• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kratzzzzoff

LeetchHOF

If giving Kravtsov 10-15 games will ruin our season I'm really interested to hear what player we need to play in his spot instead to not fuck up the season. Hunt? Vesey? Gauthier?

Panarin played most of last regular season with Hunt as his RW. I'm fairly confident having Kravtsov on his RW for 10-15 games won't ruin our season.

He had a good pre season last year and was sent down. Maybe he studied Gauthier and Hunt's pre sason last year and did what they did to secure his spot his season.

• Like 2
  • Bullseye 2

17 hours ago, LeetchHOF said:

Is it just me or is this guy literally the worst player on the roster?  Slow, weak, lazy….seriously, unless they are trying to “showcase” him (lol) for a trade, why is he still here?

You made an account to make this thread, say "trade Panarin" and "hell no" to Patrick Kane. Interesting lol. Do you have a realistic option for the Rangers top 6 RW next season or you just want to ramble on about the players you don't like?

• LOL 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

27 minutes ago, Phil said:

Re: Lafreniere at RW, I think it's hyper relevant to this conversation, even though we could probably have a deeper one separately. I'm also not entirely sure how to read that situation. Do they intend to switch him? Probably not, but they've tried it repeatedly, which suggests they're not exactly closed off to the idea. But from my thousand foot view, he's a better, more promising solution to the team's RW woes than Kravtsov has been to date.

Lafreniere would have had all summer to prepare for RW. Him being on the left out of the gate tells me that the Rangers told him to do no such thing. It’s an assumption that I can’t prove, but I think it’s a good one. On top of that, after the deadline they immediately put Vatrano and Copp on the right in the top 6. Lafreniere back to the left. During the playoffs when there was some lineup shaking, I recall Chytil getting a test drive on the right with Kreids/Zibs. Maybe Lafreniere got a sniff on the right in there somewhere, I don’t remember. So they’ve chosen many players to slot onto the right rather than stick with Lafreniere there. The signals all say they want him on the left.

I think for them to pivot and switch him to the right at this point would have to be driven out of desperation rather than intention, so I don’t really view him as a legitimate option right now.

21 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

You made an account to make this thread, say "trade Panarin" and "hell no" to Patrick Kane. Interesting lol. Do you have a realistic option for the Rangers top 6 RW next season or you just want to ramble on about the players you don't like?

ADA's burner....

He'S BaCk!!!...and he has a motive!  

Ill Be Back Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF

Sounds like a great movie trailer right??  LOL

8 hours ago, Bugg said:

There are more than a few 1st round picks on the waiver wire-Lias Anderson, Sonny Milano. Drury owes this guy nothing. 

You'd think Milano would have gotten a PTO here. Maybe he signs with Hartford. He's a NY guy. 

Drury should try to gobble up as much borderline NHL talent as he can and stash it it Hartford.  I have a feeling they are going to need plenty of options. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LeetchHOF said:

Is it just me or is this guy literally the worst player on the roster?  Slow, weak, lazy….seriously, unless they are trying to “showcase” him (lol) for a trade, why is he still here?

Some of ya'll need to chillax with the kid. Give him 25 games to develop. If nothing then, fine. But some of ya'll act as if he is a 10 year veteran who is now sucking. He is a young kid, still learning the game. Geez. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

35 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

Some of ya'll need to chillax with the kid. Give him 25 games to develop. If nothing then, fine. But some of ya'll act as if he is a 10 year veteran who is now sucking. He is a young kid, still learning the game. Geez. 

Well said, Kravtsov’s agent. 

• LOL 2
  • LMFAO 3

7 hours ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

If he was playing here two years ago or even last year, I might buy this - the franchise was in a semi-rebuild, young players were starting their careers. But they're not rebuilding anymore. RW is a huge weakness for them and they can't waste a season, or a significant portion of a season, hoping this kid can find something and become the player he was purported to be when he was drafted - especially when we're sitting in his D+4 year. 

