• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #7] Rangers vs. Colorado Avalanche — Sauté Nate's Broccoli

High and Wide

I know I’ve said it a ton tonight, but hopefully Kreider was sick or something. He literally looked like he couldn’t give a fuck less to be out on the ice tonight. I’ll take the lack of goal scoring. But if you’re not going to show up and play with urgency, take your ‘A’ off, take the jersey off and give it to someone who gives a shit. There is no excuse, and I don’t care who the player is, for someone to just not show up the way he did tonight. Just an absolute horror show almost every second he played.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

He’s out a while now too right? 12 weeks?

Imagine being able to lose that guy and not have your season crumble. Especially with their average at best goaltending.

Right, and we can't even overcome the loss of our 25-point third line Center. 

• VINNY! 1

6 minutes ago, BlairBettsBlocksEverything said:

Was a great game. Tough loss. Lots to feel encouraged about. See you in June avs 

Diasgree pretty strongly their best players were junk almost the entire if not the entire game, especially up front. Invisible would be kind for a lot of if not most of them. That effort wouldn't nearly be good enough in the playoffs and they were playing against their backup the last five years. I don't take this one as a morale we played really well victory and move on. It was more of the same that we've seen lately. 

Edited by jsrangers
  • VINNY! 1

Just now, Pete said:

The Rangers might have evened the shot total, and the score, but this one didn't ever feel close. 

David and Goliath, IMO. We'll see what CSA says tomorrow. I didn't see the whole game, mostly listened to 2nd. 

Nah. It was pretty close, but Colorado deserved the win on paper. According to naturalstattrick the Rangers had the HDC advantage 11-9, but xGF 2.56 to 2 for Colorado. Assuming the Avs got tons of mid range scoring chances compared to a lot of low range ones for the Rangers to swing the paper battle in their favor.