• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nils Lundkvist Won't Report to Camp; Traded to DAL for 2023 1st and 4th

RichieNextel305

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Strome barley missed a week with COVID. Multiple wingers were hurt all year.

Bottom line is VK would have had multiple chances if you just stayed in Hartford. 

Probs, but it wasn’t immediately. But that also assumes he’d be playing over guys that beat him out in camp - which doesn’t make sense 

3 minutes ago, josh said:

They were at 23 max. Got a spot when Strome went on Covid 

looks back through my “Drury doesn’t understand waivers” posts. 

Blais played his last game Nov 14th and was placed on LTIR Nov 16th. Again, your focusing on the minutiae of the point. Okay, it wasn’t days. It was weeks. So? 

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Blais played his last game Nov 14th and was placed on LTIR Nov 16th. Again, your focusing on the minutiae of the point. Okay, it wasn’t days. It was weeks. So? 

So why would Kravtsov get time over Gauthier, who beat him out at camp? Focus on the common sense 

To relate, look at gallants history of 3rd pairing Ds. He likes his big dudes. Still have Tinordi and Robertson on the left. Skinner on the right. 
plus Jones. 

there’s a huge lot jam. The kids doing this now because this is when it matters for his career. 

shit situation all around, which again, no one played it correctly. 

and I have no issue black balling or moving anyone that doesn’t want to play in NY (same with contract hold outs, fuck them all), but I hate seeing wasted picks and prospects - and we all should, regardless of which side you think wins the dick measuring competition. 

1 hour ago, josh said:

So why would Kravtsov get time over Gauthier, who beat him out at camp? Focus on the common sense 

Nice jab. Utterly unnecessary but nice jab. 

While we are on that topic of common sense, if Gauthier already made the team prior to the Blais injury, he can't exactly affect VKs callup in November can he? They still called up McKegg I believe. Blais played regularly up until his season ending injury. 14 games. Gauthier played only 6 games up to that point. In fact he was already playing 4th line minutes the day Blias ended his season so im not so sure GG was sold on Gaut. Whether it was Drury's choice or Gallant's to send Kravtsov down was never really confirmed as far as I know (it was Drury I think) but Gallant did praise Kravtsov right before the season and I have a feeling would have been receptive if VK was offered as a callup. 

I'm not sure why this is a hill worthy to die upon so can we possibly get back to why Nils is whining? 

I’m not jabbing.

but people use these internet gymnastics to trash non North American prospects when the rangers continually ruin their own picks. 

this is NOT new. I’ve been whining about this for over a decade and the top player developed in Hartford has been… idk, if we go back further, Fast??

the hill to die on is this is a huge reason the rangers can’t get over the hump. Outside of Shesterkin standing in his head, Panarin FA coming for a payday, and Fox forcing his way to NY, they’d still be an average non-playoff team.

2 hours ago, josh said:

Probs, but it wasn’t immediately. But that also assumes he’d be playing over guys that beat him out in camp - which doesn’t make sense 

It does make sense if the real reason for sending him down was what the team said it was. They said it was more for conditioning. So, if it was just conditioning,  I'd think he leapfrogs the guys (for playing time) who "beat" him out in camp, as those players didn't show much of anything in camp. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It does make sense if the real reason for sending him down was what the team said it was. They said it was more for conditioning. So, if it was just conditioning,  I'd think he leapfrogs the guys (for playing time) who "beat" him out in camp, as those players didn't show much of anything in camp. 

It wasn’t conditioning - those issues were under Quinn. He came back from his ankle injury, looked good and scored in a preseason game. 

even if the case, they had a 23 man roster and needed to send someone through waivers to bring him up. They never had anyone they could send down. Hajek was a no, Gauthier wasn’t playing, and they needed to bring up a C when Strome went on Covid. 

Ok, we had 729938383 pages about Kravtsov last season.

We can do a fool me once, and a fool me twice discussion and continue, but that’s done (until it happens to Kravtsov again in a month)

for Lundkvist, it’s a waiting game on both sides. 

34 minutes ago, josh said:

It wasn’t conditioning - those issues were under Quinn. He came back from his ankle injury, looked good and scored in a preseason game. 

even if the case, they had a 23 man roster and needed to send someone through waivers to bring him up. They never had anyone they could send down. Hajek was a no, Gauthier wasn’t playing, and they needed to bring up a C when Strome went on Covid. 

Could have sworn they said he was being sent down because he missed too much of pre season and they wanted him to get his legs going and work more on his defensive play..  it was my opinion that they just wanted to beef up the roster with Tinordi and Hunt to open the season against Wilson... and would soon call up Kravtsov and get to work. 

They had quite a few players that they could and should have sent down when Kravtsov was ready. I've talked repeatedly of these players (one especially) as players that still shouldn't have any solid ground to stand on as roster players.

