• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #2] Rangers @ Minnesota Wild — We're Goin' Hunt-ing!

Phil

120 minutes in, and I love everything. I love the way that even when Minnesota was pushing, they knew to make simple plays to get the puck out. I love the power play, the PK. The stars have been stars. Zibanejad has 2 goals. Kreider has 2 goals. Panarin has 3 points. Lafreniere and Kakko look comfortable. Trocheck got on the board. Fox got on the board. Igor was Igor.

The Rangers have a lot of elite players in their primes in a lot of areas on the roster. It’s very impressive to see this level of talent, confidence and comfortablity all come together.

• Believe 1

Let the ass-beatings continue!!  God grief!!!  Just an utter domination of a team that had only 8 home losses last season!

Seemed like everyone got into the act tonight!

....And here are the Top 8 nominees for Ozzy’s Quote of the GDT, sponsored by Preparation H.  The popular choice of the Minnesota Wild after tonight's game!

4 hours ago, Keirik said:

Just came here to post about Sam's rug and Joe's lack of one 

3 hours ago, josh said:

bro, I’m still waiting for the opening faceoff

3 hours ago, Pete said:

@Dr. Jimmy I've been erect since Tuesday and Kreider just enhanced... What should I do? 

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

Wtf happened to Carey Price? Looks like doc Holliday 

2 hours ago, josh said:

Damn it. I didn’t reload the thread in awhile, I do and get this.

first game I’m missing goals.

2nd game I’m 12 minutes behind 

now I know what ozzys sex life is like. 

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Holy fucking shit Kakko! Wow!

Looked like Jagr!

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Guess they needed us to kick their ass in the fight dept too ?

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

FATALITY!

I truly was pulling for Shesty to fire one into the open cage @Keirik, but that will be for another day! 

Also please note that by the time @josh reads this, it will be the end of the second period....in Winnipeg!! 

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Pete who needs a quick trip to the ER for his stiffy. 

I always found it comical that on erection medication, they list that if you have a stiffy for more than 4 hours, you should see a doctor.  I dunno about you guys, but if I have a boner for that long, I'm going through my entire address book in alphabetical order!!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • LMFAO 1

Your faithful correspondent reports from Minnesota (perhaps for the last time, as we are looking to move):

In warmups, I positioned myself behind the high glass so as not to have to deal with all the people along the sides begging for pucks.  The Rangers didn't toss any pucks to them.  Zib wound one around the glass and onto the netting.  It dropped through the crack between the glass and the net and landed on my foot.  Obviously a good omen for the season.  The puck says "Warm Up Puck Wild v. Rangers."  Incredible how they are merchandising absolutely everything.

Ticket prices almost double for opening night, but incredibly, the Wild didn't even introduce the team or do anything they don't do in an ordinary regular season game.

Best video board clip ever: two rats on subway tracks, scurrying around and fighting over a piece of garbage with a translucent New York Rangers emblem superimposed over them!

Let's go Braden chant when Schneider had the puck!

The last time I felt this good about LaF and Kakko was on the days they were drafted.

Signing off.

• The Chyt! 2
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 2

Due to being a time zonally challenged individual I've only been able to watch extended highlights of the first two games. But god damn, we look good.

Not getting ahead of myself, but this looks like an absolute moonwalk to Lord Stanleys Chalice.

Dat Kakko goal 😎 Defending was soft, no doubt, but that goal was exactly what I thought we were getting when they drafted him. 

From my limited viewing, looks like Lafreniere is working well on that second line. And who am I to quibble with an 80+ point pace. 

IF those two can be valuable and legit top6 contributors this year we're fucking cooking here.