• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2021-22 ECF #1: (2M) Rangers vs. (3A) Tampa Bay Lightning — Weathering Another Storm

WTF happened last night?!?!  I'm still amped up from the game.  Couldnt ask for a better statement game than last night.  

On the flip side, Rangers fans really piss me off, cool it with the "Igor's Better" chants, yeah funny, but easy comeback for Vasi is showing off his rings, and he is capable of shutting the door down and being a brick wall.  Reminds me in a few of the Rangers/Caps series, and the Rangers fans would count down the clock and when it reached 8:08 the fans would start chanting "Ovie Sucks", well what would you know Ovie would fucking score soon after on a number of occasions.  Save the "Igor's Better" chant when the Rangers are on the verge of knocking the Lightning out.  

Then fans starting trying to start a "You Can't Beat Us Chant", Really?  Again, Save it for when the Rangers are up in the series 3-0.  

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

6 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

WTF happened last night?!?!  I'm still amped up from the game.  Couldnt ask for a better statement game than last night.  

On the flip side, Rangers fans really piss me off, cool it with the "Igor's Better" chants, yeah funny, but easy comeback for Vasi is showing off his rings, and he is capable of shutting the door down and being a brick wall.  Reminds me in a few of the Rangers/Caps series, and the Rangers fans would count down the clock and when it reached 8:08 the fans would start chanting "Ovie Sucks", well what would you know Ovie would fucking score soon after on a number of occasions.  Save the "Igor's Better" chant when the Rangers are on the verge of knocking the Lightning out.  

Then fans starting trying to start a "You Can't Beat Us Chant", Really?  Again, Save it for when the Rangers are up in the series 3-0.  

Agreed. The 'You Can't Beat Us!" chants was only fun when we were beating the Islanders all of the time. But Tampa Bay for a handful of games? Yeah, not needed.

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Friday is the biggest test yet. Tampa is 17-0 following a loss in the playoffs over their run. If we can somehow and someway take Game 2 and head to Tampa up 2-0, then I have 4 words for you: Look. The. Fuck. Out.

I think it's 18, actually. They mentioned it during the game. Either way that is an absolutely insane statistic. Game two is really big for both teams.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think it's 18, actually. They mentioned it during the game. Either way that is an absolutely insane statistic. Game two is really big for both teams.

Yea but they’re 0-1 vs Chytilmania and that’s the stat that really counts 

• LOL 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I remember in 2015, Tampa had our number all year long. It felt huge to get Game 1 from them in that playoff series because we needed to prove we could beat them.

This feels….different. We have beat them all 4 tries this year, and don’t for one second think that they don’t know that. Beating them in Game 1 off the rest was key. But beating them the way we did? That was…a statement.

Something special might be happening…

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

oh don't be a buzzkill! it's playoffs. whatever gets the crowd buzzing i dont care

• Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Streak has to end sometime, we know it and more importantly THEY know it.......

I'm still just pure adrenaline from the game and I wasn't even there! Statement game for sure.

That said - hell no on the chants. I love it. Talk the trash. Allow yourself to feel the feelings. Embrace it. Enjoy it. And know that if the Pens fans can get in Igor's head that bad with a few chants, we can play that game too.

I swear the Penguins lost the series the second their inbred fans started chanting "WE WANT IGOR" when he got pulled in Game 4. 

You got Igor. And you got eliminated. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

11 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I'm still just pure adrenaline from the game and I wasn't even there! Statement game for sure.

That said - hell no on the chants. I love it. Talk the trash. Allow yourself to feel the feelings. Embrace it. Enjoy it. And know that if the Pens fans can get in Igor's head that bad with a few chants, we can play that game too.

Didn't end well for the Pens fans......just saying. 

sorta agree on the igor chant.  no need to poke the bear.  knicks beat writers did that back in the day when we went up on chicago 2-0 and jordan gambled all night in atlantic city.  the writers picked up on it, got on jordans case and he goes off for the rest of the series.  it was either oakley or patrick at the time telling the beat writers to stfu.

from last nite, what a thing of beauty.  is it me or is vasil vulnerable on the high blocker side.  looked almost like we were focusing on it.

the kid line is awesome.  looked like the graves/gelina/murphy line from edmonton back in the day.

also.  whoever thinks its a good idea to give fox a 1/4 of the ice inside the blueline on the power play should keep up with that strategy.  totally not the way to play him.

lets break another trend and hand them there 18-1 record friday nite.

in the end though this is an awesome experience for this group.  no matter how this turns out.  this series is gravy.... and winable.

LFGR

Dont like chanting against forwards but goalies is a bit different, they cant have the immediate impact. Goalies are also weird as hell so it get in their head

But yea, Was at game 2 vs the Penguins and they started chanting Crosby Sucks and he immediately went through 3 rangers in the middle to score lol

2 hours ago, Blue Heaven said:

No. Have fun. Chant your heart out. Sure, maybe it's early for "We Want the Cup" or "You Can't Beat Us," but stifling crowd excitement out of superstitious fear isn't the answer. Game two should feel like a fucking party. The team clearly feeds off that enthusiasm.

• Believe 1

34 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Darn, I thought for sure we had more higher quality chances than they did. To sum it up then Igor showed up and Vasy didn't

Something tells me Kucherov isn't going to be shooting it into Shesty's chest all series. We do have to tighten up defensively a little bit, especially if they do (which they will)

15 minutes ago, Phil said:

No. Have fun. Chant your heart out. Sure, maybe it's early for "We Want the Cup" or "You Can't Beat Us," but stifling crowd excitement out of superstitious fear isn't the answer. Game two should feel like a fucking party. The team clearly feeds off that enthusiasm.

Im not saying don't chant shit against Vasilevskiy..., but let Shesterkin fucking beat him in a series before everyone proclaims him "Igor's Better"....Maybe start off with something simple like "Vaaaaaaasi, Vaaaaaasi".....We've seen it too many times with the "Ovie Sucks", "Crosby Sucks" and come to bite us back in the ass.  Again, Vasilevskiy can brush off the Igor's Better chants and just show us his rings.  

And I did have fun at the game, probably the most fun I have had in a long time.  Havent heard MSG that loud since the renovations.  

Edited by Blue Heaven

3 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Im not saying don't chant shit against Vasilevskiy..., but let Shesterkin fucking beat him in a series before everyone proclaims him "Igor's Better"....Maybe start off with something simple like "Vaaaaaaasi, Vaaaaaasi".....We've seen it too many times with the "Ovie Sucks", "Crosby Sucks" and come to bite us back in the ass.  Again, Vasilevskiy can brush off the Igor's Better chants and just show us his rings.  

And I did have fun at the game, probably the most fun I have had in a long time.  Havent heard MSG that loud since the renovations.  

I'm fine with it. It came about organically. Run with it. Believe.