• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vitali Kravtsov Day-to-Day; Won't Make Trip to Minnesota + Winnipeg

Phil

2 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I recall Chytil showing plenty of puck distribution ability on that setup to Lafreniere last game.

for shits and giggles, go back and see his 2 passes coming up the ice on that play. He completely whiffs on the breakout pass, then puts the next one in Kakkos skates.  

13bcd00c-0633-4c6c-b090-9e3cfe43946b_tex

7 hours ago, Phil said:

Because he does, but he operates completely in that world of potentiality, not actuality. All I'm saying is I'd be in no hurry to jumble up the forward lines of a highly-successful team thus far just to forcibly put a player who's shown nothing thus far into the most advantageous position possible.

If it means bumping Blais down to the fourth line, cool. Whatever.

Especially with the good vibes this team has shown over the last year. I don’t want anything upsetting the applecart. Even waiving guys to give the kid a roster spot unearned kind of rubs me the wrong way a bit. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, josh said:

for shits and giggles, go back and see his 2 passes coming up the ice on that play. He completely whiffs on the breakout pass, then puts the next one in Kakkos skates.  

13bcd00c-0633-4c6c-b090-9e3cfe43946b_tex

Sure, but he drew two defenders and carried the puck between them first before the quick, inaccurate shovel pass to Kakko. What wasn’t inaccurate was the dime piece to Lafreniere in front of the net.

57 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Sure, but he drew two defenders and carried the puck between them first before the quick, inaccurate shovel pass to Kakko. What wasn’t inaccurate was the dime piece to Lafreniere in front of the net.

Hey, Zibanejad only had 11 ES assists not too many seasons ago, so there’s still hope for Chytil… ? 

and at that time, I was suggesting he (Z) play wing, just as many others are suggesting for Chytil. 

5 hours ago, rmc51 said:

Sure, but he drew two defenders and carried the puck between them

Because he's a puck carrier...

first before the quick, inaccurate shovel pass to Kakko.

Not a puck distributor. 

What wasn’t inaccurate was the dime piece to Lafreniere in front of the net.

Yes his ability to hit a basically stationary target is uncanny...

17 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

Well now you’ve moved to exclude “passing to stationary targets” from puck distribution.

He's not a puck distributor, just because you make one pass doesn't make you a playmaker. He was standing in the corner and Laf was wide open in front, what was he going to do shoot it? 

You realize you're applauding him for making the most basic of plays after flubbing 2 other most basic plays. 

We've officially hit rock bottom. 

35 minutes ago, Pete said:

He's not a puck distributor, just because you make one pass doesn't make you a playmaker. He was standing in the corner and Laf was wide open in front, what was he going to do shoot it? 

You realize you're applauding him for making the most basic of plays after flubbing 2 other most basic plays. 

We've officially hit rock bottom. 

I disagree. Rock bottom would have been if you didn’t start clarifying your broad puck distribution generalization. We made some progress, but I don’t agree with whatever definition you are creating for it.

24 minutes ago, rmc51 said:

I disagree. Rock bottom would have been if you didn’t start clarifying your broad puck distribution generalization. We made some progress, but I don’t agree with whatever definition you are creating for it.

Yes, he made a pass my 7 year old could have made, and flubbed 2 that my 3 year old could have made.

He's Adam Oates.

If you can't separate "playmaker" or "guy who distributes pucks to his linemates as a core element of his game" from "guy who completed a pass", then there's nothing to discuss. He's a 1:1 player and a chucker. He's a shoot first mentality, you will never hear anyone say "Wish Chytil would have shot that" because it's all he does LOL.

There's nothing bad about it, this team doesn't shoot enough. But he's not a creative playmaker, passer, or guy who uses his linemates nearly enough.

Relax, don't take it personally.

Edited by Pete

45 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yes, he made a pass my 7 year old could have made, and flubbed 2 that my 3 year old could have made.

He's Adam Oates.

If you can't separate "playmaker" or "guy who distributes pucks to his linemates as a core element of his game" from "guy who completed a pass", then there's nothing to discuss. He's a 1:1 player and a chucker. He's a shoot first mentality, you will never hear anyone say "Wish Chytil would have shot that" because it's all he does LOL.

There's nothing bad about it, this team doesn't shoot enough. But he's not a creative playmaker, passer, or guy who uses his linemates nearly enough.

Relax, don't take it personally.

This is some better clarification. Lack of playmaking creativity and it not being the core element to his game are things I agree with. Lack of or bad ability to distribute the puck is not something I agree with.

You don’t have to be Adam Oates to be a good puck distributer.

Edited by rmc51
  • Cheers 1