• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #5: Rangers vs Bruins, 7pm — TNT

Phil

52 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Would be kind of funny if Drury would send down Kravtsov.  I think he had a better training camp last year until he got injured

He’s trying to play a more complete game. I think he’s doing that, but he’s not standing out like he probably needs to do. 

3 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Really shows how much we rely on Shesterkin, but at the same time swap Bartkowski-Hajek for Lindgren-Fox and things get better too. Kravtsov was invisible, total non-factor. He might have more trade value if we don't play him.

In every single game thus far.

He has no trade value whatsoever.

Rewatched the Pasta goal. How was that not icing? Isn’t icing dictated by a race to the hash marks? Hajek won the race. But now they’re saying the player closest to the puck since it wrapped around the net was a Bruin. What? So confused. Ever since they did away with the touch for the icing, the new rule has had some gray areas that need clearing up IMO.

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Rewatched the Pasta goal. How was that not icing? Isn’t icing dictated by a race to the hash marks? Hajek won the race. But now they’re saying the player closest to the puck since it wrapped around the net was a Bruin. What? So confused. Ever since they did away with the touch for the icing, the new rule has had some gray areas that need clearing up IMO.

I miss the touch for icing. Those races were awesome. Such a simple rule change but it def took some excitement from the game flow.

Kid Line only one good 5-5.  Just like the playoffs.  Trocheck bad bad and bad.   It won't take many plays like that Reilly goal to turn the board against him.  I know.  It's just preseason.

There will come a season when Halak just isn't good anymore.  I hope it's not this one. 

15 minutes ago, Pete said:

inB4 "R@ngErS rUinEd Kr@vtSoV!"

He's stunk so far.

Almost like if he spent last season playing in NA on a smaller rink, it might have helped him adjust. 

Yeah. I mean it’s not gonna be said a lot because the Rangers are hoping he steps up and produces, because if not their hands are tied anyway. But not impressive at all. Has missed on several great chances, not noticeable otherwise. Not a good preseason.

3 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Let's give him 20 regular season games and take it from there.  Ill throw this out there....anyone wanna see Laf play with Trochek? I do.

You can't just give a guy 20 games to start a season when history says of you're not in the playoffs picture by US Thanksgiving, you likely won't be. 

The expectation is different now. VK should have come over and stayed while the team sucked. Now there's much less room for patience (especially with a kid who's attitude is "Top 6 or KHL". 

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

You can't just give a guy 20 games to start a season when history says of you're not in the playoffs picture by US Thanksgiving, you likely won't be. 

The expectation is different now. VK should have come over and stayed while the team sucked. Now there's much less room for patience (especially with a kid who's attitude is "Top 6 or KHL". 

He knows we need him and we know we need him. He is at a position of advantage. Ill compromise...10 games? Panarin has obviously taken to him a bit.