• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #6] Rangers vs. Columbus Blue Jackets — Dinnertime Hockey

Morphinity 2.0

1 hour ago, Karan said:

Another softy by Halak. Really poor showing today ugh. Some goal support would be fucking nice though.  

Guy is trash, but this is a team wide problem. They can't defend worth a shit, so whenever anyone not named Shesterkin is in net, they're at increased risk of bad losses like this one.

Rangers are 0-2-1 when I haven't watched a complete game.  

Completely missed the WPG game

Missed the 1st 2 periods vs SJ

Missed the first period, and watched 1/2 of the 3rd period tonight.

I'll try my best to not miss too many other games

and seriously WTF not starting Shesterkin tonight?  Its 2 weeks into the season you can let him play after 2 days off, and give him 3 games in a week (CBJ, COL, DAL)

and another side note, scratch Reavo here and there, I think it was the 2nd goal, he had ZERO legs to get back into the play.....and I'm not saying CBJ scored b/c of him, but again its 2 weeks into the season and he couldn't f'n keep up.  

Edited by Blue Heaven

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Guy is trash, but this is a team wide problem. They can't defend worth a shit, so whenever anyone not named Shesterkin is in net, they're at increased risk of bad losses like this one.

I get where you are coming from BUT regardless of defense; a few of those goals were HAVE TO STOP pucks. Back to the hold the breath on every shot with Halak in net.

These last two games have been better than they look. We played one really bad period against San Jose. Otherwise we hit around six posts and dominated most of the play. Think we’re really unlucky to lose both of the games, San Jose in particular.

the defense is still a problem, even though this game pretty squarely falls on bad goaltending. This would have been 1-1 into the third…much different game

Listened to parts on the radio.

Maloney sounded so frustrated, huge sighs throughout the game anytime the Rangers made bad plays.

Didn't hear Fox mentioned. 

Every time they mentioned Jones it was a turnover 

Sounded Iike Miler sucked.

They repeated that the Rangers weren't skating throughout, especially during post game. 

Only time I heard goodrow mentioned is when they said he was -2. 

Kakko and Lindgren mentioned a lot, making plays. 

"Zibanejad... shot off the mark" x10

Sounds like a game to miss.

Regardless, not playing good hockey right now. 

Skate their asses during a practice. Sit a bigger name for a game instead of a 4th liner or Kid. 

Edited by josh

Remember how badass we were after the first two games? Came back with a huge chip on our shoulders, learned so much with the deep playoff run and were ready to take that big next step. Damn so much for premature jubilation.  These guys are still extremely capable of laying eggs against anybody they play at this point.  Very frustrating. Certainly early but certainly massively disappointing again tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, josh said:

Maloney sounded so frustrated, huge sighs throughout the game anytime the Rangers made bad plays.

They repeated that the Rangers weren't skating throughout, especially during post game. 

Skate their asses during a practice. Sit a bigger name for a game instead of a 4th liner or Kid. 

Pretty much spot on, although I thought Fox had a decent game, much better than last game atleast.

I thought Lafreniere looked good with Panarin, while Trocheck was a black hole on that line last night. Laf looked fast and was making a lot of nice plays, unfortunately all of them ended up on Trocheck's stick.

Kakko also played a good game, but Kreids and Zib played horrible both of them. It felt like Kakko tried to keep O-zone pressure alone for a few shifts while Kreids and Mika was just floating around doing nothing.

Jones had a rough game. A lot of turnovers and he was all over the place (in a bad way) in the D-zone the entire night. He gets too aggressive at times and wants to try and make a defensive play instead of just covering his man. The 1st goal against was not a good look for him.

Kravtsov looked good too. One of the few forwards who wasn't a -. Played 11 minutes, mainly with Goodrow and Carpenter. Managed to keep some O-zone pressure and could've had a nice assist to Carpenter on the 2-on-1 in the 1st period but... Carpenter...

Edited by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, josh said:

Miller is a traffic cone, and Fox is average at best. Might need to blow up their D. Talent seems to be lacking.

We're kidding with that "game" last night, right???  Wow, that was just bad on all fronts.  My question is, what happened to that team I saw on opening night?

Ahhh, whatever, It's not even worth the typing after watching that puke last night.

........And here are the Top 3 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”....not sponsored....(It sucked that badly)

14 hours ago, Keirik said:

Blue Jackets coach definitely looks like he did prison time before

13 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

I remember Gaborik lighting the friggin’ lamp so much that MSG started handing out sunscreen. 

13 hours ago, VegasRanger said:

And to think, we complained about Georgiev

….and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to the Big Guy @4EverRangerFrank!!  We could've used a little Gabby Magic last night!

Did the Rangers even know there was a game yesterday??  Now Colorado on Tuesday???  Yeah right, we're ready for that!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Parsley said:

The “close, but no really that close” Stanley Cup hangover for the Rangers?

Let's not forget the massive amount of good fortune the Rangers got on their way to the ECF. Crosby hurt, Jarvis hurt in Game 7, and at the end Tampa came in and were a step faster than the Rangers and the Avalanche were 3 steps faster than Tampa.

Were the Rangers really that close? 

• Phil unpinned this topic
10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Let's not forget the massive amount of good fortune the Rangers got on their way to the ECF. Crosby hurt, Jarvis hurt in Game 7, and at the end Tampa came in and were a step faster than the Rangers and the Avalanche were 3 steps faster than Tampa.

Yes, because breaks happen to every team. The Rangers aren't unique in benefiting from opposing injuries.

We all agree they're extremely flawed and are largely carried by elite goaltending, but I won't dismiss how far they got because of it, or any other factors. Some luck you make. Some you don't. But every team is subject to these factors to varying degrees and timing.

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

What a shitshow. 

Watched it when I got home last night.. Stapling my scrotum to my thigh would have been a better use of my time. 

Halak was really bad, bigger holes than Hope Solo.. He should have a really short leash, another stinker and they should call up Louie Egg Foo Young.

I'd also like to see Captain Trouba.. You know, actually do some Captain shit in regards to a defensive effort from he and his fellow defenders. The collective defensive effort the last few would embarrass the French Army circa 1939. 

Its early, but the returns aren't promising..  Two days off, following a loss and you have that kind of effort? Jesus H. 

Edited by Flynn
  • LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Pete said:

I would say so, yes.

Your points are valid. But you generally need breaks and for some things to go your way to get that deep, no matter how good you are.