I'm pretty sure they value the talent of their recent 1st round pick over the waiver fodder that still plagues this team. 

Maybe they send Lundkvist down at that time? Who knows when that time could have actually been. We'll never know because dipshit went home. 

Edited by The Dude

48 minutes ago, josh said:

I’m not jabbing.

but people use these internet gymnastics to trash non North American prospects when the rangers continually ruin their own picks. 

this is NOT new. I’ve been whining about this for over a decade and the top player developed in Hartford has been… idk, if we go back further, Fast??

the hill to die on is this is a huge reason the rangers can’t get over the hump. Outside of Shesterkin standing in his head, Panarin FA coming for a payday, and Fox forcing his way to NY, they’d still be an average non-playoff team.

I’m not using any internet gymnastics. Kravtsov legit was his own worst enemy last year. He blew his opportunity because it didn’t come when he specifically wanted it to come. I supported him last year initially because he’s just a kid but when you see the year play out, you see how he missed his own opportunity. To have another young guy not learn from that and repeat it a year later is just….odd. 

Regardless of Hartford, the Rangers have had plenty of non North Americans on their roster, many are literally celebrated here. Do you really think on this site here, there is an anti European bias among the regulars? The last decade has watched the Rangers go to a cup final and two semi finals all while tearing it down in between. They must be doing something right. And there have been plenty of Europeans among these groups. I’m just not getting this.

as for the top player developed in Hartford recently, the answer is Shesterkin. Chytil I guess played a good chunk of 17/18 in the AHL. DeAngelo spent time in Hartford. Lindgren did as well. Georgiev did as well. Pionk did as well. 

I don’t necessarily disagree that there are some issues in Hartford but I’m not really sure two guys refusing to report there or camp in the first place is evidence of anything more than entitlement. 
it’s not like either Lundkvist or Kravtsov dominated in the A. Both of those guys should  have made Or make it impossible to leave them off the roster in the first place. 

I mean, it’s one of those “if you’ve ever seen them play” scenarios.

they’re kids. They aren’t going to be stars tomorrow. You need to BUILD towards that. And you can’t do that without ice time an opportunity. Anyone remember what Kovalev, Zuccarello, Zibanejad, Kreider, Miller, et al looked like their first 20 games? Or fox, Trouba demanding to leave their previous orgs?

the guy who started this forum is literally time wasnt built in a day. 

Thise who have never seen them play have no clue what they are missing out on. 
“I saw a rookie Lundkvist play with Nemeth and that’s all I need to see”. 

5 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Agreed here. I mean, look at DeBrusk. He requested a trade a while back, but continued to play for the Bruins. 25 goals last season, rewarded with a $4mil per year contract that takes him to UFA after two more seasons and still on the block to get moved. Whether he stays or goes, he's finding NHL success by showing up and playing.

And rescinded his trade request.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, josh said:

I mean, it’s one of those “if you’ve ever seen them play” scenarios.

they’re kids. They aren’t going to be stars tomorrow. You need to BUILD towards that. And you can’t do that without ice time an opportunity. Anyone remember what Kovalev, Zuccarello, Zibanejad, Kreider, Miller, et al looked like their first 20 games? Or fox, Trouba demanding to leave their previous orgs?

the guy who started this forum is literally time wasnt built in a day. 

Thise who have never seen them play have no clue what they are missing out on. 
“I saw a rookie Lundkvist play with Nemeth and that’s all I need to see”. 

All that is fine and good and has validity. However, I’m not sure exactly how much we can actually do or that it fits here. Two semi finals and a trip to the cup finals in the last decade. They are doing something right. In reality, the only guy off the top of my head I can say they purely just gave up on for no apparent reason was JT Miller. I never understood him in that trade. 

Plus, in the prime Henrik days, we were a top team chasing a cup. From 13-16 we didn’t even have 1st rounders because we were chasing that cup. That’s the price you often pay. 

Fast forward to this current team and I’m not sure exactly what the organization is supposed to do. They certainly aren’t giving up on talent considering we are in the 4th year of Kakko, 5th year of Chytil, 3rd year of Alf. Regardless of where they were drafted, they still are here.  My two biggest gripes are Trouba given top dollar and Fox given 9m in a flat cap world just because you’re worried you might need to pay him a little more in his third contract. Considering Trouba was just named captain I’m willing to understand a bit more of what he brings that we can’t see. Fox is just Fox. Still would like both right now at 1-2m less but it is what it is. 

I’m still not sure any of this has to do with Lundkvist and his deciding it’s easier to tell a team I won’t report instead of reporting and showing them he is a must play. 

6 hours ago, josh said:

Blais was a third line winger. 

Kravtsov wasn't competing with Hajek or Reaves. 

• LindG1000 changed the title to Nils Lundkvist Won't Report to Camp; Traded to DAL for 2023 1st and 4th
  • Phil locked this topic