round. Kreids and Mika turned it on in the last two games, but generally I felt that the 1st line wasn't as good as it should be. Vatrano wasn't bad, but I felt they struggled to get any O-zone pressure 5v5. The 2nd line was actually really bad the last couple of games. Copp looks a bit invisible, I think moving him to center could be a good thing.

Struggling to see what changes could be done. I want Laf to get more ice-team, he looks really good. Quicker then I've ever seen him, he goes to the dirty areas and battles hard.

Kreider - Zib - Kakko

Panarin - Strome - Chytil

Laf - Copp - Vatrano

Motte - Rooney - Reaves

Won't happen, but would be fun to see. That 3rd line would dominate most 3rd/4th lines. The 2nd line could be a black hole defensively tho and I'm not sure how Kakko would work with KZ.

We've won 3 in a row, so no problem keeping the same lineup, but I do hope he tries to mix things up if it's not working out.

Vatrano looks like a guy dumped for a sack of pucks, like he was. Very Pirri like, not much else in his game beyond volume shooting.

Motte isn't a great long tern answer there, either, but I dunno what you do. Goodrow would sure help, somewhere.

48 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I do wonder if Galant mixes the lines up a little for this round. Kreids and Mika turned it on in the last two games, but generally I felt that the 1st line wasn't as good as it should be. Vatrano wasn't bad, but I felt they struggled to get any O-zone pressure 5v5. The 2nd line was actually really bad the last couple of games. Copp looks a bit invisible, I think moving him to center could be a good thing.

Struggling to see what changes could be done. I want Laf to get more ice-team, he looks really good. Quicker then I've ever seen him, he goes to the dirty areas and battles hard.

Kreider - Zib - Kakko

Panarin - Strome - Chytil

Laf - Copp - Vatrano

Motte - Rooney - Reaves

Won't happen, but would be fun to see. That 3rd line would dominate most 3rd/4th lines. The 2nd line could be a black hole defensively tho and I'm not sure how Kakko would work with KZ.

We've won 3 in a row, so no problem keeping the same lineup, but I do hope he tries to mix things up if it's not working out.

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't futz with that Laffy/Chytil/Kakko line, there's a bit of chemistry going on there.  Just hoping Zib/Kreids/Bread are starting to get into a groove and that Vatrano/Copp elevate their games to match.

1 hour ago, Cr00zng said:

The bad news in that is no more MSG broadcast. We'll just need to put up with ESPN and the like, argh!

You mean you don’t want to watch lackluster and bias announcers, boring intermission analysts (includes Mess) and audio issues that have plagued their broadcasts since game 1 of the regular season that they refuse to address?

• Bullseye 2
  • Applause 1

13 minutes ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't futz with that Laffy/Chytil/Kakko line, there's a bit of chemistry going on there.  Just hoping Zib/Kreids/Bread are starting to get into a groove and that Vatrano/Copp elevate their games to match.

This

gallant is also very much a ‘go with the guys that got you here’ type. Partly why players like playing for him. 

7 hours ago, Keirik said:

No. You have to get that mentality out of your head. Why not us? We have a Norris winner on our team. Canes don’t. We have the guy about to win a Vezina on our team. Canes don’t. We have a 50 goal scorer. Canes don’t. We have a guy with 70 assists on our team. Canes don’t. We have a coach that’s been to the finals at his position. Canes don’t. Zibanejad was second in our team in points. He would have been tied with Aho.

We aren’t playing the 84/85 Oilers out there.  We are playing a beatable team. We just learned a hell of a lot about ourselves tonight and all series. Believe in this team. 

I am a fan, this is how I am thinking. I mean, none of us have any leverage of making the players think a certain way. That being said, I am sure the players are happy to be here but it is up to them for how they treat this series. Can they win it? Sure. Will they? Unlikely. But it is playoff hockey and anything can happen. I do know this, and it was the intent of the post, if the team play tight mentally and physically they will be swept decisively. 

Edited by New Hampshire Ranger
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

14 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

You mean you don’t want to watch lackluster and bias announcers, boring intermission analysts (includes Mess) and audio issues that have plagued their broadcasts since game 1 of the regular season that they refuse to address?

You nailed it…👍

The Rangers career of Brendan Smith was up and down through an over-generous contract that began with him showing up to training camp in yesterday's tux with a face full of wedding cake and a bottle of champagne in his hand. Despite all that, I generally liked him as a player and thought he was a stand-up teammate, y'know fighting Wilson and all. Got a feeling that my overall impression is headed downhill fast. https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/brendan-smith-leaves-feet-delivering-elbow-first-hit-pastrnak/

Let me just remind all of you that going into the play-in round in the bubble, NO ONE affiliated with the Carolina Hurricanes (from fans, to players, to coaches, to front office members) wanted anything to do with us because of how poorly they matched up with us and how dominant we were against them. They were mad at the whole set up and how it matched them and us together.

How did that go for us? They took us out back and beat the shit out of us.

Who is to say the roles can’t reverse here?

• JIMMY! 1
  • Believe 5

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Let me just remind all of you that going into the play-in round in the bubble, NO ONE affiliated with the Carolina Hurricanes (from fans, to players, to coaches, to front office members) wanted anything to do with us because of how poorly they matched up with us and how dominant we were against them. They were mad at the whole set up and how it matched them and us together.

How did that go for us? They took us out back and beat the shit out of us.

Who is to say the roles can’t reverse here?

Well if its the Rangers that played against Pitt then it will be very hard for role reversal.  

Carolina is far better than Pitt and much deeper.  

With that said, fuck the Caniacs and Lets Go Rangers!  Fuck Stepan, Fuck Fast, Fuck DeAngelo, Fuck Smith, Fuck Skjei, Fuck Raanta, fuck them all!!!!! 

• Applause 1

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Hope we take advantage of the fact that hes a horrible defender and make him look like a jack ass.

He really is sheltered in that sense, getting 65% O Zone starts. But he was also like +30 so I'd assume his pairing is defensively adequate. 

16 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Well if its the Rangers that played against Pitt then it will be very hard for role reversal.  

Carolina is far better than Pitt and much deeper.  

With that said, fuck the Caniacs and Lets Go Rangers!  Fuck Stepan, Fuck Fast, Fuck DeAngelo, Fuck Smith, Fuck Skjei, Fuck Raanta, fuck them all!!!!! 

Fast is like a Zuc-lite, I just can't hate the guy.

Fuck the rest of that team tho. And their fans!

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

He really is sheltered in that sense, getting 65% O Zone starts. But he was also like +30 so I'd assume his pairing is defensively adequate. 

I havent watched enough of carolina to say really, I was mostly speaking on his days as a ranger, so its possible. But still theres a gap there that can be taken advantage of.

WIth that said I really hope Fox plays like last season Fox again.