• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Matthew Tkachuk Won't Sign Long-Term with Flames; Expected to Be Traded Soon

Phil

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I'd think Markstrom would be next out the door. Carries a chunky cap hit, but ok.

I thought SOD was more or less saying Sorokin wasn't on the table as an untouchable.

Still. Barzal would be a huge get. Maybe an overpayment... The Isles could sign Kadri or trade for Miller and sign one of the many available Cs next summer. 

I don't see how the Isles aren't a player in this. 

Why? He's under contract for four more seasons. Gaudreau left as a UFA. Tkachuk was about to force them to do the same. I don't follow your line of reasoning on that one.

The rest of it, yes the Isles are in it. They missed out on Gaudreau. They stagnated last year, and decided to just let an assistant coach take over the helm which we don't know the impact of. But they are falling behind in the Metro arms race. I doubt Lou will be able to pull it off though. 

Edited by Cash or Czech

9 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Why? He's under contract for four more seasons. Gaudreau left as a UFA. Tkachuk was about to force them to do the same. I don't follow your line of reasoning on that one.

The rest of it, yes the Isles are in it. They missed out on Gaudreau. They stagnated last year, and decided to just let an assistant coach take over the helm which we don't know the impact of. But they are falling behind in the Metro arms race. I doubt Lou will be able to pull it off though. 

He's 32 and is making 6 mill a year. They are being forced to rebuild,  and may as well get their goalie of the future.  I don't know if they have an up and comer already in the system though. 

On 7/21/2022 at 1:42 PM, The Dude said:

Help me out here with these other teams that have the pieces to make a realistic trade. 

I would think the Devils, with Hischler, Bratt, and Nemec.  Heck, Hughes one up would not necessarily be a bad deal.