• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #1: Rangers vs Islanders, 7pm — NHLN, MSG, MSG+

Phil

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Why was I under the impression Carpenter was more of a center? I know Goodrow can do both. I was expecting, and I guess still am, for it to be a combination of Goodrow, Reaves and Carpenter on the fourth line if Blais is going to get a look with Mika and Kreider.

Cause he is one, I just feel like they'll end up with Goodrow there.

I had the same line penciled in. It's probably what they'll start with. If Carpenter is as bad as he's been tonight, they'll dump him and call up Rydahl.

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Othmann has looked great. He’s going to need to blow the doors off though if he is going to make the team I would have to imagine.

No room for him and it looks like he still needs to put on some muscle 

edit: he’s going to be good though. Fun to watch.

Edited by siddious

Just now, Phil said:

Kravtsoft picking up right where he left off. Rangers LW is a murderers row. RW is a pillow factory.

Not what we hoped for, but again, he’s not the puck controller on a PP.

it’s like when I go play pick up basketball and everyone thinks I can dribble and distribute because im white. No dude. I can’t. 

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

Just now, josh said:

Not what we hoped for, but again, he’s not the puck controller on a PP.

it’s like when I go play pick up basketball and everyone thinks I can dribble and distribute because im white. No dude. I can’t. 

He's a guy playing for his life. Looks like the last three years of Jimmy Vesey.

25 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Why was I under the impression Carpenter was more of a center? I know Goodrow can do both. I was expecting, and I guess still am, for it to be a combination of Goodrow, Reaves and Carpenter on the fourth line if Blais is going to get a look with Mika and Kreider.

He is a center. I thought that was the appeal in signing him along with his PK prowess? Like I said weeks ago. He's not going to last long amongst the fans, but Gallant will give him tons of opportunities up and down the lineup. The new Hunt, but without the small group of fans who think he has any talent or use. 

If Othmann doesn't make the roster. I think the Rangers need to ask for him to be converted to center back in Jr's.  Even just an experiment for a few weeks. 

With little to prove, I'd think adding that challenge would get him motivated and into the scenario of being in Jr's again. Of course a little of RW too. Having him versatile gets him on the roster sooner and I think the team could really use his game and skillet, like now..

• Like 1

Thought Jones looked great. Miller looked like he's about to take another big step. Othmann looked like a guy who doesn't want to go back to Flint. Chytil looked strong. Rydahl and Reaves looked good. Thought Hajek was fine too - apparently, he played 20 minutes and was completely invisible, so...progress.

Sykora looked outmatched, which is to be expected since I think he's still 17.  Kravtsov looked bad. Carpenter blows.

Well mika and Miller look like they could 2v5 most teams so we have that going for us but jeez, VK and Kakko really showed absolutely nothing this game aside from their gaping vaginas. Wasn’t kakko the guy who was going to prove the coaches wrong for scratching him? 

Edited by Valriera