• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #3] Rangers @ Winnipeg Jets — Trouba Revenge Tour

Phil

Really was a sweet goal by Hunt. Guess Kravtsov has to sit the next game. Can't sit Hunt after that goal.   

Halak unfairly hung out to dry tonight. 

Kids are looking 1000X better than they did at the start of last season. 

Hajek wasn't bad. Glad Gallant realizes that you shouldn't sit guys the amount of games he did to Hajek last season. Maybe he will then realize he shouldn't play Reaves the amount he does. 

Need to get Goodrow off of Chytils line. Maybe insert Kravtsov, drop Goodrow down to the 4th line in place of either Carpenter or Reaves. 

Rough travel night I guess. Looked tired late. Ah well. 

3 in 4 nights is bad enough without it involving three cities and the day off between games 1 and 2 rather than 3 and 4.  Jets were plenty rested.  It all showed in the third, when I was hoping to just make it to OT and get a point.

And that’ll be big for us, to actually have a goaltender backing up Igor who is familiar, accepting and comfortable of the role. Halak will be able to go 2 weeks without action and be able to step in and not have it be an automatic 4-5 goal night. That’s not to say he won’t have a clunker here or there; he’s human. But it’ll be refreshing to have a professional in net as opposed to someone who was after his own gains as opposed to his teams.

Edited by RichieNextel305

Meh, Helly was really good.  Rangers tried to make a big push in the second but it just wasn't happening tonight.

I'll give Hajek a shout out since we are quick to shit on him when he isn't good.

Tro better stop fumbling the puck continually.  Idk if he's still getting used to the team or feeling the pressure of NY and the contract, but he needs to tighten it up.

8 hours ago, Sod16 said:

3 in 4 nights is bad enough without it involving three cities and the day off between games 1 and 2 rather than 3 and 4.  Jets were plenty rested.  It all showed in the third, when I was hoping to just make it to OT and get a point.

All 3 games vs. former Vezina winners(hat tip-BCBS). Weren't gonna go 82-0. Figure they got out of Minnesota around 12, flew to Winnipeg and got there around 2-3 in the AM, had to go through customs and get settled into their hotel. May be they got 6-7 hours of sleep. Schedule makers  screwed them but it will happen over the course of the season. And Rangers will get the same advantage against other teams when they're home. 

Edited by Bugg

So much for going 82-0? 

Welcome back once again, gang!!  A Hellacious effort by Helly in that one to steal a game for the Lose-A-Peg Jets.

No sweat though, I also loved the effort put forth by our boys.  The puck just didn't find the twine tonight.  "Mama told me there'd be days like these"!

....And here are the Top 8 nominees for Ozzy’s Quote of the GDT:

13 hours ago, Dem said:

Hey boys! Let's beat the snot out of Winnipeg! Live out of the area now but realized I can get the MSG feed for the games on ESPN+. Listening to Sam call the games soothes being homesick better than watching the sopranos

Welcome aboard my good man!!  You'll fit in well with the gang!!!

13 hours ago, jsrangers said:

skirt w/matching purse.

Libor in for Jones coaches decision Zuc.

12 hours ago, The Dude said:

Goodrow is a bag of dog diarrhea on an offensive line. 

12 hours ago, josh said:

We don’t thumbs down Mollie 

...that’s how you get stuck with Deb Kaufman 

11 hours ago, The Dude said:

Of all people. Fuck you. 

11 hours ago, leetchy2 said:

Good news, Hunt scores.

Bad news, Gallant found his new 2nd line RW.

11 hours ago, Keirik said:

I need an edible 

11 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Buy Hellabuck a new car after this game. F’er won it for them. 

I almost pissed my pants when I saw Hunt score!  The first thing I thought of was you @The Dude!!

…and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @josh the Josh man, who very quickly and accurately pointed out that we sure as fuck don't want Deb Kaufman!!

On a side note, with all the posts about trading for Kane, I'm thinking I'd rather trade for Jackie Redmond!!

Let's turn the page knowing we had a pretty damn good effort against a hot goalie who stole one!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Definitely a should have, could have , would have game.

Should've won if not for Hellebuyck

Could've won if not for Hellebuyck

Should've won if not for Hellebuyck

Well yeah.

Hes top 3 to 5 in the league at his position, despite having faced more shots than any goaltender in the league over the last 5 seasons.

• Phil unpinned this topic