But... they are developing. They have to. Lafreniere, Chytil, Kakko , Schneider and even Miller are still super young and have yet to really hit their stride or reach their potential.  Those guys are going on how man years of developing? But Kravtsov is held to some other standard?  I myself, was expecting better from him. I haven't been very impressed this preseason. But, I really can't say they have any other choice but to go with him. We've already seen him play better than what we are seeing right now. I think he will put it together.

It's a spot they can afford to take a chance on, considering what he is replacing.  Atleast there's the upside there. He can only be better. Right now he's already better than what he is replacing. This is what we all (or atleast many of us) demanded.  Give the kids a chance to play with the top players.  Well? Here it is. 

Everyone was saying that this team is expected to take a step back.

Their window to go for it was last season. Now they are replacing some missing pieces that were never really big time fixtures on the roster to begin with--- after acquiring them at the deadline . This was known.  They are also replacing their 2nd line center that had great chemistry with the top winger on the team.  

How exactly is the rebuild over? The developing, rebuilding, retooling, whatever you want to call it, is that step back we all knew was going to happen. We all knew the kids were going to have to step up and that it would be a learning process.  

I'm not sure what some people are expecting.  Seems like some forgot about the step back. 

5 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

If giving Kravtsov 10-15 games will ruin our season I'm really interested to hear what player we need to play in his spot instead to not fuck up the season. Hunt? Vesey? Gauthier?

Ummm, maybe play a player who's thoroughly outplayed him, in Vesey? Yea, it almost sounds like playing the players who are playing the best hockey gives you the best chance to win. Cray, I know.

He had a good pre season last year and was sent down.

He played 1.5 games in preseason LOL.

1 hour ago, Mdk154 said:

He could and should have been learning the NHL game for years. He fucked himself.

Now he's behind and doesn't deserve 25 games to develop at the expense of the team.

6 hours ago, CCCP said:

We need VK to succeed. We have no one on RW.  And even if we get Kane at the deadline, it still leaves another top 6 RW position empty. If he doesnt, that'll mean the offseason was a waste and the team did not improve in that position.  We have to root for this kid. No other choice really. 

I'm more concerned about the big payday they gave to Trocheck than I am about if, how and when Kravtsov will put it all together. I'm more concerned about if the kid line will stay together and produce. 

Let's wait and see if Trocheck is a big mistake before we think this team is done rebuilding. That looks like a much bigger issue to me. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

He could and should have been learning the NHL game for years. He fucked himself.

Now he's behind and doesn't deserve 25 games to develop at the expense of the team.

We all know there’s only one place you can learn the NHL game. 

hint: it’s not in Hartford 

6 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Sit Down My Bad GIF by JMatt

Yeaaahhh! GAUT......nevermind.

Edited by The Dude
  • LMFAO 3

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Ummm, maybe play a player who's thoroughly outplayed him, in Vesey? Yea, it almost sounds like playing the players who are playing the best hockey gives you the best chance to win. Cray, I know.

So, Gauthier should make the team over Blais and Hunt?  Jones over Miller and... every D man? Rydahl over Trocheck?

Why does this formula only work when talking about Kravstov? 

• Bullseye 1

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So, Gauthier should make the team over Blais and Hunt?  Jones over Miller and... every D man? Rydahl over Trocheck?

Why does this formula only work when talking about Kravstov? 

Because Gauthier sucks and wouldn't be the best player on my beer league team which I haven't played on in 2 years since I got my hip replaced and I'm probably better than he is even on one leg. 

• LMFAO 1

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

Because Gauthier sucks and wouldn't be the best player on my beer league team which I haven't played on in 2 years since I got my hip replaced and I'm probably better than he is even on one leg. 

