• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kratzzzzoff

LeetchHOF

7 hours ago, RangersIn7 said:

I’m just viewing him as a rookie at this point. 
In terms of experience in NA, that’s what he is. 

He’s 22 years old with 60 games of experience in NA professional hockey.

20 games at the NHL level.

Im rooting for him. I’ll admit I’ve always been excited by the prospect of him, Kakko, Chytil, and LaFreniere being in the lineup together.

But I’m not honestly expecting much. And he’s really painted himself into a corner.

This kid probably has till January-ish to produce, or that’s it

And that’s probably a conservative estimate. 

I'm expecting a lot. I'm expecting minimum 20+ goals from him. I'm expecting many dominant shifts where he looks elite. That's what he's billing himself as. 

I think he's going to quiet a lot of nay sayers. Just because he didn't dress for the final preseason games, doesn't mean he lost his spot. The Rangers were giving Vesey more looks, so they could decide for certain that they were going to offer him a contract and cut bait with Gauthier. He'll be in the top 9 to start the season. These preseason lineups aren't always a true indicator for the lineup for the season. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I'm expecting a lot. I'm expecting minimum 20+ goals from him. I'm expecting many dominant shifts where he looks elite. That's what he's billing himself as. 

I think he's going to quiet a lot of nay sayers. Just because he didn't dress for the final preseason games, doesn't mean he lost his spot. The Rangers were giving Vesey more looks, so they could decide for certain that they were going to offer him a contract and cut bait with Gauthier. He'll be in the top 9 to start the season. These preseason lineups aren't always a true indicator for the lineup for the season. 

Agreed, and I said this at the beginning of the debate about this.

I think I said something like I don't mind them seeing if he could play on the top line, and then the argument turned into whether he should make the team or VK should  make the team. 

I don't think anyone thinks he's without talent. Shutting his detractors down just amounts to playing where and when the team asks him to. 

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Shutting his detractors down just amounts to playing where and when the team asks him to. 

I expect production. Not just to show up. Put up or shut up.  I don't expect instant consistency. But he better go on a little hot streak or something within a month, where he plays like a beast.  Has to make a case for himself and make it a hard decision to move him down the lineup in favor of the Gallant favs (Hunt, Goodrow,  Carpenter and soon to be Vesey) which is a given to happen at a few points in the season. 

Not sure they were checking if Vesey could play on the top lines. I think they just wanted to see more of him in general. Much like how they were giving Hajek 20+ minutes in a game or 2.  Put him in a variety of situations and just let him play. 

If they are planning to use Vesey in the top 6, they are batshit insane.  They have 3- 4 options that should get that chance,  before Vesey (Kravtsov,  Blais, Kakko,  Lafreniere). But I totally pick Vesey over Hunt. I pick anyone,  anything over Hunt. Maybe not Carpenter... 

Edited by The Dude
  • Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I expect production. Not just to show up. Put up or shut up.  I don't expect instant consistency. But he better go on a little hot streak or something within a month, where he plays like a beast.  Has to make a case for himself and make it a hard decision to move him down the lineup in favor of the Gallant favs (Hunt, Goodrow,  Carpenter and soon to be Vesey) which is a given to happen at a few points in the season. 

Not sure they were checking if Vesey could play on the top lines. I think they just wanted to see more of him in general. Much like how they were giving Hajek 20+ minutes in a game or 2.  Put him in a variety of situations and just let him play. 

If they are planning to use Vesey in the top 6, they are batshit insane.  They have 3- 4 options that should get that chance,  before Vesey (Kravtsov,  Blais, Kakko,  Lafreniere). But I totally pick Vesey over Hunt. I pick anyone,  anything over Hunt. Maybe not Carpenter... 

This is important because I think the Rangers expect this as well. He has until the trade deadline to convince them he's legit. If he's not, he'll got shoved out of the lineup by replacements. The team can't afford to squander this year.

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Nah. Vesey allows you to swap him with Kravtsov and not disrupt any other lines. He's an insurance policy. 

• VINNY! 2

3 hours ago, LeetchHOF said:

OMG the little puzzy literally got knocked down and hurt his Vag!   What a pussy.   He’s got no balls, no game and no Heart!   Cut his ass

you wouldn't happen to be a Dr. or coach of the Miami Dolphins would you? 

• LMFAO 1

3 hours ago, LeetchHOF said:

OMG the little puzzy literally got knocked down and hurt his Vag!   What a pussy.   He’s got no balls, no game and no Heart!   Cut his ass

Regardless of his performance, try to lay off. We all want the same thing but the crass nature of posts is unnecessary. LGR