• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Matthew Tkachuk Won't Sign Long-Term with Flames; Expected to Be Traded Soon

Phil

1 minute ago, josh said:

I’m not doing math,  I’d bet all 3 forwards had similar PPG at the time of the trades 

No, I mean Heatley was traded for Hossa.

Hall was traded for Larsson first, then for scraps all the other times.

1 minute ago, josh said:

I think I fear the flyers and devils more, if they make this move. Or Carolina. 

Devils for sure. Philly will never figure shit out.

It'll be Coots and Tkachuck and like Farabee on the 2nd line.

• Phil changed the title to Matthew Tkachuk Won't Sign Long-Term with Flames; Expected to Be Traded Soon
35 minutes ago, Pete said:

Devils for sure. Philly will never figure shit out.

It'll be Coots and Tkachuck and like Farabee on the 2nd line.

But torts with those guys plus konecney and attkinson. They might not beat anyone else but they’d kick the shit out of the Rangers. Even the other guys filling out the roster will give them fits under torts! 

2 hours ago, josh said:

I think I fear the flyers and devils more, if they make this move. Or Carolina. 

If the Flyers couldn't clear space for Gaudreau, they aren't doing it for Tkachuk. 

I don't think anyone is interested in playing for the Devils right now.  

I thought Carolina,  but I don't think they want to rip the whole team apart.  

Isles or Blues, maybe Dallas. These teams seem like the only semi attractive places to go to if you're going to devastate a fan base. If Chicago didn't just gut their team, I'd say they would be perfect. Then again, maybe the Flames take everything the Hawks just got in trade/draft? 

Luscious Lou needs to make an impact in his last year of his current deal.  Fuck. It's gonna happen. 

Trade any combo of Barzal, Bellows, Bailey, Beauvillier, Lee, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Sorokin... sign Kadri.

FML. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If the Flyers couldn't clear space for Gaudreau, they aren't doing it for Tkachuk. 

I don't think anyone is interested in playing for the Devils right now.  

I thought Carolina,  but I don't think they want to rip the whole team apart.  

Isles or Blues, maybe Dallas. These teams seem like the only semi attractive places to go to if you're going to devastate a fan base. If Chicago didn't just gut their team, I'd say they would be perfect. Then again, maybe the Flames take everything the Hawks just got in trade/draft? 

Luscious Lou needs to make an impact in his last year of his current deal.  Fuck. It's gonna happen. 

Trade any combo of Barzal, Bellows, Bailey, Beauvillier, Lee, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Sorokin... sign Kadri.

FML. 

They can trade for Tkachuk, which can include JVR cap dump 

6 minutes ago, josh said:

Phil relapsing. 

It's 4D chess, but Kreider, Kakko, Lundkvist ($9.75M, in effect) + 1st + conditional first (win Cup) for Tkachuk. Sign Tkachuk to Gaudreau deal, or just above ($10M).

Ride or die this year with this whole group. Have to trade Trouba earlier than anticipated once this season ends.

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

It's 4D chess, but Kreider, Kakko, Lundkvist ($9.75M, in effect) + 1st + conditional first (win Cup) for Tkachuk. Sign Tkachuk to Gaudreau deal, or just above ($10M).

Ride or die this year with this whole group. Have to trade Trouba earlier than anticipated once this season ends.

Dunsel about to take away your privileges 

16 hours ago, The Dude said:

Sorokin is not getting traded, and I think Barzal and Dobson would be the only pieces there that would interest Calgary.  Other teams have better inventory with which to work in negotiations with Calgary.

9 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Sorokin is not getting traded, and I think Barzal and Dobson would be the only pieces there that would interest Calgary.  Other teams have better inventory with which to work in negotiations with Calgary.

If Sorokin gets them Tkachuk, I think he's absolutely available. 

Other teams have better inventory,  but other teams don't have capspace or 2 for 1 pieces that would clear the capspace.

Not many have young, already signed top line players, goalies or D men available to make the trade. If they do, they are blowing up an already successful team (Carolina). 

I don't think NJ could entice Tkachuk to sign long term. Philly is just a mess. 

Help me out here with these other teams that have the pieces to make a realistic trade. 

The top destinations I could see

St. Louis: Personal connection, can move Kyrou as a centerpiece and they have other good prospects

Dallas: Has the cap space, needs a younger star, Robertson is an RFA

I don't see how Vegas does this. Florida and Nashville have the resource to move it, though not the space without sending cap back. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If Sorokin gets them Tkachuk, I think he's absolutely available. 

Other teams have better inventory,  but other teams don't have capspace or 2 for 1 pieces that would clear the capspace.

Not many have young, already signed top line players, goalies or D men available to make the trade. If they do, they are blowing up an already successful team (Carolina). 

I don't think NJ could entice Tkachuk to sign long term. Philly is just a mess. 

Help me out here with these other teams that have the pieces to make a realistic trade. 

I'd keep my eye on Detroit. They have a fuckton of cap space, they have just made some serious UFA adds, they're absolutely loaded on the prospect front, and Tkachuk screams "Yzerman guy". 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

59 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I'd keep my eye on Detroit. They have a fuckton of cap space, they have just made some serious UFA adds, they're absolutely loaded on the prospect front, and Tkachuk screams "Yzerman guy". 

Yup, I'm thinking either Detroit or St. Louis, G-Man

3 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

They have Markstrom signed for four more seasons. They don't want Sorokin. They need forwards to replace Gaudreau and Tkachuk.

I'd think Markstrom would be next out the door. Carries a chunky cap hit, but ok.

I thought SOD was more or less saying Sorokin wasn't on the table as an untouchable.

Still. Barzal would be a huge get. Maybe an overpayment... The Isles could sign Kadri or trade for Miller and sign one of the many available Cs next summer. 

I don't see how the Isles aren't a player in this. 

Edited by The Dude