• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kratzzzzoff

LeetchHOF

4 hours ago, Pete said:

What grudge?

The people that are saying he's had a crappy postseason are just stating a fact, it's got nothing to do with what he did last year. 

It most certainly does.

Really man?

How many times do we have to hear that he should be ahead of where people think his development is now, because  (paraphrasing and broad stroking) "he should have been here last year instead of quitting on his team like a bitch boy". Its literally in most every post about the kid (that isn't positive or hopeful). 

Come on now. It's pretty much the first thing out if people's mouths. 

• Keeps it 100 1

7 hours ago, Mdk154 said:

Exactly. People wanna judge him on his pre season yet you have 10 year veterans who have sucked all pre season. Holding them to the same standards, or nah? 

Just so idiotic some want to give up on a really talented young kid after a few marginal pre season games, knowing people are talking about him constantly. People wanna say he quit on his team, yet he is here, took whatever shots the media wanted to give him, and he is working. Those who quit have already been traded.

Yeah..lets dump him for nothing but keep hunt.

Dumb

I understand the frustration of those who are reacting this way. The team just can't develop forwards, no matter where they draft them. Kravtsov was drafted before Kakko and Lafreniere. Yet, he's still not ready, nor does he have enough experience at the NA ice/game. 

It's annoying.  Why can't they pump our forwards at the pace they have pumped out  D men? 

Why are most Ranger forward prospects skipping the AHL? Why is there a strong desire for any forward who does go there, to get the hell out of there before putting in any time? Why weren't Kakko or Lafreniere put in Hartford, when they struggled?

If the answer is draft status..  I get that. The excuse of needing them to fill out the roster due to lack of talent... I don't get. Keeping them stowed away on lower lines and hindering their confidence has been the formula for years.  It's what I was talking about when I mentioned Buch. 

They do this long enough, so they can have an excuse to not fork over money right away in negotiations for these players. They are stalling their development just to stall having to pay them. 

I'll stop there because I'm going way off track.  

But I get the frustration.  I don't get the nonstop bashing of one of the few hopeful standouts at the position.  The Rangers got by with much worse last year.  Kravtsov has upside, that can be an impact for this team. I'm hardly the positive type around here.  I have to lean on some hope and positivity here. The Rangers don't have many good options. He's the best option. For now and to move forward. They need their own cost controlled RW for a top 6 role. He should get first crack at it. 

There's a lot going on here. Ultimately, we have no idea what's going on in Kravtsov's head this year or what his relationship with the coaching staff is. What we get to find out is if he accepts starting out as the 13th forward, using the practices to acclimate and work with the coaching staff to improve, and when he gets his chance, take it and make it so we can't remove him from the lineup because he's playing so well. I'll reserve judgement until this happens, or if something else happens where he leaves the team (again).

As much as I feel Kravsov didn't earn or deserve a top 6 RW spot, at this point I think he's the best option to play RW on Bread's line.

Reason being is that Hunt, Goat, Blais, etc, didn't show themselves worthy of the spot either and they have almost no upside potential. At least with Kravsov there's the possibility of improving through the year and I don't think he will be any worse than the other available options.

47 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I understand the frustration of those who are reacting this way. The team just can't develop forwards, no matter where they draft them. Kravtsov was drafted before Kakko and Lafreniere. Yet, he's still not ready, nor does he have enough experience at the NA ice/game. 

It's annoying.  Why can't they pump our forwards at the pace they have pumped out  D men? 

Why are most Ranger forward prospects skipping the AHL? Why is there a strong desire for any forward who does go there, to get the hell out of there before putting in any time? Why weren't Kakko or Lafreniere put in Hartford, when they struggled?

If the answer is draft status..  I get that. The excuse of needing them to fill out the roster due to lack of talent... I don't get. Keeping them stowed away on lower lines and hindering their confidence has been the formula for years.  It's what I was talking about when I mentioned Buch. 

They do this long enough, so they can have an excuse to not fork over money right away in negotiations for these players. They are stalling their development just to stall having to pay them. 

I'll stop there because I'm going way off track.  

But I get the frustration.  I don't get the nonstop bashing of one of the few hopeful standouts at the position.  The Rangers got by with much worse last year.  Kravtsov has upside, that can be an impact for this team. I'm hardly the positive type around here.  I have to lean on some hope and positivity here. The Rangers don't have many good options. He's the best option. For now and to move forward. They need their own cost controlled RW for a top 6 role. He should get first crack at it. 

Because he refused to go to Hartford.  That was quitting on his team and it's not debatable. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

It most certainly does.

Really man?

How many times do we have to hear that he should be ahead of where people think his development is now, because  (paraphrasing and broad stroking) "he should have been here last year instead of quitting on his team like a bitch boy". Its literally in most every post about the kid (that isn't positive or hopeful). 

