• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #3: Rangers vs Devils, 7pm — NHLN, MSG, MSGSN

Phil

• Phil unpinned this topic
5 hours ago, josh said:

The one time he wasn’t with Kreider and Zibanejad, they scored. lol 

put him on the 4th line where he belongs 

I'm not sure why we're going through this ritual of Blais on the top line.  Does anyone really believe he will last there long term?

Lafreniere was a bright spot in an otherwise meh game.

Out shot 36-17.

I think they should keep that kid line together, put Krav with Panarin, and keep Blais on the top line for now. 

They have options with all the wings they have. It was his first game in 11 months. I'm not sure what anybody was expecting. There's bound to be rust.

But they have time to work it out, And he'll probably get hurt, so I hope smooth and easy Jimmy Vesey is ready to go. 

• Keeps it 100 1

57 minutes ago, Pete said:

Lafreniere was a bright spot in an otherwise meh game.

Out shot 36-17.

I think they should keep that kid line together, put Krav with Panarin, and keep Blais on the top line for now. 

They have options with all the wings they have. It was his first game in 11 months. I'm not sure what anybody was expecting. There's bound to be rust.

But they have time to work it out, And he'll probably get hurt, so I hope smooth and easy Jimmy Vesey is ready to go. 

I actually agree with all of this for now.

I get what Gallant is doing here. In an ideal world, having the Mika/Kreider combo on 1 line, Panarin on another line and then if the Kid Line can produce gives you 3 lines of production.

Ideally, Blais can contribute enough to not be an anchor and Panarin can put Kravtsov in a position to have success and the Kids continue to gain chemistry. If it takes off, you’re a tough team to defend. If not, you adjust as the season progresses. And maybe investigate the trade market at some point (AKA, wait for the Blackhawks to implode).

Very encouraged with the way Lafreniere looks. I think 30 goals is really not out of the question for him. The talent is there, the hustle is there. Really like the way the kid looks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I actually agree with all of this for now.

I get what Gallant is doing here. In an ideal world, having the Mika/Kreider combo on 1 line, Panarin on another line and then if the Kid Line can produce gives you 3 lines of production.

Ideally, Blais can contribute enough to not be an anchor and Panarin can put Kravtsov in a position to have success and the Kids continue to gain chemistry. If it takes off, you’re a tough team to defend. If not, you adjust as the season progresses. And maybe investigate the trade market at some point (AKA, wait for the Blackhawks to implode).

Very encouraged with the way Lafreniere looks. I think 30 goals is really not out of the question for him. The talent is there, the hustle is there. Really like the way the kid looks.

Yeah, there's also not a doubt in my mind that a right wing is going back the other way in any Patrick Kane trade, whether that's VK or KK is anybody's guess. Probably depends on who's having the better season. 

13 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah, there's also not a doubt in my mind that a right wing is going back the other way in any Patrick Kane trade, whether that's VK or KK is anybody's guess. Probably depends on who's having the better season. 

Yep, one of them likely for sure would be in a Kane trade.

If I absolutely had to guess, barring him exploding on the scene, I’d lean toward to it likely being Kravtsov.

Heading to the Rock this evening to watch this game. Hoping Trouba puts a hurting on someone. Also looking forward to judging Krav with an eye test tonight. LETS GO RANGERS!!! Here is to hoping I get out without getting spit on.

Edited by jsm7302
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Heading to the Rock this evening to watch this game. Hoping Trouba puts a hurting on someone. Also looking forward to judging Krav with an eye test tonight. LETS GO RANGERS!!! Here is to hoping I get out without getting spit on.

I haven't been there myself yet, and they aren't open for pre-season games, but a few blocks away is Hobby's Deli at 32 Branford Place. Legit old-school Jewish deli from what I've been told. Heading there if my Red Bulls have a home playoff game in Oct.

Hobby's Delicatessen Newark NJ

1 hour ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

I haven't been there myself yet, and they aren't open for pre-season games, but a few blocks away is Hobby's Deli at 32 Branford Place. Legit old-school Jewish deli from what I've been told. Heading there if my Red Bulls have a home playoff game in Oct.

Hobby's Delicatessen Newark NJ

Thanks for the referral. I work accross the street from Prudential and a co-worker got lunch there last week and was telling me about it. He raved about it. 

• Cheers 1