• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Day-to-Day; Won't Make Trip to Minnesota + Winnipeg

Phil

4 minutes ago, -ERIK- said:

pushed his head down lol

what happens when this guy gets in a real scrum...out for season?

sarcasm

This is what I'm concerned with.  Giving a guy "the business" along the boards, with a little head dunker, is baby shit.

17 hours ago, Jdog99 said:

This will be a blessing if laf hits his stride on that line

Agree. The pressure on Kravtsov to perform was extremely high. On a third line away from Panarin will probably be really helpful in cutting him more slack. Especially if the offense keeps up at this rate for a while longer.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:01 PM, Sod16 said:

This is why it's a good idea having Reaves around.  He sure made Hedman pay for that head dunker of Kravy along the boards.  

Oh, never mind.

I see we're still fighting this strawman.

Reaves is there to make everyone feel two inches taller, to keep the room light because he's a clear vocal leader, and to beat the snot out of anyone stupid enough to fight him whenever that happens, and for whatever the reason. I haven't seen anyone, let alone anyone here, claim deterrence in YEARS.

Who, exactly, are you arguing with by citing it?

Rangers are one of the few teams who can afford a Reaves type on the 4th line. He's actually not the reason why we ever lose a game. Most of that blame lies with the top nine who are often never offensively or defensively good enough. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Rangers are one of the few teams who can afford a Reaves type on the 4th line. He's actually not the reason why we ever lose a game. Most of that blame lies with the top nine who are often never offensively or defensively good enough. 

Especially defensively. They can usually score in bunches, but they can't stop the opposing attack for their lives.

16 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

My preferred adjustment is Kravtsov alongside Chytil and Blais, Vesey to 4th, Hunt out of lineup.

Pretty much what I could figure.

The top 6 looks set with Kakko and Laf.

Blais looked too good last night not to be in the top 9.

So the only option left is bumping Vesey.

27 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

My preferred adjustment is Kravtsov alongside Chytil and Blais, Vesey to 4th, Hunt out of lineup.

Definitely the spot for Krav.  Blais, the non-style he plays, can easily slot over to the left side, imo.  I'd leave Hunt and just bench Vesey.  He hasn't shown anything.  Even in a wide-open game like last night, I thought he was a total non-factor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Definitely the spot for Krav.  Blais, the non-style he plays, can easily slot over to the left side, imo.  I'd leave Hunt and just bench Vesey.  He hasn't shown anything.  Even in a wide-open game like last night, I thought he was a total non-factor.

Watching the game last night, Vesey is a better version of Hunt. Can carry the puck on his stick, get it deep, forecheck and lay hits. For similar cap hits, I take Vesey.

Edited by Cash or Czech
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I'd let that current third line roll until they prove themselves ineffective. They looked good last night and their analytics are really impressive.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20222023&thruseason=20222023&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=NYR&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2022-10-07&td=2023-04-13&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8476918&p2=8478104&p3=8480078&p4=0&p5=0

61.9 CF%, 71.43 FF%, 75 SCF%, 79.43 xGF%, 80 HDCF%

The only thing they didn't do was score, but they outchanced and defended the hell out of the opposition. Krav can wait.

7 hours ago, Kevin said:

I start rotating Reaves and Vesey in and out. Reaves needs games off. He just can't go every day and it shows. Vesey has been quiet,  but that was expected. It's Vesey. 

I wouldn’t touch a thing right now, and this is what I was talking about. A small injury that costs Kravtsov a couple of games, can turn into 5 or more pretty quick. But my guess would be that you don’t see him in the lineup until the back to back against Colorado and the Islanders next week.

Edited by rmc51

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Vesey has been one of the best defensive forwards on the entire roster to start this year. That entire third line shouldn't be touched.

The third line was just touched.  Removing Goodrow to add Blais.  I'd go with a bottom 6 of...

Blais-Chytil-Krav

Vesey-Carpenter-Goodrow

Edited by Long live the King
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rmc51 said:

I wouldn’t touch a thing right now, and this is what I was talking about. A small injury that costs Kravtsov a couple of games, can turn into 5 or more pretty quick. But my guess would be that you don’t see him in the lineup until the back to back against Colorado and the Islanders next week.

We already saw Hajek get a game.  I don't think we'll see the extra forwards sitting for weeks at a time if they're healthy.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 hours ago, Long live the King said:

We already saw Hajek get a game.  I don't think we'll see the extra forwards sitting for weeks at a time if they're healthy.

Especially early in the season.  I think everyone's going to get a look here and there, depending on matchups.  I think it'd be cool to have a fresh/healthy bottom six all year. 

...Here's hoping!

• Keeps it 100 1