• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2022-23 Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

The Devils shut out the Canes 3-0 tonight. They are now tied atop the Metro. The Canes have a game in hand.

I thought the Devils would have cooled off by now, but they are not slowing down. I personally want nothing to do with Jack Hughes round 1. That's the type of talent that can unexpectedly knock you out all by himself. I'm at the point where I think I'd rather the Rangers get the Hurricanes round 1.

Yup, I fully expected NJD to overhaul CAR for the divisional lead but not in this fashion...CAR shut out back to back games? Ouch. NJD has an extremely opportunistic offense and with Vanecek back there I want no part of them in round 1. CAR despite their record is still large the same one trick pony as last year...a single gear team with nothing extra for the playoffs. I'd give the edge to the Rangers experience and depth in round 1.

I'd prefer Carolina, if for no other (cynical) reason than losing to them would be less painful, but we don't match up well with the Devils.  Our fruitless offensive zone times would tend to turn into rushes for them.  We would have to work much harder for our chances than the Devils would have to work for theirs.

4 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Hey, at least we got Kakko.  Am I right? 

We could've wound up with Byfield if we slid down in the draft. I don't know if Los Angeles is too thrilled with him right now?

Edit: Oops wrong draft, but you know what I'm getting at. lol

Edited by Sharpshooter