• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Johnny Gaudreau to Columbus! Signs 7-Year/$68.25M Deal; $9.75M AAV

Phil

Honestly, that tweet gave me a half-chub. To see the top free agent in three years give the double bird to the Islanders (AGAIN) and the Devils and go sign with Columbus is *chefs kiss*

I'd imagine they try to off Nyquist/Voracek to bring back Bemstrom and Laine and call it an offseason. Really...really well done for them.

2 minutes ago, siddious said:

Is that true? lol 

Looks like it. I’m sure it’s more complicated than that but still. 

Residents of Columbus pay a flat city income tax of 2.50% on earned income, in addition to the Ohio income tax and the Federal income tax.

Nonresidents who work in Columbus also pay a local income tax of 2.50%, the same as the local income tax paid by residents.

https://www.tax-rates.org/ohio/columbus-income-tax#:~:text=Residents of Columbus pay a flat city income,as the local income tax paid by residents.

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

That's like the NYC tax. That's in addition to federal and state taxes, not instead of state taxes.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

How pissed must Calgary fans be right now? Not sure how short sighted this is from Gaudreau. Didn't cash out. Didn't sign to win. Didn't get closer to home. I don't understand this at all. 

Technically he got a lot closer to home than Calgary is to NJ

Edited by Keirik

Just now, Cash or Czech said:

That's like the NYC tax. That's in addition to federal and state taxes, not instead of state taxes.

Ah, makes sense. Still looks like they have a lower state tax compared to a lot of other states at least in the US. I was always under the impression Canada got killed tax wise and that hindered part of their chances to sign athletes here and there. 

4 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Ah, makes sense. Still looks like they have a lower state tax compared to a lot of other states at least in the US. I was always under the impression Canada got killed tax wise and that hindered part of their chances to sign athletes here and there. 

• Bullseye 1

Just now, Keirik said:

Boom. I stand very corrected. Guess it was the rodeo then lol 

These tweets just conveniently popped up in my feed LOL. I think we are all just really confused and have no fuckin clue why Johnny Hockey is in Columbus. And they can't afford Laine. $3.1mil in cap space for Laine and Bernstrom. Probably try to move Nyquist and/or Bjorkstrand. 

32 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

These tweets just conveniently popped up in my feed LOL. I think we are all just really confused and have no fuckin clue why Johnny Hockey is in Columbus. And they can't afford Laine. $3.1mil in cap space for Laine and Bernstrom. Probably try to move Nyquist and/or Bjorkstrand. 

I have this strange feeling Voracek with no clauses in his contract might need some sunscreen for his trip to the desert.