• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #2: Rangers @ Bruins, 7pm — NHLN, NESNplus, MSG

Phil

• Phil unpinned this topic
14 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Man, some things just never change. Seeing #12 charge hard to the net and doing nothing with it is like riding a rage bike.

The lack of support is even more disheartening. Nobody there with him at the goal mouth to pass to or get a rebound.  I'll always like a player that can sustain pressure all on his own. That cut to the net should heed his linemates to surround the net or crash it to force that puck through. Nah. They stay by the boards or evacuate the zone instead of getting dirty. 

Edited by The Dude

26 minutes ago, siddious said:

Keep trying Gauthier.. one of these seasons you’ll get that cut to the net goal. 

Right.  But they guys with whom he's competing would not even have gotten near the goal on those plays.

Like last year, JBrod looks like a better option than Hunt.  Faster, better penalty killer, better potential to score a goal once in a while.

I'm hoping Carpenter doesn't have this "I Played for Gallant Before" card, which you keep in your wallet like a Police Benevolent Association card and flash when you get pulled over for a ticket (or put on waivers).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

Right.  But they guys with whom he's competing would not even have gotten near the goal on those plays.

Like last year, JBrod looks like a better option than Hunt.  Faster, better penalty killer, better potential to score a goal once in a while.

I'm hoping Carpenter doesn't have this "I Played for Gallant Before" card, which you keep in your wallet like a Police Benevolent Association card and flash when you get pulled over for a ticket (or put on waivers).

At this point I’d play rydahl and Vesey over any of those guys. Particularly hunt who is the worst player this team has had since lemieux. I haven’t even noticed carpenter. 

Halak looked sharp too. I think that’ll be a very underrated upgrade, having a legitimate backup goalie. Georgiev, as a backup, was awful. His talent level is there. But he needs to play in a stretch to look good. His job as a backup to arguably the worlds best goalie didn’t call for that, barring injury. When he played his one game in every 2 weeks, he looked rusty and sometimes took all night to find rhythm. On top of that, due to his belief that his talent level dictated more playing time, his attitude seemed to suck. It was a good breakup for both parties. He may well excel in Colorado, but it obviously wasn’t going to happen here. And having a veteran behind Igor who has endured everything the NHL can throw at him as far as playing time goes will do nothing but help IMO. Halak is a real pro and was a good signing.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

One small complaint. Lafreniere is doing his gain the zone and curl mid way up the boards again.  Not good. Kid line was at its best when they would all Gauthier it up and bring it to the net or down low. Trying to slow down the game and set up hasn't worked for Lafreniere, especially with that move. It's become his M.O. and teams eat him up on most attempts.  

No GDT today but some noteworthy stuff here:

12 hours ago, josh said:

Lindgren bleeding - drink!

@Ozzy you need a hashtag for these 

This is getting fixed now!  Great call @josh!!!

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

Gauthier having a hell of a game. Seeing him in that 12 is so reminiscent of the great Matt Puempel days.

Can't wait for our first meet-up! 

9 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Halak looked sharp too. I think that’ll be a very underrated upgrade, having a legitimate backup goalie. Georgiev, as a backup, was awful. His talent level is there. But he needs to play in a stretch to look good. His job as a backup to arguably the worlds best goalie didn’t call for that, barring injury. When he played his one game in every 2 weeks, he looked rusty and sometimes took all night to find rhythm. On top of that, due to his belief that his talent level dictated more playing time, his attitude seemed to suck. It was a good breakup for both parties. He may well excel in Colorado, but it obviously wasn’t going to happen here. And having a veteran behind Igor who has endured everything the NHL can throw at him as far as playing time goes will do nothing but help IMO. Halak is a real pro and was a good signing.

I was pretty impressed with Halak last night.  Good positioning and pretty good rebound control.  I keep forgetting he's 36, not fucking 86!!  I think he's going to be a very capable backup.  ...I'm thinking he probably plays about 25-30 games this season.