Come on now. It's pretty much the first thing out if people's mouths. 

Again, has our tagging system suddenly stopped working? You can @ me, you know.

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Because he refused to go to Hartford.  That was quitting on his team and it's not debatable. 

Because they refuse to go to Hartford. Which speaks volumes about the types of forwards they've been drafting, and more than explains why the team sacked it's entire Euro scouting department. When back-to-back first rounders out of Europe/Russia would rather quit and go home than subject themsleves to playing where most NHL prospects cut their teeth, it's not just damning of the players, it's damning of the team/department that had them as highly ranked in the first place.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

8 hours ago, Mdk154 said:

Exactly. People wanna judge him on his pre season yet you have 10 year veterans who have sucked all pre season. Holding them to the same standards, or nah? 

Just so idiotic some want to give up on a really talented young kid after a few marginal pre season games, knowing people are talking about him constantly. People wanna say he quit on his team, yet he is here, took whatever shots the media wanted to give him, and he is working. Those who quit have already been traded.

Yeah..lets dump him for nothing but keep hunt.

Dumb

Oh look, more passive aggressive "people" talk. Tag me. Tag who you are talking about. Stop fighting straw men, and have the argument you want to have with the people you want to have it with. You're tilting at windmills with every post.

Who wants to give up on him, by the way? I certainly never said that or even suggested it.

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

Again, has our tagging system suddenly stopped working? You can @ me, you know.

For what?  To drag you in again? You are obviously following the discussion. I'm not going to call everyone out by name who has this opinion.  But if it's a must. I'll do so from now on. 

33 minutes ago, Phil said:

Oh look, more passive aggressive "people" talk. Tag me. Tag who you are talking about. Stop fighting straw men, and have the argument you want to have with the people you want to have it with. You're tilting at windmills with every post.

Who wants to give up on him, by the way? I certainly never said that or even suggested it.

I don't agree with this guys assessment,  but wouldn't tagging people into conversations  (not arguments), kinda be like trolling? 

You are involved in this discussion. Do I really have to tag you when I blatantly say I'm using a broad stroke in reference to people I'm talking about? I have to tag you, Pete, Steve, Ted, Bill and Julio when I'm saying anything?  The general opinion of this kid is that he quit. You're not the only person I'm referencing. @Phil

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

It's not him that's overly concerned.  Read these comments here. The people saying he quit on his team. The ones adding to what he said -only one time- that what has been said is mostly false. 

Who's overly concerned? Not him. He's here. 

You aren’t the only one posting in this thread. 

For what?  To drag you in again? You are obviously following the discussion. I'm not going to call everyone out by name who has this opinion.  But if it's a must. I'll do so from now on. 

Not a must. See below.

I don't agree with this guys assessment,  but wouldn't tagging people into conversations  (not arguments), kinda be like trolling? 

You are involved in this discussion. Do I really have to tag you when I blatantly say I'm using a broad stroke in reference to people I'm talking about? I have to tag you, Pete, Steve, Ted, Bill and Julio when I'm saying anything?  The general opinion of this kid is that he quit. You're not the only person I'm referencing. @Phil

If you were doing it to just be a dick, sure, but that's not what I'm asking. If you're prescribing very specific positions, it's entirely appropriate to directly quote or at least tag that user so everyone else who's following along understands. Not everyone is going to read every post in a thread.

But fair enough — if you're actually talking to a larger group, so be it. I just see the practice of referencing "people" when actual individuals involved in a conversation are visible and identifiable to be passive aggressive.

1 hour ago, Long live the King said:

I wouldn't lump Lias into this.  He just sucks.  Chytil went to Hartford and was just fine. 

I would, because while he sucks worse, he pulled the same card and refused to report when asked to go to the AHL to work on his game.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Uhh..not looking at a tough guy tagging war on a message board. If what i said applies to you, then tag yourself. If not, then clearly it doesn't apply to you. Pretty sure people know if they are in the group i am referring to. I don't speak to personal battles..simply ideas of people.

28 minutes ago, Mdk154 said:

Uhh..not looking at a tough guy tagging war on a message board. If what i said applies to you, then tag yourself. If not, then clearly it doesn't apply to you. Pretty sure people know if they are in the group i am referring to. I don't speak to personal battles..simply ideas of people.

Let me help you a bit here. If you aren’t going to listen to the owner of the site, at least let’s have a discussion in a “ltime user to new user” way to help each other out. 
   No one knows you here yet. Many of us have many arguments. We all are welcoming to a degree. We all are Rangers fans. However, we usually just have the discussion directly and also have to learn each other’s nuances and styles. That’s not a personal battle. It’s for the sole reason of a healthy discussion. We do that out of respect for each other because in the end, we all are Rangers fans no?

