• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PS #6: Rangers @ Islanders, 7pm — MSG Networks

Phil

43 minutes ago, CBrowningPI said:

Blais has been out since the 1st after taking a hit. 

I've already mentally written him out of the team. He's gonna play like 20 games this year because he can't stay healthy. Othmann will take his place as early as next year.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

I've already mentally written him out of the team. He's gonna play like 20 games this year because he can't stay healthy. Othmann will take his place as early as next year.

Different roles.

honestly, Vesey is an extreme vanilla Blais replacement. And too vanilla to be effective for what the rangers need 

4 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Well at the end of preseason we know that the kids look good and the rest of the team does not 

Kravtsov, Hunt and Gauthier should all make the team of this shit actually mattered.

• Phil unpinned this topic
3 hours ago, josh said:

Different roles.

honestly, Vesey is an extreme vanilla Blais replacement. And too vanilla to be effective for what the rangers need 

Cuylle, then. I just think Othmann is much closer to NHL ready.

13 hours ago, josh said:

This team needs another 6 games to get their shit together 

Suspect it's more a function of a veteran team having had enough of a month of training camp. They know these preseason games are mostly pointless. The only questions are the 4th line components and the 6/7 D slots. 

Only thing could change that dynamic is a deal for Kane. But given the cap, we won't see that or something dramatic like it until the deadline. But really that ahs nothing to do with preseason either. 

14 hours ago, josh said:

Has Trocheck NOT been the worst player in preseason? 

if you didn’t know his name, everyone would bet surprised if this guy made Hartford as a regular 

Dude is definitely feeling the pressure of his contract. 

14 hours ago, josh said:

Has Trocheck NOT been the worst player in preseason? 

if you didn’t know his name, everyone would bet surprised if this guy made Hartford as a regular 

Been underwhelming for sure. It’s only preseason so I won’t hit the panic button yet but not looking good so far. 

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Suspect it's more a function of a veteran team having had enough of a month of training camp. They know these preseason games are mostly pointless. The only questions are the 4th line components and the 6/7 D slots. 

Only thing could change that dynamic is a deal for Kane. But given the cap, we won't see that or something dramatic like it until the deadline. But really that ahs nothing to do with preseason either. 

It’s never a good sign if professional players consciously “turn it off” for a game, even in preseason. 

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Dude is definitely feeling the pressure of his contract. 

He should. But I'm not worried yet. He's a pro. He's done the new team, new line mates thing before.  If this is still the case by Thanksgiving, I'll panic.

He’s also more of a North/South player whereas  read is more of an East/West one. They’ll all adjust. I’m less worried about the chemistry in October as I am by January. Hell, maybe it makes Bread look more to himself to score rather than the dish every time.