• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Patrik Nemeth, 2025 2nd, 2026 Conditional 2nd to Coyotes for D Ty Emberson

Phil

Just now, Karan said:

Damn Ozzy, I'm disappointed/surprised to see you've given up on your future Selke Trophy dream already. 😂

Oh my bad Karan...I meant he's next to be taken care of!!

I'd never give up on my boy Kakko!  I love that kid!!!

Just now, Ozzy said:

Oh my bad Karan...I meant he's next to be taken care of!!

I'd never give up on my boy Kakko!  I love that kid!!!

I initially looked at that post the same way Karan did but then I saw the source and realized how you meant it 😀

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Kevin said:

There's definitely value in those picks.  We acquired Fox for two 2nd's

Value is relative. They need the cap room now more than they need 2025 and 2026 lottery tickets.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Phil said:

Value is relative. They need the cap room now more than they need 2025 and 2026 lottery tickets.

I agree but it's not nothing.  I'm not even thinking about the players that might get drafted with those picks.  It's the value that those picks have at the trade deadline that we lose out on because Nemeth was such a scrub.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, josh said:

That’s some bad GMing right there 

Signing Nemeth in the first place was bad GMing. Paying to dump him because you need the cap room now really isn't. It's correcting a mistake.

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

The deal was fine when he signed it - he just turned out to be absolutely awful. Otherwise, he would have made a solid 3rd pairing guy who is an insurance policy that can slot up if needed. He turned out to not even make the team most nights. 

Just now, Phil said:

Signing Nemeth in the first place was bad GMing. Paying to dump him because you need the cap room now really isn't. It's correcting a mistake.

Nah, it’s compounded his original bad move with another one.

He just took a double minor for high stick because he turned the puck over and subsequently didn’t move his feet to defend. 

and idgaf about draft picks. 

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yeah. Bad GMing would be refusing to admit you made a mistake for 2 more seasons. Every GM makes mistakes. The bad ones double down on them as if they are so sure it was never a mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 2

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

Do we sign a different UFA LHD or let Robertson and Jones fight it out?

latter to start the year and see how it goes Schnieder grew into the role for us mid season and we want the same to happen, but if it doesnt we can work the deadline.

Just now, Keirik said:

Yeah. Bad GMing would be refusing to admit you made a mistake for 2 more seasons. Every GM makes mistakes. The bad ones double down on them as if they are so sure it was never a mistake. 

Exactly this. More than that, he paid to correct the mistake. I'd call that good GMing.

• Like 2

Just now, Valriera said:

latter to start the year and see how it goes Schnieder grew into the role for us mid season and we want the same to happen, but if it doesnt we can work the deadline.

Maybe. I'd be fine with a veteran signing. Just nothing like Nemeth. One year. Journeyman.