In all different posts you’re using words like idiotic, tough guy, and talking about playing at higher levels. None of this can be quantified. None of that has a foundation and none of that can be discussed in a healthy way. All of it however sounds very passive aggressive in a strange way. It’s awesome to have some new blood or new point of view, but maybe do it in a bit more productive manner? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keirik said:

How was the car with to Hartford with Julien? Tearful goodbye or all business? 🙂

"English Do you speak it?"

@KeirikWhat are you saying? Stay in the subject. You just tried to coach the new guy on how to post, but here you provide this example of how not to act here. 

• LMFAO 1

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

"English Do you speak it?"

@KeirikWhat are you saying? Stay in the subject. You just tried to coach the new guy on how to post, but here you provide this example of how not to act here. 

@The Dude it’s a joke. Seriously @The Dude? My bad. I thought you @The Dude realized since we’ve argued back and forth for years. I’ll stay in subject @The Dude

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 3

12 minutes ago, Keirik said:

@The Dude it’s a joke. Seriously @The Dude? My bad. I thought you @The Dude realized since we’ve argued back and forth for years. I’ll stay in subject @The Dude

But seriously. What did you mean by this?

"You aren’t the only one posting in this thread. "

Edited by The Dude

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

But seriously. What did you mean by this?

"You aren’t the only one posting in this thread. "

You randomly quoted me. I wasn’t quoting anyone. I simply was making a statement based on what I felt was an underlying theme going on then you quoted me as if I were directly talking to you. I was not. Clearly after a decade on this site, I have no issues directly quoting or tagging anyone I’m directly talking to, so I’m not sure where you are going with this. 

Why are you so focused on this?

3 minutes ago, Keirik said:

You randomly quoted me. I wasn’t quoting anyone. I simply was making a statement based on what I felt was an underlying theme going on then you quoted me as if I were directly talking to you. I was not. Clearly after a decade on this site, I have no issues directly quoting or tagging anyone I’m directly talking to, so I’m not sure where you are going with this. 

Why are you so focused on this?

I didn't randomly quote you. Without needing the tagging system,  I realized I was the only one here talking about Kravtsov telling the media that most of everything said about him last season was false. 

Who else would you be talking to? Maybe this is a case FOR the tagging system?? You didn't just float that comment out there on a whim. It was a response to the only person commenting on the media falsity (is that a word?). 

I'm focused on it,  because the point/fact has been consistently overlooked by @Phil, @Pete, @Long live the King. Maybe there were reasons for him going home. Maybe there was actually an agreement with the team? Maybe his agent misdirected him?

His version of what happened should be known before the things that are said about him and thrown in his face are considered fact. We don't know exactly what the circumstances were. 

• Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I didn't randomly quote you. Without needing the tagging system,  I realized I was the only one here talking about Kravtsov telling the media that most of everything said about him last season was false. 

Who else would you be talking to? Maybe this is a case FOR the tagging system?? You didn't just float that comment out there on a whim. It was a response to the only person commenting on the media falsity (is that a word?). 

I'm focused on it,  because the point/fact has been consistently overlooked by @Phil, @Pete, @Long live the King. Maybe there were reasons for him going home. Maybe there was actually an agreement with the team? Maybe his agent misdirected him?

His version of what happened should be known before the things that are said about him and thrown in his face are considered fact. We don't know exactly what the circumstances were. 

You are thinking wayyyyy too much into my post. If you have an issue with the structure of the site or style of posting that’s one thing, but don’t cherry pick a post by me that wasn’t to you and try to make it into a soapbox. As I’ve said, I have no problem tagging people, or quoting a user which automatically notifies said person of the quote. I just explained to you that I wasn’t directly talking to you. Has there EVER been a point in our time here that I HAVENT directly quoted you when talking to you? Why would I randomly start that now? Why would I lie now? This isn’t the first Kravtsov thread and most of us are long time posters, users, contributors here and know each other’s stances long before this thread was created. 

In the past I’ve been a strong supporter of Kravtsov. I directly quoted another user a day or two ago in either this thread or another one that seemed to celebrate the possibility of Kravtsov pouting. However, this years training camp to me shows how damaging missing all of last year was for his development.  He’s way behind where he should be. Let’s hope though it’s just jitters from the pressure to make up for his past actions.

My comment was about Kravtsov and if he’s concerned with what is being said about him. To me he clearly is since he even mentioned it in a preseason interview. He’s asked about it but most NHL players don’t take that bait. He did. The organization made it clear last year that he left and wasn’t given permission. Now we are discounting all of that because Kravtsov made some generic statement saying some things said about him aren’t true? With his track record, I find it hard to believe he reports this fall like he did if the organization lied all of last year. I guess however we all are going to believe what we want to see.