• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Jimmy Vesey to 1-Year/$750K Deal

josh

20 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I hate that vanilla is used to indicate plain. What a bad rap. It’s a fantastic flavor. Vesey on a contender isn’t vanilla. It’s pineapple pizza. Total shit.

First of all, no. Pineapple on pizza is like peak flavor and is arguably the worst example you could give to describe something that is actually plain. For that, go with flavorless oatmeal.

Second, Vesey stinks.

• LMFAO 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

First of all, no. Pineapple on pizza is like peak flavor and is arguably the worst example you could give to describe something that is actually plain. For that, go with flavorless oatmeal.

Second, Vesey stinks.

I wasn’t indicating plain. I was indicating total shit. Peak flavor? My god…and you’re a NYer?

• Like 1

Watch Valley bring up Vesey tonight....

The last 3 games, he's been all over the same stuff we've been talking about up here:

-Trocheck's comparison to Strome (Almost verbatim)

-The Kravtsov being fragile debate

-The Bottom 6 chat (Gauthier stuff)

I think in addition to Uncle Larry, Ol' Valley is among us!!! 

Look Out Uh Oh GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Maybe it's just me, but I'm listening to all the stuff that comes up everyday on here with you guys!

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

The last 3 games, he's been all over the same stuff we've been talking about up here:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm listening to all the stuff that comes up everyday on here with you guys!

Spying Conspiracy Theory GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

If there's one pundit/expert that would take the time to go through random forums to get info on Rangers it would be Valley. He likes to debate and engage with other fans both at the garden and on Twitter. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's lurking around on forums as well, and there's no better place than here.

• Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

If there's one pundit/expert that would take the time to go through random forums to get info on Rangers it would be Valley. He likes to debate and engage with other fans both at the garden and on Twitter. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's lurking around on forums as well, and there's no better place than here.

Oh dude...100000%. 

The amount of in-depth shit we go into up here far exceeds the crapola the casual fan hears on TNT or even NHL network.  I've found that just being open to opinions from other guys up here, not even agreeing has made me look at the Rangers and the game from another perspective.

I used to think the "Valley stats" were just airtime fodder for the cutting room floor, but I've grown to take them in stride with what I'm seeing on the ice and it helps identify some strengths and weakness of the teams in question.

Valley, if you're out there...Keep a rockin'!! 

3 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

It was brought up in another thread....

Where we at with this guy? Reliable fourth liner or waste of roster space? Seems to have lost the fire from pre season (as many predicted).

Not a waste of space.  He has lost some fire from the pre season, but he also isn't playing in the top 6 anymore.

• JIMMY! 1

6 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Oh dude...100000%. 

The amount of in-depth shit we go into up here far exceeds the crapola the casual fan hears on TNT or even NHL network.  I've found that just being open to opinions from other guys up here, not even agreeing has made me look at the Rangers and the game from another perspective.

I used to think the "Valley stats" were just airtime fodder for the cutting room floor, but I've grown to take them in stride with what I'm seeing on the ice and it helps identify some strengths and weakness of the teams in question.

I definitely think Vally browses some boards, probably even here. He is good at what he does and engages with the fans plenty of times.  Matter of fact, last years playoff run he apparently hopped the ferry to PJ and hung out at a local bar for a couple of the games in the playoffs. There’s pics of him here locally lol. Wish I would have known. Would have did a brotherhood meet up lol. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Oh dude...100000%. 

I go back with some of the posters on here since the late 90's/early 2000's and I've learned more about the game from these message boards than anywhere else.

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

This is the time, then, for Rangers general manager Chris Drury to be proactive and lock up Jimmy Vesey for 2023-24, after he has exceeded expectations by leaps and bounds on the one-year, $750,000 deal he signed when making the team off a training camp professional tryout.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/31/rangers-need-to-lock-up-jimmy-vesey-for-an-extension/

WTF, is this for real?  Rangers are in a cap crunch and he wants Vesey to be re-signed for next year already.  Rangers got f'd by Drury for unneccesarily extending Reaves.  Vesey isn't going anywhere after the season.  Wait and see how the off-season plays out.  

This re-sign Jimmy Vesey shit is the weirdest thing I've read all season. The Rangers will literally be penny pinching to field the best roster they can. Have we learned nothing from extending Ryan Reaves? Paying an estimated $250-500k bump to Jimmy Vesey is a terrible idea. You know who else a lot of folks (not me) wanted to extend? Kevin Rooney. He was a $750k AAV signing with the Rangers just like Vesey. He got a bump with Calgary and where is he now?

Point being they can find guys who can fill 4th line roles for $750k. Vesey isn't special. He had one really good game against Toronto this year. He's a JAG. Dime a dozen.

10 hours ago, rmc51 said:

This re-sign Jimmy Vesey shit is the weirdest thing I've read all season. The Rangers will literally be penny pinching to field the best roster they can. Have we learned nothing from extending Ryan Reaves? Paying an estimated $250-500k bump to Jimmy Vesey is a terrible idea. You know who else a lot of folks (not me) wanted to extend? Kevin Rooney. He was a $750k AAV signing with the Rangers just like Vesey. He got a bump with Calgary and where is he now?

Point being they can find guys who can fill 4th line roles for $750k. Vesey isn't special. He had one really good game against Toronto this year. He's a JAG. Dime a dozen.

I'm not advocating re-signing Vesey but there's a world of difference between paying Reaves 1.75M and Vesey 1M.

13 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Or, just sign Vesey for under a million and don't worry about it? 

He's actually quite good this year, especially defensively. Don't underrate that. That's what leads to signing bad fourth liners like Ryan Carpenter.

• Keeps it 100 1

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Or, just sign Vesey for under a million and don't worry about it? 

He's actually quite good this year, especially defensively. Don't underrate that. That's what leads to signing bad fourth liners like Ryan Carpenter.

Agreed. Give him another year at 900k or whatever. He knows he will be on a PTO somewhere else if he doesn't take it.

Why is every $750k player is assumed to be Ryan Carpenter? The Rangers have had several OK-for-what-they-are players at that price point over the last several years. Blackwell, Rooney, Hunt, Vesey off the top of my head. Even Brodz is right there. It seems there’s always a scrub every year who fans get attached to and think they can’t be replaced.