Edibles kicked in 

Edited by Keirik
  • Like 1
  • LMFAO 2
  • VINNY! 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Last year’s fans:

”bruh, it was preseason and only a couple games, doesn’t mean anything, chill”

This year’s fans after 3 preseason games:

“bruh, he looks like shit and is the worst player on the team, send him back to the ussr”

1 hour ago, Pete said:

But.   But... He outplayed guys in preseason. You know.  Like that awesome guy Vesey that you're propping up as some deserving  talent (despite a career of futility)  

As long as you outplay the competition, you deserve the job.  That's kinda what you're saying. 

Is it a thing for Vesey or a distinct dislike for Kravstov that has you moving the goalposts here on how preseason competition works? 

Don't forget Vesey bitched his way out of 2 organizations before coming to the Rangers. Kravstov is still here after all his bullshit (which he claims was whatever percent false).

Edited by The Dude

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But.   But... He outplayed guys in preseason. You know.  Like that awesome guy Vesey that you're propping up as some deserving  talent (despite a career of futility)  

As long as you outplay the competition, you deserve the job.  That's kinda what you're saying. 

Is it a thing for Vesey or a distinct dislike for Kravstov that has you moving the goalposts here on how preseason competition works? 

Don't forget Vesey bitched his way out of 2 organizations before coming to the Rangers. Kravstov is still here after all his bullshit (which he claims was whatever percent false).

Gauthier hasn't outplayed anyone. 

Vesey sucks. He's trash. I know this. We all do. But he scored more goals in one season as a Ranger than Gauthier has in his career. 

And yet somehow he's thoroughly outplaying your boy and every other jerkoff in camp.

BTW... I was kidding. I'm not better than Gauthier. But he does suck. 

51 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Last year’s fans:

”bruh, it was preseason and only a couple games, doesn’t mean anything, chill”

This year’s fans after 3 preseason games:

“bruh, he looks like shit and is the worst player on the team, send him back to the ussr”

He's the most underperforming player in camp every preseason he's here for. 

56 minutes ago, Pete said:

Gauthier hasn't outplayed anyone. 

Vesey sucks. He's trash. I know this. We all do. But he scored more goals in one season as a Ranger than Gauthier has in his career. 

And yet somehow he's thoroughly outplaying your boy and every other jerkoff in camp.

BTW... I was kidding. I'm not better than Gauthier. But he does suck. 

But he has. He's played very well. I believe 2 goals called back that shouldn't have been. He was better than Blais, Goodrow, Hunt, Carpenter and Kravtsov.  

You unintentionally helped me make my point. Vesey sucks. You know  it. We all do. So THAT is why some of us think picking the somewhat unknown/untested in Kravtsov is the way to go right now. 

You said it. "Vesey sucks". So who cares how good he is in preseason? Who cares how many he scores in preseason? We know what he is. Just like we (well not all of us) know what Gauthier is.  It's a waste to invest time in Vesey. It's not a waste to invest time in Kravstov. We know what Vesey is. We have yet to see a large enough sample size of Kravstov to say anything. 

Is it bullshit that he got his way and walked his way into the top 6? Sure. I guess I can agree with you on that.

Then again, I prefer it when a prospect gets put into a role that suites his supposed skill set, instead of working their way up from a checking role. Look what that did to Kakko. Look how it's stalled Lafreniere. Chytil has been playing with the crap that has been the bottom 6 for 4 years now.  Look at their development. It shouldn't even be a question as to what these guys are at this point, but there's legit reason as to why it's like that.

They haven't been put in a situation to succeed or to gain confidence while riding coattails of the teams top players. That chance was given to shit players like Blackwell, Hunt, DiGuseppe, Fast and now you are OK with going with Vesey?

Be happy.  Atleast one of the kids is getting the proper opportunity.  

The last time that happened the Rangers discovered they had a PPG player on their hands. Then traded him, because....... Well he was always going to be traded because he took so long to develop and the team had waaayyy better players coming up through the system (who haven't played as well as Buchnevich did, even in his down, unacceptable production years)   

Point? Play the prospects with good players. Don't play Jimmy Vesey.