• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Opening Night Line-Up

MuddyInTheMiddle

43 minutes ago, josh said:

He was still developing going into that season. He really exceeded expectations with his output last season. I doubt there was a thought of him moving over, or potentially make the team this season. Unlike Panarin and Lafreniere where they rely on their special moves on the boards, he should be able to shift over and still be effective. The skills he brings could really fit well with some of those LWs, and he could slowly transition by playing a simple game. Skate, shoot and get to the net. Other than that, get ready to shoot. 

if he goes back to junior, he should certainly try the off wing and some C. He has the versatility like a Miller, and that would be a huge benefit for the team in the future, and gets him more ice time with the Rangers, sooner. 

U rite. 

I'm sure the organization would love if he could play all three forward positions. 

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm thinking if the Rangers saw him at RW, he'd have played there last season. It's not like they didn't know they were light on the right.

True. Round peg meet square hole. He isnt going to be there because he isnt a RW. Much easier for us armchair Coaches and GMs to dictate that from online but honestly. The guy has made the NHL playing the only position he knows how. It isnt like he lit the place up with everything that is known and natural to him so putting him in a foreign position is a lil bit silly.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:16 AM, Phil said:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Blais
Panarin-Trocheck-Kravtsov
Lafrenière-Chytil-Kakko

Vesey-Goodrow-Reaves

Carpenter

Lindgren-Fox

Miller-Trouba

Jones-Schneider

Hajek

Shesterkin

Halak

Phil, you working for the coaching staff?!

It's really depressing to see the kid line apparently in the plans again.

If the Rangers think that Laf will not draw an offer sheet next year they are deluding themselves.  Can't hide him on the 3rd line and watch him produce 3rd line numbers and keep him also.

16 minutes ago, leetchy2 said:

Kreids - Zib - Vesey

Bread - Troch - Kravsov

Laffy - Chytil - Kakko

Goodrow - Carp - Blais

Jones - Schneider

My original thought was.....lay off the sauce, it is only Monday and isn't even a game night....then it marinated a little bit and......if he keeps his play up like he has all preseason...yea, try it. He is no less capable than Blais, Goodrow or *bleh* Hunt.

Lafreniere - Zibanejad- Kreider

Panarin - Trocheck - Kravtsov 

goodrow - Chytil - Kakko

Vesey  - Carpenter - Hunt (Reaves)

option 2

Kreider - Zibanejad - Kakko

Panarin - Trocheck- Vesey/Hunt 

Lafreniere- Chytil - Kravtsov 

Goodrow - Carpenter - Reaves

i realized I forgot someone. Oh well. Maybe it’s a sign 

If the kid line is clearly buzzing like they were for most of the playoffs, the Rangers need to seriously re-configure lines.

Panarin - Zibanejad - Kreider

Lafreniere - Chytil - Kakko

Blais - Trocheck - Kravtsov

Don’t be afraid to get creative. Move Kreider over. Stack line 1. Drop Tro to 3rd line. This is about the only way to get the kids legitimately more ice time and roles without taking it away from your best players.

Edited by rmc51

8 hours ago, Karan said:

This thread has sadly made me realize how fucked we are at the #2 RW spot. I'm sure I'll get heavily flamed for this, but I've absolutely no confidence in Kravtsov or Kakko stepping up adequately to produce in that spot.

Unfortunately it looks like they're trotting out the same team they did last year, without the chemistry they had on the second line (the Devil you know, eh?).

Frankly, at this point, we really just need to see what happens during the early stages of the regular season. Chemistry takes time to develop and it doesn't always happen in training camp.

Everything that's being proposed is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Putting Laf on left and Kreider on right is just going to be a marginal difference. Laf shows no signs of being on the same page as the other two. 

Will probably know by the end of October based on Igor's play if this is seriously a playoff year. If it's not, then you have to reconsider your room. 

Edited by Pete
  • VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

12 hours ago, Karan said:

This thread has sadly made me realize how fucked we are at the #2 RW spot. I'm sure I'll get heavily flamed for this, but I've absolutely no confidence in Kravtsov or Kakko stepping up adequately to produce in that spot.

Who’s gonna flame you for this? Lol is there ANYONE that has utmost confidence from either? Some of us have wishful feelings but neither has shown too much. This is Kakkos 4th kick of the can. My god. 

46 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Who’s gonna flame you for this? Lol is there ANYONE that has utmost confidence from either? Some of us have wishful feelings but neither has shown too much. This is Kakkos 4th kick of the can. My god. 

One man and one man only... @Ozzy

🤫

• Bullseye 1

Just now, Karan said:

One man and one man only... @Ozzy

🤫

Never!  LOL

I can't argue either of those points....first off, You guys know I'd LOVE to see Kakko breakout this year....and secondly, I'm really pulling for Kravtsov.  He's not exactly been doing a whole lot to get on our good side out there, but I'm willing to for-go last year's bullshit...I'm really looking forward to these first few games.  I'm hoping he's going to get his shit in gear!

I said I was gonna give everyone a fair shake, and I'm including Kravvy and Chytil.