• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nils Lundkvist Won't Report to Camp; Traded to DAL for 2023 1st and 4th

RichieNextel305

4 hours ago, josh said:

yeah but it doesn’t look like that’s going very well for Drury 

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/nils-lundkvist-request-trade-last-season/

2 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

Outrageous that he would request a trade after getting sent down -- after sucking. 

Prospects are for the birds man. They all blow. 

1 hour ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I'm not sure I understand the tactic on his part. He didn't exactly shoot out the lights in Hartford. He should stay there and kick ass this year, even if he isn't traded. If he goes back to Sweden and has a strong year, it's just going to reinforce the narrative that his game doesn't translate to NA. Despite Brook's assurance, I'm feeling some Kravtsovesque petulance here.

36 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

If the Hayek, Georgiev, and Kravtzov sagas are any indication, Drury will take his sweet time and try (unsuccessfully) to maximize value in any any trade.

So this guy requested a trade last year after not making the starting lineup/roster?  That would make him a jackoff in my book. Sorry kid, you earned nothing, went to Hartford and then played meh? Changes the whole story of coming into this year I'm blocked have no chance here etc, if he did indeed want out last season. SMH.

What would a Barrett Hayton contract cost? Offer up Lundkvist and another piece for Haytons rights. I believe he still isn't signed which is kinda odd with camps opening up soon.

Kirby Dach is also not signed and the guy Phil mentioned Shane Bowers is also not signed. 

Just naming the unsigned RFA centers (according to sportrac https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/center/rfa/available/

)

I'd imagine they want to go young and inexpensive to swap in here. I don't see them getting a top prospect in return. It's going to have to be someone that is having trouble signing with their team. 

If not, they are going to have to make a package up and I guess aim higher for a RW or a legit 3 C. Chytil or Kakko would likely have to to bundled with Lundkvist to get an actual team need that fits under the cap. 

This sucks. I can see a massive hit in asset management happening, just to get value for this kid that should have been moved 2 years ago. Then again. Lundkvist isn't tied to Drury. So maybe he doesn't give a fuck and let's the kid rot in Sweden.  But again.  Asset management.   

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Yea, no one is going to the mat to defend Nils. Throw him in the bitchboy pile with Krav. Who cares? 

I think the difference is Gauthier & Schneider, in the respective situations. 

i don’t see many complaints about Schneider playing. Even on here, I don’t think we have a resident Schneider-hater, yet. 

On 9/4/2022 at 8:09 PM, Jdog99 said:

Id've thought Drury and co wouldve figured out how to unload these types of players BEFORE the trade request goes public and value tanks.

No shit. They all seem to drag out. Guy should have been dealt a year ago, now I'd struggle to give up a 2nd for him. 

Maybe they bought the hype.

Players have only a short career to make as much money as possible. It sucks to lose a prospect with this much of a ceiling but the writing is on the wall. He's not going to crack this lineup with the Depth on D we have and if he does manage to make the NHL roster, he'll be a 6th D at best. Not a good way to maximize your potential career earnings.

If all he is is a 6th or 7th Dman here, thats all other teams will see him as. If we wants to become a top 4 Dman, and more importantly, get paid like one, he has to find another team. Moving now could be the difference between being a guy who gets a couple mil per year on a few NHL contracts through his career vs. someone who gets to eventually sign a big ticket (or two)

• Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Players have only a short career to make as much money as possible. It sucks to lose a prospect with this much of a ceiling but the writing is on the wall. He's not going to crack this lineup with the Depth on D we have and if he does manage to make the NHL roster, he'll be a 6th D at best. Not a good way to maximize your potential career earnings.

If all he is is a 6th or 7th Dman here, thats all other teams will see him as. If we wants to become a top 4 Dman, and more importantly, get paid like one, he has to find another team. Moving now could be the difference between being a guy who gets a couple mil per year on a few NHL contracts through his career vs. someone who gets to eventually sign a big ticket (or two)

agreed.  players want an opportunity, especially talented ones

Send him to Yzerman. Make the cycle complete and accept ultimate failure from the McDonagh trade. 

Man..... If you think about it,  McDonagh (being a pretty good player) has been traded for absolute dogshit 3 times now. Yet he's still pretty much a top pairing or top 4 guy. 

• Like 1

How is it not a serious infraction/contract issue for these requests to get out in the public...its basically like a reverse form of tampering, with the player sort of indirectly going out to market while under contract. the player basically diminishes the value that he is under contract for.

48 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/rangers-offer-nils-lundkvist-on-table/amp/?fbclid=IwAR0K2Pt1OQLYtTuSKEFa8iKFJ9wX-OpAg1lKrA5DmTo4EgFV1o3vu6wsQW4

Would you take an early second rounder?

I would. He is a useless pawn for us at this point. The offers aren't getting better because he isnt playing in the NHL.

Is there all that much difference between a late 1 and an early 2?

Not really.

That said, I’d rather they get an actual body.

3 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Is there all that much difference between a late 1 and an early 2?

Not really.

That said, I’d rather they get an actual body.

There literally isn't. I forget who did the work years back, but basically, once you get to the back half of the first round, the odds of securing an NHL player drop astronomically, and the percentages between say pick 20 and pick 40 are irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

There literally isn't. I forget who did the work years back, but basically, once you get to the back half of the first round, the odds of securing an NHL player drop astronomically, and the percentages between say pick 20 and pick 40 are irrelevant.

Not that we signed him but Panarin was undrafted and Lundquist was a 7th rounder. The draft is a crapshoot after pick 1. (See pick #2 OA Kakko Kappo)

Clubs in need of right-side blueline depth, such as the Arizona Coyotes, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens and Vancouver Canucks, could express an interest in Lundkvist. Montreal Hockey Now's Marco D'Amico suggested the Canadiens could part with a prospect such as Riley Kidney or Jan Mysak given their recent additions of centers Sean Monahan and Kirby Dach.

Drury's handling of Kravtsov's situation suggests he'll take the same patient approach with Lundkvist. He could retain the young defenseman if no one meets his asking price. That risks Lundkvist refusing to report to camp but it won't hurt the Rangers' blueline depth for the coming season. 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/will-the-new-york-rangers-find-a-taker-for-nils-lundkvist

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

He can't get what he wants so he stifles the kids career, just to let him walk at the end of this contract? Sounds like the old "I'm taking my ball and going home." Not a fan of this train of thought. We all know his value isn't appreciating so take what you can and move on. Krav was different because we still had a spot for him when the smoke cleared. Nils is blocked for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

He can't get what he wants so he stifles the kids career, just to let him walk at the end of this contract? Sounds like the old "I'm taking my ball and going home." Not a fan of this train of thought. We all know his value isn't appreciating so take what you can and move on. Krav was different because we still had a spot for him when the smoke cleared. Nils is blocked for the foreseeable future.

Once a kid asks out, Drury's job is acting in the best interest of the team, not the kid.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 3

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Once a kid asks out, Drury's job is acting in the best interest of the team, not the kid.

Exactly this. I don't give a shit if you think I'm "stifling" your career. Your career is no longer my concern. Your value is. I'm going to maximize it or die trying.

• Bullseye 1