• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #1: Rangers vs Islanders, 7pm — NHLN, MSG, MSG+

Phil

1 minute ago, CCCP said:

I thought Kakks looked great. Controlled the puck in the o-zone and made plays. I guess you could say he sucked if you only looking for goals scored. 

Only 1v5 goals count.

im actually just looking for our #2 overall bust of a draft pick to do a little more than control play along the boards with his giant body. I’m assuming he has 18-25 Rick Nash in him instead of post concussion Rick Nash and I’m expecting it to happen this year, which at this point is probably a shared expectation 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If Othmann doesn't make the roster. I think the Rangers need to ask for him to be converted to center back in Jr's.  Even just an experiment for a few weeks. 

With little to prove, I'd think adding that challenge would get him motivated and into the scenario of being in Jr's again. Of course a little of RW too. Having him versatile gets him on the roster sooner and I think the team could really use his game and skillet, like now..

I've been thinking of that, too. C or RW. Like tying one hand behind his back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

Damn ,and I thought it was because of the Rangers great play

Who said it had to be one or the other? Can one team be good and another team also be bad at the same time? 

Point is, when good teams beat bad teams, you're not learning anything. 

Edited by Pete

Rather a W than all of the bitching that would have come following a L. We'll have plenty of opportunity to be miserable. 😆 

Actually, I thought our squad played like a group. We were having fun and making plays. Miller's play alone is inspiring for fans to see. Certainly a few more tweaks needed but this Rangers team is trending the right way. LFGR!

I turned on right before Miller’s shortie and fell asleep after the 2nd. The one player who really stood out for me was Jones. Always involved in the play when he was on the ice. Controlling the puck, skating all over the ice (in a good way), breaking up plays in the D-zone and topped it off with a nice one-timer.

Jones vs Hajek shouldn’t be a thing. The spot is Jones to lose.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1

Just now, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I turned on right before Miller’s shortie and fell asleep after the 2nd. The one player who really stood out for me was Jones. Always involved in the play when he was on the ice. Controlling the puck, skating all over the ice (in a good way), breaking up plays in the D-zone and topped it off with a nice one-timer.

Jones vs Hajek shouldn’t be a thing. The spot is Jones to lose.

Let’s hope gallant sees it that way. He’s fast as fuck. And I didn’t think Hajek was bad last night but he just isn’t good enough at anything to warrant that spot. He would make a decent 7th d- just fill

innwhen there’s an injury. 

• Like 1

• Phil unpinned this topic

And a great big WELCOME BACK!!!

Finally!!!!  ....The Rock has come back to....ahhh you know the rest!!!

........And here are the Top 7 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by "Rugs R Us"...the official hair weave of NY Rangers announcers everywhere!

15 hours ago, josh said:

Lane Lambert. Sounds like the name of a failed super villain 

15 hours ago, josh said:

LOLthmann 

we going to love that kid. Plus he’s going to get Lafreniere to step up his assholeness 

15 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Jimmy cracked corn and I don’t care!! 1st goal - yessss!!!

15 hours ago, josh said:

Think my fantasy team going to be Vesey like Sunday Morning

15 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I can get use to Kenny and Joe

14 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

One for Captain Rook!

14 hours ago, josh said:

Bro your stream is lagging 

14 hours ago, Phil said:

No way. Just saw Vesey scored from Hayes!

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @josh, who was on fire last night!

This is just to get back in the groove.  The official “Ozzy Quote of the GDT” will begin with the Regular Season.

Holy shit it's great to watch these guys again!  This Othmann kid looks really good and I like some of the grit in the new kids!  ....and Zibby's hair looks like a fucking parachute! 

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Always nice to beat the Islanders, but are the Rangers as good as they looked or are the Islanders that bad?

I think several rangers had strong games, not to say the team was great.

islanders were bad. Bad bad.

• VINNY! 1

10 hours ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

If I was Drury, I would get K' Andre's signature on a team friendly deal ASAP; barring injury, he is taking a huge leap this season with that combination of physical tools, skating, and now it looks like confidence.

Do you think that we could get done 7 years X 6 million? 

I'd rather 5 X 4-5. Let's not Fox ourselves and pay top dollar right away. 

I don’t think Miller has brought more to the team than Lindgren, but he was a higher draft pick with a better offensive pedigree in college. Lindgren got 3x3. I don’t see why Miller should command more than ~$3.5-4M on a 2-3 year bridge, unless he turns up the offensive production this year.

Agree that a long term 5 yr+ deal, even at current production, is well over $5M and into the 6s.

• Like 2

I'm curious to see Miller this season.  This year is the one I expect to see him grab this by the nuts, and show that he CAN be a top line defenseman.  I like K' a lot but I really wish he had that natural mean streak in him....

4 hours ago, rmc51 said:

I don’t think Miller has brought more to the team than Lindgren

Please review the play where Miller drew the penalty in OT of Game 7 against Pittsburgh.

That said, Ozzy's observation about the mean streak is correct.  He'll never have that, but he can learn to take advantage of his size a bit more without it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sod16 said:

Please review the play where Miller drew the penalty in OT of Game 7 against Pittsburgh.

That said, Ozzy's observation about the mean streak is correct.  He'll never have that, but he can learn to take advantage of his size a bit more without it.

Please review how the Rangers looked without Lindgren against the Pens 😉

I’m not knocking Miller. He makes plenty of coverage mistakes, but he is a good player with raw abilities and the potential to be great. He can obviously do things with his skill that Lindgren cannot. He also obviously doesn’t do them enough when he had 20 points on the year in over 20 minutes a night.

A bridge deal is about what a player is worth today, rather than the potential for tomorrow. Today, I don’t think he makes the team better than Lindgren does. Tomorrow he probably does. I still think a bridge should be Lindgren range if they go that route, with a small premium paid for the pedigree I mentioned earlier. I wouldn’t blame them for going long term. I probably wouldn’t. I’d rather go long term on Lafreniere, bridge on Miller. There’s only so much money and I’d commit to the star potential at forward first.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 1