• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023 Reasonable Expectations

jsm7302

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

He's going to be on the 3rd line. I don't know how much you can expect from a guy getting those minutes. 

Do we see any scenario where he can earn a top 6 roster spot? Pretty sure we won't see him on a line with Panarin ever again. 

I totally hope it happens. Just don't see it with how the top 6 is likely to turn out. I'm figuring Kravtsov and Lafreniere with some Blais mixed in there are your top 6 RWs. Then the depth chart will be players Gallant has been forcing in there like Hunt, THEN  Kakko. That's just how it is right now. 

The fact he hasn't earned a top 6 roster spot is depressing.

30 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

The fact he hasn't earned a top 6 roster spot is depressing.

Well he's been banged up and Panarin publicly said he doesn't want him on his line. Kakko DID get shots with Panarin and a short bit with Kreider and Zibanejad. The start to the kids career has been a weird train wreck of misfortune. 

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well he's been banged up and Panarin publicly said he doesn't want him on his line. Kakko DID get shots with Panarin and a short bit with Kreider and Zibanejad. The start to the kids career has been a weird train wreck of misfortune. 

The fact the start to the kid's career has been a train wreck is depressing.

• Bullseye 1

On 9/15/2022 at 3:17 PM, rmc51 said:

I don’t see why Kreider wouldn’t get 35 with a shot for 40. The PP will still be incredibly deadly. He’ll still get gobs of goals in front.

Kreider 2019-2021 (first 2 years with Panarin and Zibanejad got good):

14.5 PPG / 82 GP

17.4 ES Goals / 82 GP

32 Goals / 82 GP

If not for covid he’d very likely have 2 30-35 goal seasons under his belt.

Last year (81 games so basically per 82):

26 ES Goals

26 PPG 

I see his ES goals normalizing back down to the 17 range. I see his PPG dipping some

back to ~18-20.

Lock: 25

Very likely: 30

Fairly likely: 35

Optimistic: 40

Drinking Blue Kool Aid: 45

Being a Rangers Twitter Fan on an Ozzy-level bender: 50+

He will still get his goals in front. For sure.

I don’t know however that we see 40+ from him again. 

In order to be that kind of scorer, you generally have to shoot it really well. He doesn’t. Graves had that one amazing year cleaning up in front. Never had more than I think 38 in any other season. 

32 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

He will still get his goals in front. For sure.

I don’t know however that we see 40+ from him again. 

In order to be that kind of scorer, you generally have to shoot it really well. He doesn’t. Graves had that one amazing year cleaning up in front. Never had more than I think 38 in any other season. 

I think Kreider is capable of 35.  I think I'd sign up for that right now.

Yukon is going to get 30 this season, and I think Trocheck is going to have one of those years where he and Panarin light the city on fire.  Panarin is going to have a career year this year....

Hey @Nashley Tisdale, Morph, and @Drew a Penalty....Is it time for the Ballsy thread yet???

I'm ready!! 

Rte Plotting GIF by Stellify Media

• The Chyt! 1

12 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think Kreider is capable of 35.  I think I'd sign up for that right now.

Yukon is going to get 30 this season, and I think Trocheck is going to have one of those years where he and Panarin light the city on fire.  Panarin is going to have a career year this year....

Hey @Nashley Tisdale, Morph, and @Drew a Penalty....Is it time for the Ballsy thread yet???

I'm ready!! 

Rte Plotting GIF by Stellify Media

Kreider is, I believe, a legitimate 35ish goal guy.

In fact, that probably should have happened prior to last season’s explosion.

It just didn’t. It just goes to show how you can never predict a guy’s development or career arc. 

But he’s not a 40+ guy. 
In this era, guys who score like that, are almost universally great shooters. He isn’t that. He’s about an above average to good shooter. He didn’t have 50 last year because of anything related to his shooting. 
It’s his hands in front of the net. His ability to deflect pucks and clean up in front. His size and speed in the open help too. But it’s not at all his shooting.
It will be hard to duplicate those numbers. 
Though I suppose it is possible on that PP and playing with Mika. Shots get through with those players and he gets opportunities.

Kreider goes from 52 to 35 goals and Zibanejad goes from 29 to 46.

Zib had a really "bad" goal scoring season last year. He's a way better goal scorer than 29 goals and Kreider is no-way a 50 goal scorer. They'll both probably be closer to their averages.

I'm ready for a 40g, 90p season from Zibanejad. He deserves much more praise for the post season he just had. 10 goals, 24p in 20 games is some superstar level shit.

• Cheers 1